• Scottish National Party
    • Green
    • Respect
    • Democratic Unionist Party
    • Plaid Cymru
    • SDLP
    • Alliance Party
    • No one - They are all a shower of s#@t

From what I am reading, The current pension age for Males is 65 and the previous (John Major) conservative governments act is currently increasing it for woman from 60-65.

Pensions Act 2007 (Labour) Brought in that it will rise to 68 between 2044 - 2048

Pensions Act 2011 (Conservatives) brought in that it will rise for Male and Female to 66 by 2020

Pensions Act 2014 (Conservatives) brought forward to 2028 for a retirement age of 67

So both parties are as bad as each other.

I'm rather ambivalent about the pension age. My father like most of his generation left school at 14 and qualified for a pension at 65 (didn't take it till he was 70 and didn't retire till he was 72 mind) so for most thats 50 years of paying in. By the same token many kids dont start work until 22/23 (after uni and the almost obligatory gap year) so surely 22 + 50 =72.

So as far as I am concerned there is absolutely nothing wrong with raising it .... except of course that it is prob political suicide. Which in turn simply illustrates the failings of our form of democracy where the shiftless who contribute little to the economy have exactly the same vote as the industrious whose contributions prop it up.

Increasing longevity is a sound reason though isn't it?

I'm suprised this Blackburn councillor(of Asian origin) that has today been charged with rigging the voteing in his ward doesn't seem to have got a mention on here.

This is brfcc forums isn't it?

Totally expected. Doubt he'll be the only one.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Standard madcap Ukip rhetoric and a pack of lies.

Standard madcap outdated left wing rhetoric and a pack of lies.

Having worked in Blackburn for a solicitor's firm (admittedly only driving the van), I can assure you most people who came in with benefit-related claims in my 18months there had typically Islamic or Eastern European names.

You do surprise me Mike.

Fred Kite? Seems to me it's those who object to progress and diversity we have all enjoyed in the last 60 years are those stuck in the 1950s.

Certainly "I'm All Right Jack" is a very appropriate phrase to describe those on the MB who object so strongly to today's society.

Blackburns was an industrious northern town then, now half is a shithole and the other half a ghetto. And for the younger members that's not agenda'd heresay, I am eye witness to it all.

Al there is nothing to put to bed. You've posted a number of factually incorrect statements. The most recent being maternity and disability benefits are "unearned." In the case of maternity benefit you are completely incorrect and disability benefit partially so.

I've provided you with the correct information and I suggest you do take note of the words as for someone with so much to say on benefits you have demonstrated you're rather poorly informed.

Where did I say you objected to helping the disabled?

Off the wall comment! Are homosexuals and lesbians being cheated re: maternity benefits?

Better than electoral fraud isn't it Josef? Care to comment on the disgraceful, dangerous anti-democratic antics of Quesir Mahmood? Or the 5 other boroughs that Labour are strongly suspected to be doing it in?

I'm sure you've got some excuse or brush-it-under-the-carpet reply lined up. Whilst you'd be going absolutely ballistic if UKIP came anywhere close to doing the same thing.

As far as I'm concerned if its proven to be true then I don't see how anyone round here can vote for Labour in good conscience. Tampering with the democratic system is the first step down the slippery slope to corrupt government.

Jim doesn't care about that just so long as Miliband gets into No10. He doesn't care about Electoral fraud, nor Blairs millions, nor the nations economy, nor the nations workforce, nor the defence of the nation via the nuclear peacekeeper of Trident, nor anything else... just so long as Little Ed can park his slippers under the bed at No10 right next to Nicola Sturgeon's. Rest assured if Vladimir Putin had a vote in our forthcoming election he'd cross the exact same box as Jim and the other Labour dinosaurs.

Ed being interviewed by Brand,

enough said

Not quite......... Ed thinking that Brand can offer more gravitas than scorn to his campaign and even worse Ed adopting Brand speak! Down with the kidz eh Ed? :wstu:

Clearly trying to appeal to the younger disengaged voter, good move I'd say.

But you're right, Brands a 1st class numpty.

Appeal to the younger disengaged voter and repulse the older engaged voter. :wacko: I trust you aren't in PR gav?

Tried booking a Dr appointment .. None availed for 3 weeks ! They said I can have a phone consultation . I replied how's the Dr gonna shove a thermometer up my arse via the phone . It's pathetic !

Just as an aside Abbey..... I suggest you change Doctors if that's standard practice by yours! ^_^

But hey I had a similar experience (appointment not rectal temperature readings) with reception so I put the phone down and rang the practice admin requesting information on how to change practice and could they recommend another one. Miraculously I got to see a Doctor that afternoon!

tbh I think the receptionists are so used to the increasingly necessary binning off timewasters, attention seekers and basic lonely people that they can't recognise the more deserving cases.

What's the surprise, drog?

The surprise is that there isn't a smiley for sarcasm.

Some of the Polls now starting to shift towards the Tories but plenty can change in a week.

It's clear there will be no majority for Labour or the Conservatives. If the polls are correct then I'm expecting something like the Conservatives on 280-290 seats and with the largest vote share, Labour on 260-270.

It all then comes down to how the Lib Dems do. Clegg might lose his seat unless some Conservatives in Sheffield decide to tactically vote to save him. If Clegg keeps his seat and the Lib Dems can get around 30 odd seats then I can see a Conservative/Lib Dem arrangement again. If Clegg loses his seat and the Lib Dems do badly then it's going to be a Lab/SNP arrangement.

If it's the latter I can't see the government lasting 5 years.

This site has a good comparison http://may2015.com/category/seat-calculator/

That site has the parties closer but it's based on Ashcroft's polling - and we all know where his sympathies lie.

The Guardian's poll projection (based on average poll of polls) has Labour on 267 and Tories on 276; Labour-SNP coalition on 322 and Con-LibDems 303

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/ng-interactive/2015/feb/27/guardian-poll-projection

The Financial Times projection (as of last night based on Populus poll averages) has Labour on 270 and Tories on 279.

http://elections.ft.com/uk/2015/projections

These of course change from day to day.

That site has the parties closer but it's based on Ashcroft's polling - and we all know where his sympathies lie.

The Guardian's poll projection (based on average poll of polls) has Labour on 267 and Tories on 276; Labour-SNP coalition on 322 and Con-LibDems 303

Surely Milliband isn't a base liar is he? How could he go back on his word as stated in front of the nation? If he did then surely his position would be untenable? The electorate would have been duped and another election would be necessary.

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2015/apr/16/miliband-sturgeon-final-tv-debate-anti-tory-coalition

But then no one votes on a government or a specific prime minister - you vote for a candidate in your constituency.

It is very unlikely that there will be another quick election. After the Fixed Parliaments Act, it would require a 2/3rds majority of ALL MPs to repeal the act. In effect that means that both Labour and the Conservatives have to want it at the same time.

• Backroom

There ought to be a two-tier system imo. Vote for MP in your constituency, THEN the PM is picked from those in government.

It'd (in theory) stop people voting for a particular party and focus on their local areas.

Then all MPS would want to help their local area at the national level and create a fairer spread of wealth. Have potential candidates decide their manifestos as normal but (shock) we have to read them rather than rely on twisted words from the toffee-nosed gits at the top.

Voting for your local MP based on the leaders of the parties is just backwards imo.

Blackburns was an industrious northern town then, now half is a shithole and the other half a ghetto. And for the younger members that's not agenda'd heresay, I am eye witness to it all.

Bunkum.

You maybe an eyewitness but from the top of billing hill. Try getting out a bit more, speak to people, live a little, Blackburns a great place to live, you want to try some of the places where I've had the misfortune of spending time recently, West Midlands, then you'd see real ghettos and shitholes.

Some of the Polls now starting to shift towards the Tories but plenty can change in a week.

It's clear there will be no majority for Labour or the Conservatives. If the polls are correct then I'm expecting something like the Conservatives on 280-290 seats and with the largest vote share, Labour on 260-270.

It all then comes down to how the Lib Dems do. Clegg might lose his seat unless some Conservatives in Sheffield decide to tactically vote to save him. If Clegg keeps his seat and the Lib Dems can get around 30 odd seats then I can see a Conservative/Lib Dem arrangement again. If Clegg loses his seat and the Lib Dems do badly then it's going to be a Lab/SNP arrangement.

If it's the latter I can't see the government lasting 5 years.

I really hope Clegg loses his seat for his complete disregard for the electorate last time around.

It never crossed his mind for a second that his voters would be against the coalition, it was all about Nick.

Anybody that classes even the worst areas of Blackburn as "ghettos" really needs a reality check, compared to some of the city suburbs and housing estates Blackburn is a paradise(well not quite, but you get my point)

"Shitholes" yes, but that's more to do with lazy pricks that just dump their rubbish and litter everywhere and have no sense of pride when it comes to keeping there gardens neat & tidy.

Council and twin valley residents are required as part of their tenancy agreement to keep their outside Ares tidy, I doubt that the ever enforce these rules though, that said though, itsaonly Tennant's that rent private that really don't give a toss and let everything become overgrown AMD then they try to say its the landlords responsibility to sort it out.

Its generally Just a lazy society we live in these days though, which is kind of ironic when you see all these people spending a fortune on gym memberships, they should save themselves a good few quid and get their fat arises in the garden(or help an elderly neighbour with garden)

Bunkum.

You maybe an eyewitness but from the top of billing hill. Try getting out a bit more, speak to people, live a little, Blackburns a great place to live, you want to try some of the places where I've had the misfortune of spending time recently, West Midlands, then you'd see real ghettos and shitholes.

Should have gone to specsavers. :rolleyes:

gav the place is unrecognisable from the town of my youth. Just go down town on a Fri/sat night if you don't believe me. You tell us you still live in Bastwell so how far away are you from three local pubs? How far a walk are they? There used to be any number on Whalley range alone!

btw You telling ME to live a little! Thats really very funny. :lol:

Archived