BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Capital One Cup

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why?

Just sit in the mirrowing seat in the JW.

I would imagine there would be a fair few Riversiders in there, so it won't just be the JW regulars.

Call me old fashioned but I don't particularly want to sit anywhere else, 24 years in the same vicinity has made me rather used to it.

I'm the same, been in my seat in the BBEnd since day dot, however for the charity match last year, I sat in the JW, quite enjoyed the novelty.

What I would say, looking at the kinds of crowds we get for cup ties, it could become a regular occurence.

For those of you thinking of relocating from the riverside to the jack walker stand as you scan the pitch don't be alarmed by the fact there isn't a big girder obscuring part of the pitch it's totally normal. Also if it rains theres this roof thing that actually covers all seats so you won't get wet.

Joking aside if demand isn't there it makes total sense to open only a few stands. Frankly I'd only open jw upper tier or bburn end lower and only open others if sell out each tier.

• Moderation Lead

For those of you thinking of relocating from the riverside to the jack walker stand as you scan the pitch don't be alarmed by the fact there isn't a big girder obscuring part of the pitch it's totally normal. Also if it rains theres this roof thing that actually covers all seats so you won't get wet.

Joking aside if demand isn't there it makes total sense to open only a few stands. Frankly I'd only open jw upper tier or bburn end lower and only open others if sell out each tier.

3rd from the back row mate, dry as a bone me!

Common sense has got to prevail somewhere along the line though in regards to the Riverside. I can understand people wanting to sit where they normally do but expecting the stand to be open for a handful of people is a bit much. Your going to watch the match and support your team not say hello to your seat. Can't be more than 150 in there for cup games of this ilk when it's open, you literally can't see anybody. Get in the JW upper for a tenner and just enjoy the change. It might look better from up there....... :rover:

Archived