• Scottish National Party
    • Green
    • Respect
    • Democratic Unionist Party
    • Plaid Cymru
    • SDLP
    • Alliance Party
    • No one - They are all a shower of s#@t

He is showing some true colours and trying to change our history.

So all the black rag danglers claiming to be British are not because there's no such thing ? All very confusing .

What true colours Abbey I am just as British as you. I have no such desire to change history. Jim has said it quite eloquently. Things evolve and change.

Have a drive round Small Heath, Spark Hill, Mosely etc

So no evidence just your perception.

I live in one of those areas. My neighbours either side are white, across from me Pakistani, 6 doors down, Polish in Nationality. Integrated very well thank you. As are most folk.

Get your head out of the UKIP propoganda and you'll see most people are happily living side by side.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

you said if you go back far enough it's not our country , yet you proclaim to be a part of this fictiseous country . Only when it suits it seems.

Integrated ? You need a job up here then .. Intergration officer for the ranges .

you said if you go back far enough it's not our country , yet you proclaim to be a part of this fictiseous country . Only when it suits it seems.

Go back far enough and the origins of this nation mean that we are influenced by a variety of different places, languages etc. That's not real writing history that's stating a fact.

I'll repeat it again for you in case you missed it the first time. I am English, born and bred and very proud of it. We are a multi cultural nation and will continue to be, this is something to be proud of and enjoy not fear.

Integration is required by all not just the people moving in. If you don't make people feel welcome and there is fear then they will get holed up in ghettos.

This is why I hate UKIP. They are here to create fear amongst folk and divide communities.

First of all Daily Mail! But read the article. and even the Mail says he only wants ex BNP voters who are NOT RACIST. Your quote not mine. Have you researched any more dodgy newspaper stats to back up your Commie agenda?

No more tonight I'm out for a pint or two of English Ale.

Christ you found some more dodgy bullsh1t stuff. Didn't take long did it.

Dodgy site? Read the article. Facts.

I'm just glad that people with your views are slowly becoming dinosaurs. The 'it's all about me' attitude is out of touch with what Modern Britain is about...or will be about when Labour come into power.

On that note, I'll let you get on with supporting the bigoted, racist and homophobic party UKIP.

https://www.gov.uk/national-insurance/overview

Check what the government says. State pension is funded from national insurance paid by those who currently pay NI. Your past NI contributions did the same, the state "pension" is paid from current state income and not from a vast pension pot. The state pension is not "bought and paid for," during your working life your NI contributions supported those of retirement age just as mine do now. Given we have a significant long term problem in funding all state benefits with hindsight it would probably have been a very wise government move to actually create a state pension pot.

There is no insult to anyone just a statement of fact. I've raised no objection to it merely pointed out its a benefit you receive.

Can't see what your problem is?

I haven't seen any PM till I saw this post. I rarely access the site from a PC/laptop and PMs don't show on my phone unless I specifically go looking for them, something I never do and the email notifications seems to have stopped working.

Makes no difference how it is funded it is like any other pension payment by a pension fund you pay your premiums and are entitled to the benefits which presumably are paid from current policyholders premiums just like the state pension. It is therefore an entitlement and not a giveaway benefit whatever the government chooses to call it.

You still owe me an apology for stating that I draw state benefits which I have never done in my life with the possible exception of winter fuel allowance and I have no choice on that.

I await your apology.

There is no such thing as pure Englishness. We are an amalgam of an array of other nationalities and races who have combined in a melting pot to create the country in which we live. Whether it’s genetic and genealogical heritage, practically all the components of our national heritage and identity come from abroad. Your hero Nigel Farage has foreign origins I believe. We are all mongrels and better for it because mongrels are tough and resilient. As Asian and Afro-Caribbean people become more assimilated we become more mongrel with each passing decade. We should celebrate our diversity and dismiss the hate and bile of right wing nationalism for what it is - pure bigotry.

Now you're contradicting yourself. We are(By your own admission ) principally of Germanic stock. and as much as you would have it otherwise this smattering of "other" DNA does not a mongrel make. I love how you denigrate your own people, heritage and culture whilst going to extreme lengths to protect others and by the way, where have you seen me mention Nigel Farage?

Dodgy site? Read the article. Facts.

I'm just glad that people with your views are slowly becoming dinosaurs. The 'it's all about me' attitude is out of touch with what Modern Britain is about...or will be about when Labour come into power.

On that note, I'll let you get on with supporting the bigoted, racist and homophobic party UKIP.

Strange that all the hate appears to be coming from your direction. Please stay in Birmingham. If the world had haemorrhoids that's where they would be situated.

Strange that all the hate appears to be coming from your direction. Please stay in Birmingham. If the world had haemorrhoids that's where they would be situated.

must be good having all the intergration there and no problems .

What true colours Abbey I am just as British as you. I have no such desire to change history. Jim has said it quite eloquently. Things evolve and change.

So no evidence just your perception.

I live in one of those areas. My neighbours either side are white, across from me Pakistani, 6 doors down, Polish in Nationality. Integrated very well thank you. As are most folk.

Get your head out of the UKIP propoganda and you'll see most people are happily living side by side.

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2015/feb/20/uks-gun-capital-rancour-and-regret-over-west-midlands-label

• Backroom

I do think most of the scare-mongering is actually done BY other parties towards UKIP. I don't believe the party to be racist, and I can see the logic of their immigration policies (don't hear anybody saying the Australians are racist for the exact same system).

My only issue with UKIPs policies are that they are based on leaving the EU. I WOULD leave the EU, myself but they would be relying on a referendum result that agrees with them.

What would UKIP do if they were in power, but the EU referendum turned a 'stay' result? Where does half the money they base their budget on come from then?

I do think most of the scare-mongering is actually done BY other parties towards UKIP. I don't believe the party to be racist, and I can see the logic of their immigration policies (don't hear anybody saying the Australians are racist for the exact same system).

My only issue with UKIPs policies are that they are based on leaving the EU. I WOULD leave the EU, myself but they would be relying on a referendum result that agrees with them.

What would UKIP do if they were in power, but the EU referendum turned a 'stay' result? Where does half the money they base their budget on come from then?

UKIP know they don't stand a chance of winning the election. So they can publish a completely ideological manifesto with a fully costed budget and claim they are the only honest party, all in the knowledge that they'll never have to follow through on any of their promises.

Why won't Labour or the Tories say exactly where the money in their budgets will come from? Is it because they are pathological liars? Well yes. But they have to be. The reality is they can't be sure what will get through Parliament. Being vague and avoiding questions you don't want to answer is infinitely better than making promises you can't keep when you are in power. Just ask Nick Clegg.

Mike.They would then obviously have to stay in the EU but would likely resign as a government and have another election. However it is unlikely that an electorate who voted for UKIP would vote to stay in a federal Europe. More likely we would come out and seek a trade agreement with the EU if indeed the EU could survive the exit of the UK.

On a different subject I just wondered if Imy9 was short for "Immigrant". It would make a lot of sense.

Makes no difference how it is funded it is like any other pension payment by a pension fund you pay your premiums and are entitled to the benefits which presumably are paid from current policyholders premiums just like the state pension. It is therefore an entitlement and not a giveaway benefit whatever the government chooses to call it.

You still owe me an apology for stating that I draw state benefits which I have never done in my life with the possible exception of winter fuel allowance and I have no choice on that.

I await your apology.

I have not made any comment suggesting you draw state benefits. I said you are in receipt of a state benefit which you are. Nothing to apologise for.

Now as for the funding of the state pension. Can you tell us when you paid premiums in to the state pension fund? It would be illuminating because there isn't one. State pension is paid out of NI contributions, your NIC was spent the year you paid it, today those working are paying your pension benefit.

It can't be like "any other pension payment" because pension funds don't work like that. A pension fund invests money on behalf of its' policyholders, at maturity the policyholder, until recently, purchased an annuity using the funds generated by his investment over the years. today the policyholder can make other choices.

Did you make a choice on buying an annuity with your state pension fund? No, because it doesn't work that way, it is a benefit that all who reach pension age, and have adequate an adequate NIC record, are entitled to receive. I don't know what happens to those who haven't paid NIC.

Whats that article got to do with anything yoda? You'll have to be a bit clearer than just copying and pasting a link. If you've got a point to make you don't have to be scared. Say what you think.

They don't integrate well and have high crime rates, not scared of anything, this is a free country remember,

unfortunately some find it more free than others

I have not made any comment suggesting you draw state benefits. I said you are in receipt of a state benefit which you are. Nothing to apologise for.

Now as for the funding of the state pension. Can you tell us when you paid premiums in to the state pension fund? It would be illuminating because there isn't one. State pension is paid out of NI contributions, your NIC was spent the year you paid it, today those working are paying your pension benefit.

It can't be like "any other pension payment" because pension funds don't work like that. A pension fund invests money on behalf of its' policyholders, at maturity the policyholder, until recently, purchased an annuity using the funds generated by his investment over the years. today the policyholder can make other choices.

Did you make a choice on buying an annuity with your state pension fund? No, because it doesn't work that way, it is a benefit that all who reach pension age, and have adequate an adequate NIC record, are entitled to receive. I don't know what happens to those who haven't paid NIC.

So when you telephone Newcastle and ask for a pension statement and details of your pension contributions and how many qualifying years you have accrued, the line goes dead

They don't integrate well? What has this story got to do with integration? These gang members could be 3rd ot 4th generation immigrants. They are as British as you or me.

What exactly does integration into British society mean to you? Does it mean you have to be successful and not commit crime? Crime is somehow not in our nations character? Because violent crime was a problem in Britain long before these guys' families came over.

Crime rates amongst young black men are comparatively high. But there are complex social reasons for that. I'd be interested to hear what factors you think they are. Surely it's not just that they are young and black.

They don't integrate well? What has this story got to do with integration? These gang members could be 3rd ot 4th generation immigrants. They are as British as you or me.

What exactly does integration into British society mean to you? Does it mean have to be successful and not commit crime? Crime is somehow not in our nations character? Because violent crime was a problem in Britain long before these guys' families came over.

Crime rates amongst young black men are comparatively high. But there are complex social reasons for that. I'd be interested to hear what factors you think they are. Surely it's not just that they are young and black.

Righty Ho,

Is that you sat on toilet in your avatar ?

I take it back. I thought you might have something reasoned or intelligent to say. But no, I liked it better when you just posted links with no comment.

There would be no point in trying to have a debate with you, you only have your point of view, you do not accept any other alternatives.

Have you tried Ex Lax

Oh well. General question for the board then- what is it that immigrants have to do to become 'integrated' into British society? And bringing it back to the election debate, what policies should be in place to promote it?

For me language is probably most important.I think govt support for English language classes and tests for visas is a win win situation. Keeps me in a job too.

Archived