• Green
    • Respect
    • Democratic Unionist Party
    • Plaid Cymru
    • SDLP
    • Alliance Party
    • No one - They are all a shower of s#@t

Boohoo.

since there is no poll, how about people just cut out the bs and say who they are voting for, I'm voting labour simply because they are the best of a bad bunch, represent my values closer than any others and locally they do a better job at in the area than any of the others could, the last 5 years under the Torry scum have been @#/? for me personally from a financial point of view and the minnow parties are just lightweights with nothing at all to back up their words

Why's that when compared to previous years?

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The political illiteracy in this post is truly staggering.

The Conservative party represents the wealthy and the privileged and does everything in its power to transfer even more wealth and power to the tiny super-rich minority at the expense of everyone else. It amazes me that so many millions of ordinary people are incapable of understanding that voting for the Tories is blatantly voting against their own best interests.

I would change the words 'the Tories' to 'Labour' in your last sentence and we are on the same page.

Why?

That exact sentence is what I believe when I see the same constiuencies vote Labour over and over again, and is the fact that Labour can only get a third of the vote after 5 years of 'austerity' not tell you that the days of Labour as a vast movement of working people is over?

Not as vicious on here as I have come to expect from normal brfcs political threads!

Anyhow. For me the election as a whole is a bit of a mess. None of the UK parties really has an inspiring or clear message. Everyone is chasing the voters rather than attract them which gives everything a bit of a desperate air. The SNP are whipping everyone north of the border because they have a positive message that their electorate can get behind. The UK parties look on forlornly at that sort of appeal.

I'd vote labour, but can't as I am out of the country for a year and forgot to register for a postal vote before I left. Id vote for them as they are slightly (not vastly) more inclined to increase the tax burden on those who can afford it, and lessen it on those who cannot. The Tories are the opposite, particularly lassez faire about big business. The very plain fact is that the wealthiest have got incredibly rich at a huge rate over the last 20 years while normal people's salaries have stagnated. This is a major social issue which is going to get worse and will define the political landscape for all of our natural lives.

Outside of this I don't believe that whether the Tories or Labour have the whip hand the agendas delivered will be that different. Both want to boost the economy, have acceptable public services, moderately control immigration, improve education, cut the deficit, yada yada. Both parties are staffed by mediocre talent frightened of leading and doing anything much different.

However the two areas where I do see a big difference is that there is a real risk to the NHS from profiteering Tories (some of whom are MPs) which could cause huge damage, and the second is an over-emphasis on austerity by the Tories which is largely agreed by economists to actually be hurting growth. Not hugely but by some percentage points. Meanwhile people on the front line get hit by needless cuts.

Politics has changed, it's fragmented. It's unlikely the main parties will ever poll more than 35 per cent, including your beloved Conservatives. Coalitions will become the norm.

But that still doesn't explain why anyone from this area would want to vote for the party of vested interests, the City of London and hedge funds.

Why?

That exact sentence is what I believe when I see the same constiuencies vote Labour over and over again, and is the fact that Labour can only get a third of the vote after 5 years of 'austerity' not tell you that the days of Labour as a vast movement of working people is over?

'Working class' A term used frequently on here. tbh I'm a little unclear as to what it is and I've recently asked both Amarillo and Abbey to actually define the term after they used it in comment but unless I've missed it I don't think I've had a reply from either yet. Maybe Jim mk2 would like to step up to the plate on this one?

'Working class' A term used frequently on here. tbh I'm a little unclear as to what it is and I've recently asked both Amarillo and Abbey to actually define the term after they used it in comment but unless I've missed it I don't think I've had a reply from either yet. Maybe Jim mk2 would like to step up to the plate on this one?

As you can see I used 'working people', 'working class' is a way for Labour to continue their class wars.

Not as vicious on here as I have come to expect from normal brfcs political threads!

Anyhow. For me the election as a whole is a bit of a mess. None of the UK parties really has an inspiring or clear message. Everyone is chasing the voters rather than attract them which gives everything a bit of a desperate air. The SNP are whipping everyone north of the border because they have a positive message that their electorate can get behind. The UK parties look on forlornly at that sort of appeal.

I'd vote labour, but can't as I am out of the country for a year and forgot to register for a postal vote before I left. Id vote for them as they are slightly (not vastly) more inclined to increase the tax burden on those who can afford it, and lessen it on those who cannot. The Tories are the opposite, particularly lassez faire about big business. The very plain fact is that the wealthiest have got incredibly rich at a huge rate over the last 20 years while normal people's salaries have stagnated. This is a major social issue which is going to get worse and will define the political landscape for all of our natural lives.

Outside of this I don't believe that whether the Tories or Labour have the whip hand the agendas delivered will be that different. Both want to boost the economy, have acceptable public services, moderately control immigration, improve education, cut the deficit, yada yada. Both parties are staffed by mediocre talent frightened of leading and doing anything much different.

However the two areas where I do see a big difference is that there is a real risk to the NHS from profiteering Tories (some of whom are MPs) which could cause huge damage, and the second is an over-emphasis on austerity by the Tories which is largely agreed by economists to actually be hurting growth. Not hugely but by some percentage points. Meanwhile people on the front line get hit by needless cuts.

You forgot Europe. A referendum and possibility of a "Brexit" is a huge risk and potentially disastrous for the economy.

Did you miss this and the follow up posts?

http://www.brfcc.com/mb/index.php/topic/30413-the-general-election-2015/?p=1521697

Also study some of the figures on here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economy_of_the_European_Union#Economic_variation

They illustrate the excellent job that the Tories have done in turning the nations economy in the past 5 years. Rem the government cannot make money, it can only get money through taxing people that make it. In effect the economy funds everything. Every issue under discussion at this election e.g. NHS, Unemployment, Defence / Scotland / welfare is funded by one thing....the economy. Get that right and keep it right and the nation cannot help but prosper. All labour, liberal and SNP are offering in bleating about austerity and the like and driving the rich away from these shores is short term gain , long term pain.

Did you miss this and the follow up posts?

http://www.brfcc.com/mb/index.php/topic/30413-the-general-election-2015/?p=1521697

Also study some of the figures on here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economy_of_the_European_Union#Economic_variation

They illustrate the excellent job that the Tories have done in turning the nations economy in the past 5 years. Rem the economy funds everything. Every issue under discussion at this election e.g. NHS, Unemployment, Defence / Scotland / welfare is funded by one thing....the economy. Get that right and keep it right and the nation cannot help but prosper. All labour, liberal and SNP are offering in bleating about austerity is short term gain , long term pain.

One of the myths that is continually perpetuated by the right is that only the private sector creates wealth when in fact, although you may not want to believe it, government spending creates wealth.

Governments create wealth when they provide any sort of private or public service - postal services, health services, transport, education or even the devising of policy by civil servants. Wealth is also created when government money is spent conducting research or invested in innovation. One such innovation which owes its existence to the government is the internet.

I would also remind you that the "excellent job" over the past 5 years by the Tories (coalition actually) has seen more new public debt created than every Labour govt in history combined.

Why?

the real fact is that the Tories haven't won an outright majority since 1992, even though the Labour govt were in power at the time the biggest financial collapse since the 1930's occurred, which the tory press even managed to blame on Labour even though it started in the US.

As you can see I used 'working people', 'working class' is a way for Labour to continue their class wars.

The only people engaging in class war are the Tories. They demonise the poor, the sick, the jobless and those unable to help themselves.

If anyone doesn't know what working class & upper class are then it's a poor do. I'm still waiting to see if you are going to pay the extra on season ticket prices to what you believe it should be . :)

the real fact is that the Tories haven't won an outright majority since 1992, even though the Labour govt were in power at the time the biggest financial collapse since the 1930's occurred, which the tory press even managed to blame on Labour even though it started in the US.

The only people engaging in class war are the Tories. They demonise the poor, the sick, the jobless and those unable to help themselves.

I don't disagree, the Tories haven't had a thumping majority since 1987, I doubt Labour will have one for the forseeable future, both parties have image problems, Tories as 'nasty', Labout as incompetent.

In your opinion, of course, I believe that reforming welfare was a must, emotive language like 'demonising the poor' isn't the reality, getting peple back to work after decades on welfare is a great positive.

I don't disagree, the Tories haven't had a thumping majority since 1987, I doubt Labour will have one for the forseeable future, both parties have image problems, Tories as 'nasty', Labout as incompetent.

In your opinion, of course, I believe that reforming welfare was a must, emotive language like 'demonising the poor' isn't the reality, getting peple back to work after decades on welfare is a great positive.

Forgetting the morals of targetting the poorest and weakest for a problem created by the richest and then rewarding the richest with tax cuts. Which way you look at it, the Tories are vile.

Chicken feed in the south east. And there are those who earn more than that per week. Which is great if you can get it - every employee should screw their employers for as much as they can. But there are so many tax avoidance and evasion schemes none are paying 45 per cent plus as they should be. Note to Ed Balls - shut all such schemes down as soon as you get in No 11.

Stop being silly James. There is no such thing as a tax evasion scheme. That would be illegal. You can repeat tax avoidance and evasion schemes as often as you want but you know it's bullsh1t. It just makes you feel good to say it.

After Osbournes last proper budget I did the BBC calculator and found we'd be some £330 a year better off, but even if we'd have been £3300 a year better of I'd never vote Tory. Far to much water under the bridge to ever vote for those *******.

Not sure who I'll be voting for this time tbh.

Farage lost my support when he talked about immigrants with HIV draining the Nhs, he must have lost thousands of votes with that one. Yes he's genuine, answers questions but he's a bit mad and voters should beware.

Don't be daft. He never had your support in the first place. Incidentally he is correct. Again.

The political illiteracy in this post is truly staggering.

The Conservatives are the party that represents the wealthy and the privileged and does everything in their power to transfer even more wealth and power to the tiny super-rich minority at the expense of everyone else. It amazes me that so many millions of ordinary people are incapable of understanding that voting for the Tories is blatantly voting against their own best interests.

You don't need to hammer every poster voting Tory Jim, you remonstrating is likely to have the adverse effect and get more people voting for them!

After Osbournes last proper budget I did the BBC calculator and found we'd be some £330 a year better off, but even if we'd have been £3300 a year better of I'd never vote Tory. Far to much water under the bridge to ever vote for those *******.

Not sure who I'll be voting for this time tbh.

Typical dyed in the wool Commie. Put up a monkey with a red ribbon and you'd vote for it.

Don't be daft. He never had your support in the first place. Incidentally he is correct. Again.

Yes you're probably right Al, but I do have time for Farage, it's refreshing to hear a politician address the questions put to him frankly and honestly.

Stop being silly James. There is no such thing as a tax evasion scheme. That would be illegal. You can repeat tax avoidance and evasion schemes as often as you want but you know it's bullsh1t. It just makes you feel good to say it.

Here you are. Read and learn.

http://www.accounting-degree.org/accounting-tricks/

Typical dyed in the wool Commie. Put up a monkey with a red ribbon and you'd vote for it.

Social democrat maybe. Stupid comment.

Engineer wasn't you Al?

Tories destroyed engineering/manufacturing/industry in this country, you're a traitor to your profession voting for that lot.

Archived