• Scottish National Party
    • Green
    • Respect
    • Democratic Unionist Party
    • Plaid Cymru
    • SDLP
    • Alliance Party
    • No one - They are all a shower of s#@t

I actually agree with your sentiments there Jim. However, as GAV mentions, food banks existed under Labour therefore society has been on an increasing decline even before this particular government.

How much has the "Right wing hysteria" from the tabloids fuelled the expansion of bank banks by people realising they are "missing out"?

Unfortunately there are no concrete facts on who is actually using the food banks. There has been the magical "1 million people" banded about and even the Trussel Trust has clarified that they gave out 1 million food parcels in the last year, of which there would have been multiple returnees. So based on 3 allowed parcels per claimant, the figure could actually be as few as 333,333 individuals. Still far far too high, but no where near where the left wing hysteria tries to tell us.

As with all things, the figures can be manipulated to suit the agenda.

Trussel Trust have no political agenda, they're running of a shoe string budget so facts and figures arent important to them, feeding vulnerable people is. It doesn't take a genius to understand people are suffering, for whatever reasons, but they are

By the same token are we saying that people are running down to food kitchens for homeless people when the salvation army are offering hand outs?

I have no doubt some people will, but the numbers will be minuscule, its simply not a viable argument.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/michael-goves-wife-says-north-9093271

The Tory Party's negative campaign continues with Gove's wife reported as saying the north will 'leech' off the country, under a Labour- SNP government. This is why I hate them more than any other political party. They got rid of all the skilled manufacturing work, which more than helped the north 'hold its own', and then come out with cr*ap like this.

On a less biased news story, all the parties are hiding from where the axe will fall on spending.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2015-32424739

• Backroom

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/michael-goves-wife-says-north-9093271

The Tory Party's negative campaign continues with Gove's wife reported as saying the north will 'leech' off the country, under a Labour- SNP government. This is why I hate them more than any other political party. They got rid of all the skilled manufacturing work, which more than helped the north 'hold its own', and then come out with cr*ap like this.

On a less biased news story, all the parties are hiding from where the axe will fall on spending.

UKIP have told us ;)

Oh, she's got form for that. She wrote the Daily Mail 'piece' slagging off Milliband for having two kitchens and looking uncomfortable drinking coffee in one...

The Tories are and always will be a party for the rich and the south of England. Look at cuts to council budgets, as I've already stated massive cuts in North West and North East, more than anywhere else in the country, Why?

Sarah Vine is saying what they're all thinking.

For those reasons alone I would probably never vote for them.

Anyone living in our area and voting Tory is like a turkey voting for Christmas. The Conservative party isn't interested in the north of England. Our economic base was deliberately destroyed by Thatcher in the 1980s in order to smash the trade unions and the area was left to rot while the Conservative party set about building London and the south east into a powerhouse based on financial services. The result today is an unbalanced economy and country in which many young people have to move to one area to find a decent job. Meanwhile ordinary London homes are worth millions of pounds, enriching those who live there while doing absolutely nothing at all. People like Sarah Vine are despicable and the newspaper she works for is an appalling publication.

My God the Reds are certainly coming out from under the beds now. Jim and GAV are coming out left of Putin. OK you two go ahead and give all your wages to the dollopers and workshy and I will make them work for what they get instead of standing in their doorways with a fag and a can of Special Brew.

• Moderation Lead

No shocker is it? If she's saying that on the internet, effectively in public, you wonder what she's saying in private.

My God the Reds are certainly coming out from under the beds now. Jim and GAV are coming out left of Putin. OK you two go ahead and give all your wages to the dollopers and workshy and I will make them work for what they get instead of standing in their doorways with a fag and a can of Special Brew.

Come on Al, you know it isn't that simple. Those comments were a disgrace from Gove's wife and can't be defended.

I'd stop reading the daily mail if I was you Al.

The Tories are and always will be a party for the rich and the south of England. Look at cuts to council budgets, as I've already stated massive cuts in North West and North East, more than anywhere else in the country, Why?

Proof?

Google it,or better still read back through the thread.

I have read back through the thread and no one has answered the following as yet

"Going to ask this again because some people like to brush it under the carpet,

Have Labour ever left government with the economy in a better shape than when they entered government ?"

I have read back through the thread and no one has answered the following as yet

"Going to ask this again because some people like to brush it under the carpet,

Have Labour ever left government with the economy in a better shape than when they entered government ?"

You asked Paul I believe?

To answer the question - I don't think so, but we had a bloody good time during Blairs tenure.

Has the North West ever prospered under a Tory government?

You asked Paul I believe?

To answer the question - I don't think so, but we had a bloody good time during Blairs tenure.

Has the North West ever prospered under a Tory government?

It seems to be now, fastest growth in economy and job creation in the UK according to official figures

It seems to be now, fastest growth in economy and job creation in the UK according to official figures

Yes they keep telling us that don't they, maybe down South, but not up North.

If all the claims the Tories made were actually being felt throughout the country they'd be re-elected with a landslide, but they'll get nowhere near and that's the real tester.

Yes they keep telling us that don't they, maybe down South, but not up North.

If all the claims the Tories made were actually being felt throughout the country they'd be re-elected with a landslide, but they'll get nowhere near and that's the real tester.

I think it was the OFS that published those figures, not the government, it was an open question (not for Paul, who seems to have left the planet, as that was a different subject)

Still, as yet you are the only one to attempt to answer the question,

Was Tory Blair not more Blue than Red, might explain the good time you had :)

Look at accy centre for growth .

Now that place is a mess

• Backroom

On QT last night, Dimbleby kept referring to the IFS as having analysed each party's manifesto. UKIP also repeatedly say they have their economic plan costed and signed off by an independent commission.

Does anyone know where I can get hold of these links or documents? I'd like to read them.

On QT last night, Dimbleby kept referring to the IFS as having analysed each party's manifesto. UKIP also repeatedly say they have their economic plan costed and signed off by an independent commission.

Does anyone know where I can get hold of these links or documents? I'd like to read them.

you could try here

http://budgetresponsibility.org.uk/

you may not like the headline in the mustard coloured panel though

I think it was the OFS that published those figures, not the government, it was an open question (not for Paul, who seems to have left the planet, as that was a different subject)

Still, as yet you are the only one to attempt to answer the question,

I'm not disputing the figures, if indeed they're true and the country is prospering then we'll sure see a Tory landslide.

I'll come back to you May 8th when the results are in.

I'm not disputing the figures, if indeed they're true and the country is prospering then we'll sure see a Tory landslide.

I'll come back to you May 8th when the results are in.

No probs,

life will still go on,

Two truths in life, flat roofs leak and you pay tax

:D

As of yesterday the IFS had only analysed the Conservative, Labour, Liberal Democrat and SNP manifestos.

I'd stop reading the daily mail if I was you Al.

Daily Express is my newspaper. Much fairer than the Mail. I suggest you give up your subscription to the Mirror or whatever red top Communist paper you read.

Archived