BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Tonights Game

des

A week ago And they won last night and my colleague who went has just confirmed that they treated it as a proper game

As has a pne fan

Treated it as a proper game but opted out of playing both vokes and vossen, also making mass subs second half..

Have you forgotten that we beat Crewe 2-0 yesterday also..?

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Treated it as a proper game but opted out of playing both vokes and vossen, also making mass subs second half..

Have you forgotten that we beat Crewe 2-0 yesterday also..?

They're only friendlies, chill out a bit

I can't really comment on a game that's not designed to be seen by the paying fans

Your always going to be disappointed turning up for friendlies and expecting a genuine competitive games. That's why I never bother with them, England included.

They're only friendlies, chill out a bit

Exactly.

From what I saw last night there were a few positives to take from the game. Firstly I thought Adam Henley had an excellent game and looks to be improving every time I see him. Given a good run of games I think he could become e really good player. John o Sullivan looks promising some good runs, not afraid to shoot and comfortable on the ball. Sam Joel who came on late on made some great passes and was always available to receive the ball. On the flip side David rayas kicking was awful. Whilst a good shot stopper if he kicks like that in league games would cost us points. At times Duffy was taking the ball off him due to his kicking being so poor. Connor Mahoney had a bad game. For what ever reason it just didn't happen for him last night. The effort was there but his first touch let him down and seemed out of his depth. From last nights performance he's miles away from the first team. In his defence he is only a young lad and slating him for one bad game isn't going to help. I have watched him play numerous times for the u21s were he has been the best player on the pitch. Maybe a stint on loan to get some first team experience will do him good.

Haven't posted in 8 months and won't be continuing but thought I needed to address an issue

Mustard - you constantly saying Connor has a bad attitude ?? I'm presuming This is something you have witnessed yourself as Surley you wouldn't come on a public forum without the opinion yourself and just hear say . Many many people message me thanking him for the things he does but obviously he pisses one person off and they tell a million.

Nothing is mentioned of all the extra training he put in at a cost to himself over the 6 weeks break ( after last nights performance he should get a refund !! )

he is a Blackburn lad and wants nothing more than to play for Blackburn . This is the club he had supported all his life and up to signing had a season ticket .

What you have to understand is Connor is the only one from Blackburn so of virus's he is going to be criticised even more .there will be haters in Blackburn but more emphasis on Connor cos he's a Blackburn lad . There's a lot of lads in Blackburn that are jealous and I know this by the messages he gets and the abuse of lads he used to know but all part of the game .

Yes Connor was rubbish last night . No one knows that more than he does but at 18 he had a lot to learn and hopefully he will learn this . The slagging him off on here is not a problem we've come to expect that and after last nights performance he deserves some.

Regarding the going out . Isn't this ok as long as he hasn't got training ? Or should he stay in 24/7.

Are you his brother?

Right ? And ? Pottering about for three hours a day in the algarve, back at the weekend ? That was the time for messing about . Take a look at the oppositions reports and line ups from this weeks games involving teams around us . More often than not it's clear that they are now in the final stages of setting up for the season .

What I saw last night was disorganised , people experimenting then finally some sort of youth team favour.

Parson blue will try and dress it up as garys mate but his views are somewhat antiquated , he is stuck in the industrial revolution .

Who cares? Pretty sure Burnley will be strong this season and they just lost to Stanley. What is your take on that?

It means nothing and certainly not when we put out virtually two teams.

Who cares? Pretty sure Burnley will be strong this season and they just lost to Stanley. What is your take on that?

It means nothing and certainly not when we put out virtually two teams.

I just suppose ive not been filled with confidence thus far

Haven't posted in 8 months and won't be continuing but thought I needed to address an issue

Mustard - you constantly saying Connor has a bad attitude ?? I'm presuming This is something you have witnessed yourself as Surley you wouldn't come on a public forum without the opinion yourself and just hear say . Many many people message me thanking him for the things he does but obviously he pisses one person off and they tell a million.

Nothing is mentioned of all the extra training he put in at a cost to himself over the 6 weeks break ( after last nights performance he should get a refund !! )

he is a Blackburn lad and wants nothing more than to play for Blackburn . This is the club he had supported all his life and up to signing had a season ticket .

What you have to understand is Connor is the only one from Blackburn so of course he is going to be criticised even more .there will be haters in Blackburn but more emphasis on Connor cos he's a Blackburn lad . There's a lot of lads in Blackburn that are jealous and I know this by the messages he gets and the abuse of lads he used to know but all part of the game .

Yes Connor was rubbish last night . No one knows that more than he does but at 18 he had a lot to learn and hopefully he will learn this . The slagging him off on here is not a problem we've come to expect that and after last nights performance he deserves some.

Regarding the going out . Isn't this ok as long as he hasn't got training ? Or should he stay in 24/7.

On the going out note then yeah a night out now and again does no harm but at the end of the day they are young professional athletes and should behave as such. No idea what your lad gets up too and I'd imagine some things get blown out of proportion but there has seemed a tendency over the last few years for one or two to be caining it a bit much. No doubt a symptom of the lax leadership within the club.

Laying off the ale is something that should be drilled into them from a young age but in England it's just accepted as part of the job to go on the @#/? regularly, totally wrong.

As for the footy from what I've seen this lad needs another loan spell to find his feet again and build his confidence back up. Surely you should be pushing for that.

It also matters not one jot if the player is local if they are good enough. Look at Lowe. He's local and not good enough whereas Dunn was.

I'd say history suggest local lads are excused more and allowed more latitude.

On the going out note then yeah a night out now and again does no harm but at the end of the day they are young professional athletes and should behave as such. No idea what your lad gets up too and I'd imagine some things get blown out of proportion but there has seemed a tendency over the last few years for one or two to be caining it a bit much. No doubt a symptom of the lax leadership within the club.

Laying off the ale is something that should be drilled into them from a young age but in England it's just accepted as part of the job to go on the @#/? regularly, totally wrong.

As for the footy from what I've seen this lad needs another loan spell to find his feet again and build his confidence back up. Surely you should be pushing for that.

Too many probably see themselves as working class heroes. I think gazza's downfall owed much to an irresponsible upbringing and a stupid low life father.

I doubt anybody has. You cannot be surprised though surely? We are simply getting to a state that was predicted by some on here over 4 years ago.

Last night just came across as an utterly pointless fumble . Hard to see what it even had to do with fitness

I'm sure the vast majority (if often silent) hope only the best for Connor Mahoney, and if Roger says he's doing his best then I believe him. Hope that the vocal minority don't get him down. He's 18 I hope he just keeps on working hard and believing in himself.

Well said. We should be supporting a Blackburn lad who is desperate to play for his own team.

Probably worth noting if I was 18 and a professional working towards a £40,000 a week contract in the Premier League I would be staying in every weekend. Or at best going out and drinking soft drinks.

I'd also be prepared for people to judge and critise me once I got an opportunity and didn't perform - after all people are paying to be entertained and therefore have an opinion.

Football is a blown out world where if you use the limelight well you'll make a hell of a lot of money very quickly - if you buckle underneath it you'll never achieve.

What you have to understand is Connor is the only one from Blackburn so of course he is going to be criticised even more .there will be haters in Blackburn but more emphasis on Connor cos he's a Blackburn lad . There's a lot of lads in Blackburn that are jealous and I know this by the messages he gets and the abuse of lads he used to know but all part of the game .

I mean no offence by it Rogerabi. If the stuff I'd heard was in regards to any other player (who may or may not have a relative on the MB) I would be just as inclined to post it. As fans, we want to hear how the youth are progressing and when negative information surfaces, I feel there is no problem in sharing it. In fact, I'd rather post it on here and you tell me it isn't true, than for me and others to simply believe it as gospel.

What I've shared is just what I've heard from a few sources who happen to know him and his friends (and former friends from before he made his big move). Not questioning his commitment towards Rovers, but there are plenty who make the move to a big club and don't progress as they should, which is of course worrying at an age where development should be at it's quickest. Not implying anything, but the reviews from those who watch the u21s have been inconsistent at best.

Of course he's welcome to go out, however, if I was lucky enough to have the skill to be a professional footballer, I wouldn't be boozing every week. Especially if it looked as if it might be stifling my development. These are young, professional athletes with promising and lucrative careers in front of them. Drinking and partying late does not help. Not saying this is a problem with Connor per se. It's likely an issue with plenty of young footballers. I've even raised the same issue about Chris Taylor and Ben Marshall who are often pictured on social media boozing, and plenty have seen Hanley. Fact is, it's all well and good enjoying 'the life' but it certainly doesn't help when it comes to form. I'm sure there is plenty of accessible scientific data to suggest that boozing/partying more than once a month is unhealthy.

EDIT: also Rogerabi, I have only posted twice RE what I've heard. I wouldn't say I have 'constantly' mentioned it. Once again, sorry if it has caused offence but I doubt that people make comments on his attitude etc based on jealousy or 'being haters'. Perhaps it's the case but I'm hesitant in believing such. I've also heard from a good few people that O'Sullivan and Lenihan happen to be lovely and very humble chaps.

Good luck to Connor, I of course what to see him succeed, as do all Rovers fans. Just don't be offended when negative information is shared on these boards. If I'd heard something good I'd be just as swift to post it.

Mustard . Thanks for the reply much appreciated .

We expect fans to react etc when he plays bad and that isn't a problem I can assure you from other people who message me that he is a decent lad . Yes he does go out with a few first team players but that's defiantly not all the time .

please though base your pinion of Connor once you have met him . If he had s bad attitude rest assured even at 18 I will knock his head off , he had been brought up in a very nice family and I expect certain things from him and respect and a good attitude are deffo one

I do thank you for you response . I won't be posting again and will be removing my comments later so I don't get any horrible messages again but as you can understand I just wanted to set the record straight

Ps he is more gutted about his performance last night than anyone will know . Rovers are and always have been his team

Mustard . Thanks for the reply much appreciated .

We expect fans to react etc when he plays bad and that isn't a problem I can assure you from other people who message me that he is a decent lad . Yes he does go out with a few first team players but that's defiantly not all the time .

please though base your pinion of Connor once you have met him . If he had s bad attitude rest assured even at 18 I will knock his head off , he had been brought up in a very nice family and I expect certain things from him and respect and a good attitude are deffo one

I do thank you for you response . I won't be posting again and will be removing my comments later so I don't get any horrible messages again but as you can understand I just wanted to set the record straight

Ps he is more gutted about his performance last night than anyone will know . Rovers are and always have been his team

Great post and really nice to hear an insight from you. I would encourage you to keep posting as its a nice insight to hear regarding an up coming player for the majority of sensible people who enjoy this forum

Connor getting slated last night for one bad game is wrong but is the norm for this country and the way we build up and knock down players. I remember raheem sterling getting slated on Liverpool forums when he played his first pre season games for Liverpool afew years ago. Now he's getting transferred for £50 mil. Whilst I'm not suggesting that will happen to Connor I think it's important we remember that at 18 years old he has a lot of time to improve and should not be dismissed on here.

Too many probably see themselves as working class heroes. I think gazza's downfall owed much to an irresponsible upbringing and a stupid low life father.

I felt that the real contributory factor in Gascoigne's downfall was not signing for Ferguson but opting for Spurs and Venables. I'm convinced Ferguson would have brought him in line the moment he erred but cheeky cockney boy seemed to think his antics were funny. There is the story from the ill fated Cup Final against Forest when Gascoigne did his ACL. The story goes that he was climbing the walls and even tried knocking the Busby's off the Guards heads pre match. Ferguson would have calmed him down but Venables apparently thought it was funny. The rest of the story is history and probably robbed England of potentially its finest player.

Archived