BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers announce retained list

I mistakenly thought I was replying to Parson but hey ho! if the cap fits.

As it was posted on the message board and I had an opinion I thought I would post it.

Wasn't having a go - just voicing differing opinions. Those being firstly that I rely on this message board to hear about comments coming out of the club, so I like people posting even general comments from sources at the club.

And secondly that I really haven't thought that Robbo was that good in the last year or two - think his age and size caught up with him a bit. Remember despairing at Molineux when aside from shouting at his defenders he might as well have stayed on the coach.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

I like people posting comments from sources at the club. If they have been asked not to give details, and do so, then that source will not confide in them again.

To be fair, 1864 said anybody could speak to Shelfy and get the same info, so it doesn't seem like it's confidential.

How the hell has Carson of the under 21s got a deal? He's a pub player at best.

He had a pretty decent season last year for the Under-21's and clearly did more than enough to earn another twelve months. Friends I go to Under-21 games with all pleased to see him sign on again.

He had a pretty decent season last year for the Under-21's and clearly did more than enough to earn another twelve months. Friends I go to Under-21 games with all pleased to see him sign on again.

Not like you to dumb things down Parson ;0).

If he makes it at Championship Level I'll show my arse in the centre circle at Ewood. He makes Jason Lowe look like Schweinsteiger.

He did yes, wasn't too bad of a player but the two lads with the u18s Matthew Platt and Scott Wharton are both better centre backs, so would imagine one or both of those will step up to the 21's next season.

Thanks for the info. I thought Jones was ok but not as good as Lavelle at Ewood but his display at St Marys was, in the words of GB, magnificent. However we let O'Connell go so someone must know what they're doing. I trust in them.

With regards to Carson, I've only seen him twice but he has not impressed me one bit. However, I'll take your word for it, Parson.

I'm a Chris Taylor fan (unlike my two matchday friends) and unlike Abbey and a few more. I do hope he signs another deal.

With regards to Robbo, if he has been unprofessional, then I say good riddance.

My idol of a BRFC professional is Egil Ostenstad. Souey dropped him from the first team SQUAD.

Without so much as a moan he trained with the youth team to keep his fitness. No bitching to the media as far as I'm aware.

This lasted for some time until his services were needed again and he was recalled to the first team.

Egil was a fine example to all footballers. The complete professional.

Many of the prima donnas of today should take note.

Thanks for the info. I thought Jones was ok but not as good as Lavelle at Ewood but his display at St Marys was, in the words of GB, magnificent. However we let O'Connell go so someone must know what they're doing. I trust in them.

With regards to Carson, I've only seen him twice but he has not impressed me one bit. However, I'll take your word for it, Parson.

I'm a Chris Taylor fan (unlike my two matchday friends) and unlike Abbey and a few more. I do hope he signs another deal.

With regards to Robbo, if he has been unprofessional, then I say good riddance.

My idol of a BRFC professional is Egil Ostenstad. Souey dropped him from the first team SQUAD.

Without so much as a moan he trained with the youth team to keep his fitness. No bitching to the media as far as I'm aware.

This lasted for some time until his services were needed again and he was recalled to the first team.

Egil was a fine example to all footballers. The complete professional.

Many of the prima donnas of today should take note.

I'll always remember when offsidestad retired. They asked him why and he answered "I'm not very good".

Archived