BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Tonights Game

des

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The defence were OK - I reckon in Hanley and Duffy we must have two of the biggest donkeys in the league but Tony Adams made a decent career out of it so not the end of the world. Cross it in, they will head it out. Run at them or play cute balls into them, then we are @#/?. As mentioned that is pretty much our first choice defence IF Hanley and Duffy can work something out between them. Maybe a few beers in Chorley would help? If not Killa will step back in.

Williamson had a decent game and was at the heart of everything good in midfield.

Passing both short and long was spot on, also a few surging runs forward and couple of decent shots including the goal.

Didn't do very well for their goal though but maybe worryingly he is our best option in the middle.

Lowe was anonymous and not in a 'you don't notice the good things he does way', he was just anonymous. if he can't impose himself on Rochdale's midfield then when is he going to?

Marshall was poor and struggled to get involved - at least 3 times he passed the ball to someone with such little pace that they didn't even realise the ball had been released!

Conway improved as the game went on and could have had a couple of goals from well hit efforts from the edge of the box. I like him a lot, he gets up and down and just keeps going doing simple things well.

O'Sullivan isn't a centre forward but tried. Saw a cracking effort come back off the post, was unlucky It thought with a lovely chest down and lob that drifted wide. Would he really be up front if R & G go and old glass knee is out?

I thought Mahoney really struggled and doesn't look anywhere near first team ready. Awful touch, no pace or strength, didn't want to use his right foot at all (yet played on the right - well done GB). Why has he been so built up? The expectation that he is going to walk into this side probably hasn't done him any favours. I literally didn't see anything in that 70 mins or so to make me think he could make it. Why was he given a cameo vs City in the cup? Just makes no sense to me. Back to the stiffs son.

The blonde young lad who came on in the middle showed some promise - knocked a few quality balls around and WANTED THE BALL BACK after passing it so made himself available. Take note Jason.

Bloke on the PA would only play bands from 'in the area' Manchester

Melons were twisted, ones were waited for etc.

Didn't try the pies or the chippy.

Area around the ground was surprisingly pleasant.

No-one tried to groom me but as usual I was looking exceptionally well groomed already

All in all decent evening out.

Oh and we lost.

Thanks for the informative post! Sounds like a lot of the lads were off the pace. Perhaps some of them feel they have nothing to prove and so don't even put the effort in, which is a shame.

Heard bad things about Mahoney incl a poor attitude and too much going out. Perhaps it's showing in how far away he is from being up to first team standard. Think he needs shipping off on loan to the lower leagues and told he needs to prove himself.

Thanks for the informative post! Sounds like a lot of the lads were off the pace. Perhaps some of them feel they have nothing to prove and so don't even put the effort in, which is a shame.

Heard bad things about Mahoney incl a poor attitude and too much going out. Perhaps it's showing in how far away he is from being up to first team standard. Think he needs shipping off on loan to the lower leagues and told he needs to prove himself.

Should loan mahony back to accy..

Mahoney is another saviour as far as the online supporters go. I've seen him a few times at Brockhall and don't rate him.

Williamson's goal as described on here:

A screamer from Williamson, who says we need to strengthen in centre mid? Hahaha LEEEEE @OneRovers: 19mins: Williamson robbed a Rochdale player of the ball in his own half, advanced towards the edge of the box and powered home a fine shot.

Williamson's actual goal:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/702046296583427/permalink/845801008874621/

Long live hyperbole!

(Other than that the goals conceded looked very poor).

The blonde lad who came one was the best of the youth , probably because he came on to fit into a team that had been on the go for 45 mins

Bringing another 9 on all at once is plain daft , like starting all over

I hope rayas kicking policy was experimental. While it's good to sometimes look for passes or drop straight flat kicks , doing it all the time is an invitation of pressure

Right ? And ? Pottering about for three hours a day in the algarve, back at the weekend ? That was the time for messing about . Take a look at the oppositions reports and line ups from this weeks games involving teams around us . More often than not it's clear that they are now in the final stages of setting up for the season .

What I saw last night was disorganised , people experimenting then finally some sort of youth team favour.

Parson blue will try and dress it up as garys mate but his views are somewhat antiquated , he is stuck in the industrial revolution .

Right ? And ? Pottering about for three hours a day in the algarve, back at the weekend ? That was the time for messing about . Take a look at the oppositions reports and line ups from this weeks games involving teams around us . More often than not it's clear that they are now in the final stages of setting up for the season .

What I saw last night was disorganised , people experimenting then finally some sort of youth team favour.

Parson blue will try and dress it up as garys mate but his views are somewhat antiquated , he is stuck in the industrial revolution .

It's 3 weeks til the season kicks off, not 3 days..

• Backroom

More negativity towards Lowe.. 😑

Maybe you should have gone to the game then you would know if that comment was accurate or not, as it stands I'll accept the opinion of the people that were there.

Now pack it in with this reverse trolling thing you have going on

Haven't posted in 8 months and won't be continuing but thought I needed to address an issue

Mustard - you constantly saying Connor has a bad attitude ?? I'm presuming This is something you have witnessed yourself as Surley you wouldn't come on a public forum without the opinion yourself and just hear say . Many many people message me thanking him for the things he does but obviously he pisses one person off and they tell a million.

Nothing is mentioned of all the extra training he put in at a cost to himself over the 6 weeks break ( after last nights performance he should get a refund !! )

he is a Blackburn lad and wants nothing more than to play for Blackburn . This is the club he had supported all his life and up to signing had a season ticket .

What you have to understand is Connor is the only one from Blackburn so of course he is going to be criticised even more .there will be haters in Blackburn but more emphasis on Connor cos he's a Blackburn lad . There's a lot of lads in Blackburn that are jealous and I know this by the messages he gets and the abuse of lads he used to know but all part of the game .

Yes Connor was rubbish last night . No one knows that more than he does but at 18 he had a lot to learn and hopefully he will learn this . The slagging him off on here is not a problem we've come to expect that and after last nights performance he deserves some.

Regarding the going out . Isn't this ok as long as he hasn't got training ? Or should he stay in 24/7.

Spirited and impressive defence.

Just to put your post into some kind of perspective, are you a completely impartial observer or a relative of his?

It's significantly closer to 2 and time to get our act together

Burnley lost 4-2 to accy Stanley, they must be bricking it..

Maybe you should have gone to the game then you would know if that comment was accurate or not, as it stands I'll accept the opinion of the people that were there.

Now pack it in with this reverse trolling thing you have going on

Lowe and Hanley get picked on no matter how they do, are you as a mod backing this up..?

Burnley lost 4-2 to accy Stanley, they must be bricking it..

Lowe and Hanley get picked on no matter how they do, are you as a mod backing this up..?

A week ago And they won last night and my colleague who went has just confirmed that they treated it as a proper game

As has a pne fan

• Backroom

Spirited and impressive defence.

Just to put your post into some kind of perspective, are you a completely impartial observer or a relative of his?

It's Connors father.

Archived