SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Tonights Game

des

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Senior Central Midfield Options: Lowe, Evans, Williamson or Petshi

Who's going to provide any guile? There was a time when only one Keith Andrews was enough. We now have 4

Is it fair to judge Petshi yet?

It was a standard 4-4-2 for most of the game with O'Sullivan and Marshall upfront although Marshall did drop a little deeper at times. There was a lot of passing to feet between the defenders and the goalkeeper then a lot of the usual hoof the ball down the line or upfield, which was largely ineffectual due to us not really having any pace of height upfront. We just don't have the players to play the sort of passing game you are suggesting, Cairney was one of the few players we had capable of this football is now gone. I suggest this season we are going to see a lot of fairly simple "hard-working" "keep it tight" 4-4-2 mentality football with two defensive central midfielders as favoured by GB.

That's my fear too without a football brain in the team.

To be honest Stuart I would like to see us send him out on loan this season. He didn't have a great time last season with the Under-21's and last night he struggled to get into the game. I think we all want him to succeed but I wonder if the pressure to do so is beginning to tell on him. O'Sullivan has spent a couple of seasons going out on loan and it's done him a power of good. I could understand why the club might have been reluctant to do so last season with Morris and O'Sullivan out on loan he would have been needed as cover here. However, this season there is no reason why, if he isn't at least getting on the bench, he shouldn't have a spell somewhere on loan.

I personally don't think Mahoney has kicked on. How much did he cost from Accy?

He was playing games at Accy and should have been let back there straight away on loan after we bought.

Really hope the kid comes good.

It's not about passing per sae it's about always having two or three options. The art of a good passing game is to have the entire team looking to get into enough space to be in a good position to receive the ball. Even Tugay couldn't pass effectively if all his team mates were standing still and tightly marked.

Thing about Lowe that people on here seem unable to adjust their ovine opinions to to is that whilst he was one of our weaker players in the Prem he is now one of our stronger ones.

Pick on someone else guys.

Agree in a lot of ways, but players like Tugay make the game look simple, tugays best ability was to play a pass in front of a player so he had to advance, then Tugay would make himself available to take a simple pass back from said player, then repeat.

I'd pay money every day of the week even now to watch Tugay.

Archived