BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers announce retained list

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seem to remember it being a problem for the site when people copied entire pieces on here without credit/link. Copyright issues.

The original piece can be found here: http://www.rovers.co.uk/news/article/rovers-announce-retained-list-2458823.aspx

Ah right I didn't know that! Just saw on twitter that a few people were having trouble accessing the article so thought I'd just copy it instead.

I don't know too much about the kids who are staying or going but the number being offered new contracts indicates that may well be where our future lies. Personally I wouldn't have offered Williamson a new deal as I think we could bring in somebody better in what has been a real problem area for us.

From a pure financial point of view it must save around £100k a week with the players going.

I wouldn't say disappointed but I hope the terms are favourable to Rovers in light of his age and fitness - I suspect they aren't.

It does seem that our contracts have an additional year option triggered after a number of games. It would explain why players keep being left out.

Pleased that Kilgallon has re-signed, and Williamson to a ceratin extent because he had some very good games last season and is a good player to have in the squad.

It's ridiculous that Lenihan's contarct has been allowed to run down, lets hope he signs. King being tucked away amongst the list of U'21 is ominous, maybe they were hoping we wouldn't notice he hasn't signed yet!

Taylor hasn't gone yet and could re-sign. He's another good squad player who should have got more time on the pitch last season, especially given how @#/? Marshall was for the last few months.

The last of the Portugeezers leaves the club. I had Paulo Jorge down as the new Rui Costa :wacko:

We got away with letting O'Connell's contract run down last summer (and then subsequently sold him) but we may not get so lucky with Lenihan. Why don't the club try sorting the top youngsters contracts out earlier?

Williamson's deal is fine so long as he is a squad player. A starter and we're done.

Archived