BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Tonights Game

des

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hanley was at one time prem quality, he CAN get back to that. Strachen wouldn't have as a first choice pick for Scotland if he were a dummy..

Along with Lowe, why is it fans think players that are signed better than home grown players..?

Are you being serious about Hanley? When exactly was he Premier League class? When him and Dann had a good 3 months after relegation to the Championship? I'm all for home grown players - but I've genuinely not seen a class centre back when I watch that lad. Rash, mistake - making, hoofballer.

@OneRovers: FT: Rochdale 1-2 Rovers. Ian Henderson scores twice as Rovers slip to a narrow 2-1 defeat, after Lee Williamson had opened the scoring.

What you all on about? We won ;)

@OneRovers: FT: Rochdale 1-2 Rovers. Ian Henderson scores twice as Rovers slip to a narrow 2-1 defeat, after Lee Williamson had opened the scoring.

First part of the tweet went to Pune, anyway never mind the result who increased in value tonight?

I remember one game when Hanley was smashing good. It was away against Man UTd when The @#/? was in charge, he scored the winner and yakubu scored twice I believe. What I know yakubu is available on a free transfer....pair him with Hanley and maybe a change of fortune...

Results in pre-season friendlies are utterly meaningless.

Mind you so is making 9 subs. Makes a bit of a mockery of the game - more akin to a training ground kickaround at Brockhall.

We are a little over two weeks from the start of the season, hopefully it's the last time Bowyer will perform that trick. We need to hit the ground running, and aim for that 50 point mark as soon as possible then build from there if there is enough time left.

Rovers t'internet North Korean Style.

GB wanted everyone except Lowe to get 75 mins. Next game will probably see everyone get around 90 mins as we have two games

I think it was a good exercise. 1-1 in a preseason against a league one side has happenede before. I just counted this practice game until 75 mins the rest was the kids and they got some experience.

GB wanted everyone except Lowe to get 75 mins. Next game will probably see everyone get around 90 mins as we have two games

I think it was a good exercise. 1-1 in a preseason against a league one side has happenede before. I just counted this practice game until 75 mins the rest was the kids and they got some experience.

Spot on..

Any sham leaders there tonight? Shaw, Myers or Coar ?

Think there was a blurry pic floating around twitter supposedly of Shaw and Myres. Bet they were gutted to be dragged away from the telly tonight.

Any sham leaders there tonight? Shaw, Myers or Coar ?

Somebody tweeted a pic on twitter of Shelf and Everton at the game sat with Gaz in the stands, Silent Bob was apparently elsewhere giving a instructional semaphore display on getting gravy stains out of your FA tie :)

Spot on..

Yeah that makes sense on paper where ever you may be but what I've seen with my own eyes looks sketchy at best

A lot of odd tactics at times too tonight

What can you tell me about what went on behind closed doors because naturally I wash privvt to that

Basically this was just another fitness exercise. There had been a behind closed doors game this morning which involved a number of first team players who didn't travel to Rochdale and hence the youngish nature of the squad that went to Spotland. It will have done the youngsters no harm to be involved. It was Damien Johnson and John Filan who took over the team for the last 15 minutes when, what was largely the under-21 team with a few Under-18's took to the field. As for performances it was very difficult to judge with O'Sullivan and Marshall leading the attack and Williamson often getting forward as the attacking midfielder. Tomlinson, in particular, caught the eye amongst the youngsters. I expect Friday and Saturday to be a similar mix of youngsters and seniors.

Basically this was just another fitness exercise. There had been a behind closed doors game this morning which involved a number of first team players who didn't travel to Rochdale and hence the youngish nature of the squad that went to Spotland. It will have done the youngsters no harm to be involved. It was Damien Johnson and John Filan who took over the team for the last 15 minutes when, what was largely the under-21 team with a few Under-18's took to the field. As for performances it was very difficult to judge with O'Sullivan and Marshall leading the attack and Williamson often getting forward as the attacking midfielder. Tomlinson, in particular, caught the eye amongst the youngsters. I expect Friday and Saturday to be a similar mix of youngsters and seniors.

Any idea how the behind closed doors game went Parson?

Do agree with you that friendlies are fitness exercises and basically dead rubber. Would be nice to see us have a game towards the end of pre-season where it at least closely resembles how we will be setting up next season though. I do still believe we'll see the chopping and changing once the season is under way, but I don't care much for what goes on in friendly games. When the Championship kicks off is when it matters and Bowyer NEEDS to get his head around a settled team, even if that means dropping the likes of Hanley.

The defence were OK - I reckon in Hanley and Duffy we must have two of the biggest donkeys in the league but Tony Adams made a decent career out of it so not the end of the world. Cross it in, they will head it out. Run at them or play cute balls into them, then we are @#/?. As mentioned that is pretty much our first choice defence IF Hanley and Duffy can work something out between them. Maybe a few beers in Chorley would help? If not Killa will step back in.

Williamson had a decent game and was at the heart of everything good in midfield.

Passing both short and long was spot on, also a few surging runs forward and couple of decent shots including the goal.

Didn't do very well for their goal though but maybe worryingly he is our best option in the middle.

Lowe was anonymous and not in a 'you don't notice the good things he does way', he was just anonymous. if he can't impose himself on Rochdale's midfield then when is he going to?

Marshall was poor and struggled to get involved - at least 3 times he passed the ball to someone with such little pace that they didn't even realise the ball had been released!

Conway improved as the game went on and could have had a couple of goals from well hit efforts from the edge of the box. I like him a lot, he gets up and down and just keeps going doing simple things well.

O'Sullivan isn't a centre forward but tried. Saw a cracking effort come back off the post, was unlucky It thought with a lovely chest down and lob that drifted wide. Would he really be up front if R & G go and old glass knee is out?

I thought Mahoney really struggled and doesn't look anywhere near first team ready. Awful touch, no pace or strength, didn't want to use his right foot at all (yet played on the right - well done GB). Why has he been so built up? The expectation that he is going to walk into this side probably hasn't done him any favours. I literally didn't see anything in that 70 mins or so to make me think he could make it. Why was he given a cameo vs City in the cup? Just makes no sense to me. Back to the stiffs son.

The blonde young lad who came on in the middle showed some promise - knocked a few quality balls around and WANTED THE BALL BACK after passing it so made himself available. Take note Jason.

Bloke on the PA would only play bands from 'in the area' Manchester

Melons were twisted, ones were waited for etc.

Didn't try the pies or the chippy.

Area around the ground was surprisingly pleasant.

No-one tried to groom me but as usual I was looking exceptionally well groomed already

All in all decent evening out.

Oh and we lost.

Archived