BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Eu Referendum, In Or Out - Looks Like Blackburn Wants Out !

How will you vote on June 23rd  

78 members have voted

1. 1. Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the European Union or Leave the European Union?

• Remain a member of the European Union
    • Leave the European Union

Call it the Murdoch index or the Daily Mail barometer, but whatever issue the Sun, Times, Mail, Express and Telegraph is either for against, the intelligent response is to take a contrarian view.

The conclusion is clear: Britain should Remain in the EU.

You get the feeling that we are taking our bat and ball home because we can't cope with the Europeans especially Germany on the economy.

What are we 1.5 trillion in debt with an ever growing deficit budget.

With a shrinking army, a reduced police force......

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It amuses me when I hear that EU states might erect barriers to British trade if we leave.

Has anyone ever tried building things in Italy? It's a bureaucratic nightmare, unless of course you and all of your suppliers are on the register of approved manufacturers in Rome, then it's a breeze. You will also need to employ 3 engineers for the scheme (1 to design it, 1 to check it on site and 1 to check the work of the other 2) who must all be registered with the local Italian board of engineers.

Oh and you can't design it using Eurocodes. You have to use the special Italian version of the codes that are far more restrictive than the codes everyone else uses.

Feck knows Yoda! Best just to google it, I've seen some fairly impartial articles/information with the benefits/pitfalls etc. I always try to be balanced and accept that there are two sides of every story, everyone thinks differently about different things etc. (Granted I'm not always the best at practicing what I preach)....

If people see factual information or pretty balanced opinion pieces, maybe they could post it on here?

(None of the tabloid biased stuff.)

It amuses me when I hear that EU states might erect barriers to British trade if we leave.

Has anyone ever tried building things in Italy? It's a bureaucratic nightmare, unless of course you and all of your suppliers are on the register of approved manufacturers in Rome, then it's a breeze. You will also need to employ 3 engineers for the scheme (1 to design it, 1 to check it on site and 1 to check the work of the other 2) who must all be registered with the local Italian board of engineers.

Oh and you can't design it using Eurocodes. You have to use the special Italian version of the codes that are far more restrictive than the codes everyone else uses.

Same people probably approved that tower in Pisa

In my job as an electrician we've had lots of changes brought in by the EU including the colour changes of cables. Then when you go abroad to other member states and see their wiring you realise that they don't adhere to EU rules.

Part P, taking the P!ss

Our business has just had some legislation bestowed on it from the EU machine (even though it was strongly opposed by all the technical committees) so we'll have to suck it up when it is enforced in 6 months. Reading the initial document it states that all businesses in countries within the EU will have to comply apart from Germany. No reasons why they just don't have to.

Our business has just had some legislation bestowed on it from the EU machine (even though it was strongly opposed by all the technical committees) so we'll have to suck it up when it is enforced in 6 months. Reading the initial document it states that all businesses in countries within the EU will have to comply apart from Germany. No reasons why they just don't have to.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/industry/11989054/James-Dyson-loses-EU-battle-over-vacuum-cleaners.html

As Dyson says the undemocratic EU bows to a German system of regulation.

• Backroom

This is one good reason to get out of the EU. One rule for Germany and another for the rest of us lesser countries.

I'm sure I've said 'Fourth Reich' before...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-35706238

"New figures suggest last year's total of one million seaborne migrants arriving in Europe could be matched well before the end of the year."

Why oh why am I not surprised. Banged on since the start of this whole thing that the numbers will forever increase regardless of what's going on in the middle east. Its economic migration and its driven by accessibility and encouragement. The smuggling operation is getting bigger by the year and migrants ability to pay the fare is getting better by the year. All they needed to set off the migration explosion was sufficient encouragement from European liberals. Well plenty of short-sighted nitwits held up signs, Merkel laid out the welcome mat and every European country is now faced with a long-term, if not permanent, and ever growing problem.

Get out while we can.

We're taking about 20,000 refugees over 4 or 5 years; Germany has taken 1 million plus in 12 months. For migrant-phobic Brexiteers, it seems to me the EU is working very well for them.

We're taking about 20,000 refugees over 4 or 5 years; Germany has taken 1 million plus in 12 months. For migrant-phobic Brexiteers, it seems to me the EU is working very well for them.

Not being in the Schengen zone is working well for us you mean

So it's part of our agreement with the EU - which is what I said in the first place.

It's an opt out of an EU regulation, you accuse others of being thick and yet ......................

Britain's opt-out of Schengen is part of the terms and conditions of our EU deal. It allows us to control our borders and makes a nonsense over claims by Brexiteers that we are vulnerable to a never ending influx of migrants (however desirable that may be).

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/visa-free-access-to-eu-schengen-area

You also need to read this.

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/sep/22/eu-borders-eurosceptics-britain-refugee-crisis-europe

Britain's opt-out of Schengen is part of the terms and conditions of our EU deal. It allows us to control our borders and makes a nonsense over claims by Brexiteers that we are vulnerable to a never ending influx of migrants (however desirable that may be).

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/visa-free-access-to-eu-schengen-area

You also need to read this.

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/sep/22/eu-borders-eurosceptics-britain-refugee-crisis-europe

You have been panning Cameron for not controlling immigration !!!!!!!!

Which is it Jim ?

Strange Jim that you continually reference the Grauniad as factually correct, and rubbish the right wing press as talking nonsense ? All popular publications with facts and also glaring inaccuracies.

So we've moved off 'Gideon' and onto 'Brexiteers' to be peppered over your posts ?

As for so called 'refugees' 'fleeing terror and persecution' whose only goal seems to get to Britain, (crossing many perfectly safe countries to get to Calais ? Laughable). It's about time we applauded the French for clearing the jungle, and ask their permission to site a machine gun tower next to the tunnel entrance.

:lol:

I am sure you can do better than that Jim

I'm asking you to prove your statement

Strange Jim that you continually reference the Grauniad as factually correct, and rubbish the right wing press as talking nonsense ? All popular publications with facts and also glaring inaccuracies.

So we've moved off 'Gideon' and onto 'Brexiteers' to be peppered over your posts ?

As for so called 'refugees' 'fleeing terror and persecution' whose only goal seems to get to Britain, (crossing many perfectly safe countries to get to Calais ? Laughable). It's about time we applauded the French for clearing the jungle, and ask their permission to site a machine gun tower next to the tunnel entrance.

The Guardian article is an analysis and opinion piece - you don't have to agree with it. But the facts on Schengen are clear.

I thought that a resident of Germany could not be denied entry to the UK?

So a migrant can establish residency in Germany, then go anywhere in the EU?

I thought that a resident of Germany could not be denied entry to the UK?

So a migrant can establish residency in Germany, then go anywhere in the EU?

A fully entitled resident of Germany does have that right.

To establish residency and be entitled to travel anywhere within the Schengen zone takes a number of years, to travel to the UK would require a visa application prior to being classed as habitually resident with "indefinite leave to remain" in the country of residency.

Archived