BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] AFC Darwen

Yeah it's a nice little ground / set up, but I can't imagine wanting to go and watch the match.

If so disinterested, why pop into this thread and post twice on it?

Delighted for Darwen. I still harbour ambitions of buying them and getting them into the professional leagues when I get rich!

Over 2000 on Chorley tonight for their 0 - 0 with Boston in the semi final first leg play off match.

Sadly Boston looked the better team and I don't think Chorley will make the final.

Spotted a flag there with 'Blackburn Pilgrims' on.

Over 2000 on Chorley tonight for their 0 - 0 with Boston in the semi final first leg play off match.

Sadly Boston looked the better team and I don't think Chorley will make the final.

Spotted a flag there with 'Blackburn Pilgrims' on.

The Lincolnshire diaspora has a big presence in Blackburn.

I went to game today after being down at Ewood. It was a very entertaining game, with Darwen winning 5-3, in front of a crowd just short of 900. Well played to Blackburn for advertising the game today. It's a shame they can't stagger the football more often because many other non-league sides would benefit across the country.

I went to game today after being down at Ewood. It was a very entertaining game, with Darwen winning 5-3, in front of a crowd just short of 900. Well played to Blackburn for advertising the game today. It's a shame they can't stagger the football more often because many other non-league sides would benefit across the country.

Good luck to Darwen, is that their best gate of the season?

Chorley won at Boston 5-4 on pens after a brilliant over head kick equaliser from Chorley (320 fans at Boston); now two legs v Guisley. Good luck Chorley and Darwen.

Chorley won at Boston 5-4 on pens after a brilliant over head kick equaliser from Chorley (320 fans at Boston); now two legs v Guisley. Good luck Chorley and Darwen.

Just one game for Chorley, at Victory Park next Saturday. Winner in in the Conference.

There's presumably nothing stopping Darwen playing their home games at 12.15 when Rovers are at home.

I agree. The non-league football authorise need to have a think and adapt.

I believe it was. It might even be the best in the whole league. That total for the 10th tier is pretty astonishing. Indeed, hopefully we'll see them do a Fleetwood!

Fantastic result for Darwen. 850 was the attendance, may have been even more but for the appalling weather. Cracking atmosphere. To be fair Hanley brought 100 plus away fans.

For those on this website who are out of town, there is a big Rovers connection with AFC Darwen. The majority who watch Darwen are Darwen based rovers fans like myself. Kevin Gallagher is the director of football. Wayne Wild of the Rovers trust is chairman. A lot of the team are rovers fans.

Onwards and upwards.

Just one game for Chorley, at Victory Park next Saturday. Winner in in the Conference.

I stand corrected. Unfortunately I can't make Chorley on Saturday.....gutted.

I wonder if this time next year they will be pushing for the football league, I hope so.

It will cause problems for quite a few on this site. ST for Ewood or Chorley?

Archived