• Scottish National Party
    • Green
    • Respect
    • Democratic Unionist Party
    • Plaid Cymru
    • SDLP
    • Alliance Party
    • No one - They are all a shower of s#@t

They want a 5 year freeze on unskilled immigration, an Australian style points system to get in, and then another 5 years of paying NI and tax before you are covered by the NHS?? Do UKIP know how many doctors and nurses come from abroad? They'll have to work 5 years and buy their own insurance to get treatment in their own hospital. No one is going to want to come. That'll trigger a crisis in NHS staffing.

A situation which I cannot fathom.

Medicine is a top degree to have, nursing too offers brilliant career potential yet apparently we cannot supply enough for our needs. On the other side of the coin we have countless thousands of people with absolutely useless 3rd rate degrees. Degrees for which there is no natural job market. I don't see this importing mediacl staff as an issue for the NHI or an issue of immigration. What I do see is just a dreadful condemnation of our Education system.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thing is, Al is not on his own, a lot of people have moved out of Blackburn,

Why is that ?

You tell me Yoda?

I know Al moved away because he didn't want to live with Asians......Voting UKIP won't make a blind bit of difference to Al's situation.

.Why did you move away? Same reason?

People move away for many many reasons, it's good to move away in my opinion, it broadens your mind, but many return. All my friends from school, from work, from football in the main live in the area with many having been to Uni and worked away.

Blackburn is a fantastic town, in a wonderful part of the world with fantastic people of all creeds and colour.

Ignore their public statements, Miliband and Sturgeon will have done a deal privately. All the parties will be talking about potential coalitions.

A Labour/SNP coalition would be bad for the 1 per cent and good for the 99 per cent so it depends on your point of view.

Call me naive but I don't believe that. If so why did she show herself up as a turncoat to the very Scottish people that she has spent years preaching the evils of voting Labour and now finally it seems, weaning them away to the SNP and also why embarrass Miliband into making such a public denial? Doesn't make any kind of sense because it has rebounded on them from all sides.

Yes Jim, he who got banned for that very crime.

If the SNP wipe out Labour in Scotland as is likely and they do a deal with them, there is the red line of Trident and also the SNP demanding another independence referendum.

In that scenario it is probable that Labour would never be in power again in an independent England.

Trident. According to Labour 19000 jobs in scotland are dependent on Trident. Little Nicola seems very sure of herself to come out so strongly in favour of binning it off doesn't she?

Regarding Farage and the concerns about applause and left wing bias, Labour and UKIP were the parties who garnered the most applause in that debate (just watched on Iplayer). In fact, Farage actually answered very well on most points.

It disturbs me a little that Farage addressing immigration by being anti-EU is perceived as racism. His wife is foreign, right? Why is 'wanting to trade with the EU rather than be a member' (what was originally voted for by the public) deemed racism? It's nothing more than an attempt to 'shut up' someone who disagrees with the boys already in there imo.

All part of a press and media campaign (and instigated imo by the political parties frightened of losing their comfortable Westminster status quo) to paint Farage as some kind of latter day Oswald Mosley.

The only person that forced you out of Blackburn was you Al, I've lived here all my life, lived in Bastwell for many years, never felt the need to move? Strange that.

Really? Are you still in Bastwell?

The only person that forced you out of Blackburn was you Al, I've lived here all my life, lived in Bastwell for many years, never felt the need to move? Strange that.

No it was immigrants that forced me out of Blackburn. If you still choose to live in Bastwell that is your own affair but I could not live there in an area that is now alien to me. It's like a foreign land and is no longer my country.

You tell me Yoda?

I know Al moved away because he didn't want to live with Asians......Voting UKIP won't make a blind bit of difference to Al's situation.

.Why did you move away? Same reason?

People move away for many many reasons, it's good to move away in my opinion, it broadens your mind, but many return. All my friends from school, from work, from football in the main live in the area with many having been to Uni and worked away.

Blackburn is a fantastic town, in a wonderful part of the world with fantastic people of all creeds and colour.

Initially moved away with work, came back and didn't like what had happened, so moved abroad, came back and it had got even worse, so moved to a nearby town.

What are you basing the description of fantastic on ?

No it's become, or at least part of it, a place where neighbours are suspicious of one another because nobody wants to try to understand the others way of life. Surely it's up to the newcomer to conform and not the native to change it's culture. Best to move away and get out of the area altogether and avoid the conflict.

• Backroom

I get more and more annoyed by this! (Just caught up on QT).

Surely if Farage is racist, why does the international press not regard Australia as a political outcast due to it's 'racist' immigration policy? What about the US, China, and many countries throughout the world who require a visa to get in?

No it's become, or at least part of it, a place where neighbours are suspicious of one another because nobody wants to try to understand the others way of life. Surely it's up to the newcomer to conform and not the native to change it's culture. Best to move away and get out of the area altogether and avoid the conflict.

Its interesting to note my family come from Whalley Range Al, Randal Street, Plane Street Kendal Street, Grace Street and Bastwell.My grandparents lived in the area until they died about 5yrs ago well into their 80's, my cousins still live in the area, not a problem for any other them.

But I respect your decison to move, you moved because you didn't like what the arae had become and you don't like living with Asians, and thats your right, but UKIP won't change any of that Al.

Initially moved away with work, came back and didn't like what had happened, so moved abroad, came back and it had got even worse, so moved to a nearby town.

What are you basing the description of fantastic on ?

Blackburn is situated 45mins from the coast, 45 mins from one of the best cities in the country, 45 mins from the dales and Lake District. We have some wonderful parks, great restaurants and pubs and a good transport infrastructure.

Houses are cheap, we have a thriving town centre, a new cathedral quarter being built countryside all around us and I could go on.

Blackburn is a fantastic place to live.

Its interesting to note my family come from Whalley Range Al, Randal Street, Plane Street Kendal Street, Grace Street and Bastwell.My grandparents lived in the area until they died about 5yrs ago well into their 80's, my cousins still live in the area, not a problem for any other them.

But I respect your decison to move, you moved because you didn't like what the arae had become and you don't like living with Asians, and thats your right, but UKIP won't change any of that Al.

Blackburn is situated 45mins from the coast, 45 mins from one of the best cities in the country, 45 mins from the dales and Lake District. We have some wonderful parks, great restaurants and pubs and a good transport infrastructure.

Houses are cheap, we have a thriving town centre, a new cathedral quarter being built countryside all around us and I could go on.

All the bits in bold are not Blackburn though, I think that is the point I am making, as for great restaurants in Blackburn, really could you name them.

There are a couple of good pubs left in Blackburn but the number is declining year on year.

Some major downsides

a £50 million hospital which is in special measures, no maternity facilities, horrendous insurance premiums due to the crime stats, lower than average mortality rates, I could go on.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/ukip/11539388/Mapped-where-is-Ukips-support-strongest-Where-there-are-no-immigrants.html

Interesting maps of UKIP support. The basic trend is UKIP voters are found in the areas of lowest immigration. White flight (for want of a better phrase)? Or are those closest to immigrant communities more conscious of the value of their contributions?

I get more and more annoyed by this! (Just caught up on QT).

Surely if Farage is racist, why does the international press not regard Australia as a political outcast due to it's 'racist' immigration policy? What about the US, China, and many countries throughout the world who require a visa to get in?

Do people with serious illnesses from the 3rd World go to those places for treatment too?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/ukip/11539388/Mapped-where-is-Ukips-support-strongest-Where-there-are-no-immigrants.html

Interesting maps of UKIP support. The basic trend is UKIP voters are found in the areas of lowest immigration. White flight (for want of a better phrase)? Or are those closest to immigrant communities more conscious of the value of their contributions?

More likely turkeys not voting for xmas

Hang on! Pubs have mostly shut around Bastwell. How far away is your nearest? Brownhill? If so it's a dump. Where are the great restaurants? Apart from the O&O and Clog they are all in the Ribble Valley. The rest of your post suggests you just love getting out of the place

• Backroom

If there are more immigrants in that area, they won't vote for a party that wants to cap immigration will they?

All the bits in bold are not Blackburn though, I think that is the point I am making, as for great restaurants in Blackburn, really could you name them.

There are a couple of good pubs left in Blackburn but the number is declining year on year.

Some major downsides

a £50 million hospital which is in special measures, no maternity facilities, horrendous insurance premiums due to the crime stats, lower than average mortality rates, I could go on.

Restaurants/eating establishments would include Great Village Chinese, Royal Oak, The Butlers, Eanam Wharf Caribbean, numerous Indian restaurants, Yu and You is the best Chinese in the area by a mile, Ocean Palace, Astley Bank, Northcote, I could go on and let's not split hairs about Darwen not being in Bburn.

Plenty of good pubs, Royal Oak, The Railway, The Royal, The Black Bull etc etc.

The bits in bold are valid points in my opinion, you couldn't claim to have the same access to those areas if you lived in Tamworth.

I love living here, pity I'm having to move away! LoL!

Restaurants/eating establishments would include Great Village Chinese, Royal Oak, The Butlers, Eanam Wharf Caribbean, numerous Indian restaurants, Yu and You is the best Chinese in the area by a mile, Ocean Palace, Astley Bank, Northcote, I could go on and let's not split hairs about Darwen not being in Bburn.

Plenty of good pubs, Royal Oak, The Railway, The Royal, The Black Bull etc etc.

The bits in bold are valid points in my opinion, you couldn't claim to have the same access to those areas if you lived in Tamworth.

I love living here, pity I'm having to move away! LoL!

Are you classing anywhere you can drive to easily in a short space of time as Blackburn ?

I can't imagine the owners of Yuo and Yu, Northcotes etc being happy at being described as Blackburn establishments.

Are you classing anywhere you can drive to easily in a short space of time as Blackburn ?

I can't imagine the owners of Yuo and Yu, Northcotes etc being happy at being described as Blackburn establishments.

I thought you'd split hairs, take things literally.

It takes 5 minutes to drive from Blackburn to either of those establishments, I'd say they count!

You ignored the rest.....

I thought you'd split hairs, take things literally.

It takes 5 minutes to drive from Blackburn to either of those establishments, I'd say they count!

You ignored the rest.....

I didn't ignore them, I did think they were not classed as great restaurants though and most of the pubs you mentioned are not in Blackburn, hence the question about what you thought Blackburn was in terms of size, location etc

If you had started off by saying that living in Blackburn you are within reach of some great restaurants and pubs it would have been more accurate.

ps Brownhill to Northcote is 3.1 miles or 8 minutes at the legal speed limit with no stops (more like 15 minutes in reality)

Sadly this is the reason the sites dying a death, everything has to be spelt out to the letter or you end up arguing of split hairs.

Anyway 2-2, Forest could be out of site but I love living in Bburn, it's so much to offer.

You are right. It is too late to save Blackburn but if UKIP are allowed an influence they will save other places being reduced to that level. Blackburn is now a battle ground where separate factions hate one another and the youth actively seek the other factions to attack. Not my idea of a fantastic town at all.

Brilliant :lol: :lol:

You are right. It is too late to save Blackburn but if UKIP are allowed an influence they will save other places being reduced to that level. Blackburn is now a battle ground where separate factions hate one another and the youth actively seek the other factions to attack. Not my idea of a fantastic town at all.

I Disagree Al, but respect your view :tu:

I love living in the town myself, great place to live.

Archived