BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] boo ha ....

• Backroom

£3m and £35k p/w. We're probably still paying at least 50% of that, so that he can go and get booed off at another club. I truly hope I never see Best wearing our shirt again.

Wouldn't be surprised if he was paid off in the summer - if we can afford to do so, anyway.

I think it was PhilipL or someone on here who put out the warnings early on when they were signing these cretins. He said something along the lines that Best alone would cost the club 10 million over the course of his contract. Taking into account the fee, wages and all other associated costs. Or could it have been Etuhu he was on about or Murphy ????

Puts it into perspective about when people moan about the Rhodes money. At least we've had regular goals back for that and could get some back in fee. How could that other 20/30 mill have been used.............

Why pay him off? Personally I'd just not loan him, not pick him and make him train alone until his contract ends. Make him suffer slightly for his cash

Suffer (slightly)? i don't think he has much ambition to play football. Making him turn up for a couple of hours, jog around, kick a ball and then go home with £30k per week tucked into his back pocket sounds more like a reward.

£3m and £35k p/w. We're probably still paying at least 50% of that, so that he can go and get booed off at another club. I truly hope I never see Best wearing our shirt again.

Wouldn't be surprised if he was paid off in the summer - if we can afford to do so, anyway.

I reckon we are paying 90% of that.

Anyway it's not his fault we where stupid enough to give him that contract, as much as he has his attitude problems.

• Backroom

Anyway it's not his fault we where stupid enough to give him that contract, as much as he has his attitude problems.

Probably Baz, was just trying to be optimistic :(

Probably Baz, was just trying to be optimistic :(

Sorry, maybe we should just be happy that in fact Rovers are paying him nowt, and the Bank of India are buying him a vast collection of trainers.

Why pay him off? Personally I'd just not loan him, not pick him and make him train alone until his contract ends. Make him suffer slightly for his cash

The way he's shaping I doubt we will have a choice but to do just that.

I think it was PhilipL or someone on here who put out the warnings early on when they were signing these cretins. He said something along the lines that Best alone would cost the club 10 million over the course of his contract. Taking into account the fee, wages and all other associated costs. Or could it have been Etuhu he was on about or Murphy ????

Puts it into perspective about when people moan about the Rhodes money. At least we've had regular goals back for that and could get some back in fee. How could that other 20/30 mill have been used.............

Not really it doesn't. I tell you what does though, whilst Rhodes has weighed in with a good number of goals Gestede was approx 1m and the excellent Danny Ings about the same.

odd nobody has ever tried to sue for breach or non performance. Employment law is just open to abuse. In business he could have been sued or at least face a penalty clause for non performance.

Why hasn't Bowyer brought in someone along the lines of an Ings type etc then, even on loan so he could maybe prove a point ? He's had almost carte blanch at times to bring people in so where is one of these ten a penny strikers who he can say to the owners look at this lad, cheap and he scores goals.

Why hasn't Bowyer brought in someone along the lines of an Ings type etc then, even on loan so he could maybe prove a point ? He's had almost carte blanch at times to bring people in so where is one of these ten a penny strikers who he can say to the owners look at this lad, cheap and he scores goals.

Grief! Why hasn't every manager in the top two divisions? Cos Ings types they are few and far between. Maybe you can reveal who and where the next Danny Ings is? Until then we'll just have to see if Paul Taylor can knuckle down I suppose.

Grief! Why hasn't every manager in the top two divisions? Cos Ings types they are few and far between. Maybe you can reveal who and where the next Danny Ings is? Until then we'll just have to see if Paul Taylor can knuckle down I suppose.

So basically you've contradicted yourself yet again on that point after saying there are cheaper strikers than Rhodes out there who can score goals you then say it's almost impossible to find them. Good grief indeed :rover:

• Moderation Lead

Not really it doesn't. I tell you what does though, whilst Rhodes has weighed in with a good number of goals Gestede was approx 1m and the excellent Danny Ings about the same.

odd nobody has ever tried to sue for breach or non performance. Employment law is just open to abuse. In business he could have been sued or at least face a penalty clause for non performance.

Gestede was about £300k I think.

Archived