• Scottish National Party
    • Green
    • Respect
    • Democratic Unionist Party
    • Plaid Cymru
    • SDLP
    • Alliance Party
    • No one - They are all a shower of s#@t

Wow. Genetics. That was the Nazi party on the phone thenodrog- they want their views on race back.

You have an alternative theory for the apparently escalating amounts of serious crime and assorted continuing unrest across sub saharan Africa? Unfortunately for your sensibilities it certainly can't be down to white rule / apartheid any longer can it?

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I still say you owe me an apology. The way you worded your post you made it sound as though I was on benefits. This was not an innocent quoting of the law. You went out of your way to twist the way it was worded. I owe you nothing. you owe me an apology. As far as I am concerned telling people that I receive benefits is a personal insult and saying you are arrogant is fair comment.

This is getting more than a little bizarre. Steve Webb says that the law regards the state pension as a benefit, although he recognises some recipients don't like the phrase. I can only presume that you have some problem with the idea that you are receiving a benefit, despite the fact that everyone can see that what you get is deserved. I'll be 65 in less than three years and will be very happy to receive my state pension and it be regarded as a benefit. Do you regard every state benefit as undeserved? Maternity benefit? Benefits for the disabled?

This is getting more than a little bizarre. Steve Webb says that the law regards the state pension as a benefit, although he recognises some recipients don't like the phrase. I can only presume that you have some problem with the idea that you are receiving a benefit, despite the fact that everyone can see that what you get is deserved. I'll be 65 in less than three years and will be very happy to receive my state pension and it be regarded as a benefit. Do you regard every state benefit as undeserved? Maternity benefit? Benefits for the disabled?

Not undeserved as far as maternity benefit (for the first two children only) and the disabled but unlike the pension, unearned. It's benefits to dole dossers and immigrants that I strongly object to.

WTF, why is this bint gobbing off to all and sundry when she is not even standing for election, is she sh1t scarred no one would vote for her ?

"SNP leader Nicola Sturgeon has said Ed Miliband was bullied by the Tories into ruling out a post-election deal with her party.

Ms Sturgeon made the comment in an interview with the BBC's Evan Davis.

She said an arrangement involving the SNP was still possible if Labour needed help to form the next government"

Non players off the green please Miss Sturgeon

Whats the difference between a benefit, a grant and a subsidy?

Nick Clegg has said that one of their red-line policies for joining a coalition is spending on education, which given history is laughable.

Cameron made a very forced passionate speech, which has probably done more harm than good.

Millibands last pre-election policy is a suspension of stamp duty for 3 years, which hardly seems like a deal breaker for the undecided voters.

Its like none of them actually want to win.

Benefit or not you and I have paid for it! I will have to wait until I am 66 though!

Bloody sick of all these daft promises by all and sundry. Just man up and show what a responsible and strong leader of the nation does.

Benefit or not you and I have paid for it! I will have to wait until I am 66 though!

Have you written to Gordon Brown to thank him for that PB?

Actually, it was Gideon Osborne who raised the state pension age. Letters can be addressed to 11 Downing St until May 7 after which he will be moving abroad having screwed the 99 per cent for the past 5 years.

Actually, it was Gideon Osborne who raised the state pension age. Letters can be addressed to 11 Downing St until May 7 after which he will be moving abroad having screwed this country for the past 5 years.

From what I am reading, The current pension age for Males is 65 and the previous (John Major) conservative governments act is currently increasing it for woman from 60-65.

Pensions Act 2007 (Labour) Brought in that it will rise to 68 between 2044 - 2048

Pensions Act 2011 (Conservatives) brought in that it will rise for Male and Female to 66 by 2020

Pensions Act 2014 (Conservatives) brought forward to 2028 for a retirement age of 67

So both parties are as bad as each other.

• Moderation Lead

I'm suprised this Blackburn councillor(of Asian origin) that has today been charged with rigging the voteing in his ward doesn't seem to have got a mention on here.

This is brfcc forums isn't it?

Stop being so provocative! :rover:

'They' actually seem to have something legitimate to get their teeth into this time, I'm just amazed it hasn't been brought up.

And I know you're only kidding(sort of anyway) but what exactly is wrong with being provocative sometimes, places like theses would be incredibly mundane without somebody fanning the flames a little from time to time.

"could" as it "could" under anyone. In fact it probably will rise as life expectancy gets longer. Hence Labour already setting it to 68 previously.

Not undeserved as far as maternity benefit (for the first two children only) and the disabled but unlike the pension, unearned. It's benefits to dole dossers and immigrants that I strongly object to.

Oh dear, oh dear more incorrect information. There are two types of maternity benefit, Statutory Maternity Pay (SMP) and Maternity Allowance (MA).

SMP is available from the employer and is based on the qualifying conditions of length of service and earnings

MA is a weekly payment which may be available to women who have been employed or self-employed prior to pregnancy and earned at least £30 per week

In both cases the recipient has to have been employed to qualify for either SMP or MA in which case the individual will have been making NI contributions and will have earned their benefits

Women who do not qualify for SMP or MA may qualify for Employment Support Allowance (ESA)

In respect of the disabled it is certainly true there are individuals, like my son, who will never have the capacity for work and therefore cannot earn their benefit. There are are however plenty of people who have enjoyed a full working life only to be unfortunate enough to suffer disability which renders them unable to continue working. Such people will have paid NICs before they became incapacitated and so earned their benefit.

"Earned" is not a word I would necessarily agree with in respect of benefits payments

Archived