BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Tonights Game

des

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

just thinking is anyone going tonight read that is a mix of first team and younger players

I would have gone with a few Darreners if only to wear my new shirt, but on my way to Venice until Friday, i will be on wifi though for the reports.

• Backroom

@OneRovers: Rovers team for tonight's game vs. Rochdale: Raya, Henley, Hanley, Duffy, Olsson, Mahoney, Williamson, Lowe, Conway, Marshall, O'Sullivan.

@OneRovers: Rovers subs: Fisher, Tomlinson, Carson, Thomson, Preston, Cham, Wall.

@OneRovers: Rovers without strikers Jordan Rhodes (ankle) & Chris Brown (knee) through injury. Rudy Gestede played in a friendly vs Crewe earlier today.

Pretty boring line up. Will be nice to have another look at O'Sullivan and Mahoney though, plus the youngsters who come off the bench.

Do we know if there is a behind closed doors game happening for those not in the squad tonight? There must be.

Edit: Yes, there was. Against Crewe. Gestede scored twice. No Furman or Coke in either game though?

@OneRovers: Rovers team for tonight's game vs. Rochdale: Raya, Henley, Hanley, Duffy, Olsson, Mahoney, Williamson, Lowe, Conway, Marshall, O'Sullivan.

@OneRovers: Rovers subs: Fisher, Tomlinson, Carson, Thomson, Preston, Cham, Wall.

@OneRovers: Rovers without strikers Jordan Rhodes (ankle) & Chris Brown (knee) through injury. Rudy Gestede played in a friendly vs Crewe earlier today.

Where are the strikers ? ???

Why not try a youngster up top.

Where are the strikers ? ???

In the chippie.

Seriously when I went to watch Chesterfield at Rochdale the whole of the Rochdale reserve team were in the queue (in tracksuits) with the Chesterfield fans buying, fish, chips, pies and battered sausage.

I wonder if our new frenchies have heard of battered sausage or mushy peas?

Furman has moved on according to some on Facebook , shame if true, which I think it is as he's not starting tonight or in the behind the door friendly you mentioned...He would of been a nice addition

Have to judge Bowyer's judgement I guess. He probably thinks the French guy has more potential for development and sell-on value than Furman.

In the chippie.

Seriously when I went to watch Chesterfield at Rochdale the whole of the Rochdale reserve team were in the queue (in tracksuits) with the Chesterfield fans buying, fish, chips, pies and battered sausage.

I wonder if our new frenchies have heard of battered sausage or mushy peas?

That reminds me of the Rovers' first team of the 70s.

More often than not the pie shop though, chippy on a Friday.

Have to judge Bowyer's judgement I guess. He probably thinks the French guy has more potential for development and sell-on value than Furman.

Lol laughable

I think it has everything to do with wages.

Which of true, means we won't sign Kim because Furman is on low wages. Well at least lower than Kim. Unless Kim is happy with 10k a week and Furman not, which I'll be very surprised about

Am I correct in thinking that if a youth player plays 4 games they take up a place in the squad? No point even trying the youth out if that is the case.

I think once they've made 5 first team appearances (I assume it's competitive ones) they become an established player. Unsure if friendlies count.

Isn't there a rule about players under a certain age as well?

Can't imagine Furman being on big wages either. A player on trial is going to command a very small salary. The key thing for GB is the sell-on factor. Furman has got no sell-on potential, but this guy might, you never know.

Have to agree. I wonder if Bowyer's comments last week about wanting players to join Rovers for the right reasons was aimed at Furman. Shame, but it's where we are thanks to the Football League's application of FUP.

We are absolutely doing the right things and QPR are absolutely doing the wrong things but who is under embargo?

A screamer from Williamson, who says we need to strengthen in centre mid? Hahaha LEEEEE @OneRovers: 19mins: Williamson robbed a Rochdale player of the ball in his own half, advanced towards the edge of the box and powered home a fine shot.

Archived