BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Alan Irvine Departs

J*B

I agree with whoever posted on the Sandy Stewart thread that Coyle does seem to go OTT on some of the things he's said in his interview about Irvine's departure.

Of course, that could be because he knows there have been rumblings amongst the fanbase (e.g. emails from the likes of arbitro and myself to the CEO questioning his suitability to be manager and the recruitment process), conspiracy theories about his SEM link etc he is being ultra defensive.

Unless I'm misreading it (and I did only skim it so I'm happy to be corrected on this) is he saying that Irvine already had the Norwich job before they came back for pre season training, and Coyle was already aware of this, but Alan wanted to tell him to his face?

Just another piece of info I was told this morning about Sandy Stewart. Apparently he was delivering a coaches course at Largs during the first few days of Rovers pre season so couldn't have joined up with Coyle even if he wanted to. Make of that what you will. I have a theory but I'm keeping it to myself lest I get eaten alive by the MB predators.....

...actually what the hell. It looks to me like the Scottish boys (Coyle, Irvine, Stewart and Alex Neil) have all mutually arranged this in advance - Irvine moves to Norwich to fill a gap thanks to the Old Boys Network (Glasgow Branch), Stewart takes his place at Rovers, with a gentleman's agreement that Irvine comes in and helps at Brockhall until Stewart has finished his SFA duties. Everyone's a winner.

So if I'm right (and I am only speculating) it is more about the way the football family works than anything conspiratorial specifically relating to Rovers.

Who cares? In that dreamy theory sounds like they all got what they individually wanted.

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Certainly is in mine.

I can't see a problem with it, maybe i've misinterpreted Olds post.

The point of the post was to point out that what has seemingly gone on is just normal football industry manoeuvring rather than a conspiracy. I don't think we are disagreeing.

Its very simple really, there are only two scenarios.

I know you mean in your opinion so to add to your two;

Coyle wanted his own staff.

Irvine waited till he had a job.

That's literally it. Spare all the scaremongering, I honestly think this has been overthought to death. Pre season innit....

The thread is about Alan Irvine but that isn't the real issue.

The issue is that Coyle should not have been our manager and a flimsy case has been put together to shoehorn him in.

People have begun to accept that we have no money - dispite having allegedly immensely wealthy owners. People have begun to accept that FFP is preventing the owners putting money in - yet other clubs' wealthy owners are finding a way. People are beginning to accept that our low gates mean that we have lower income - but the club seem to be going out of their way (still) to alienate the fans.

In the context of us being poor, we apparently had to look for a manager who could work with the existing staff and have experience at developing and bringing through youngsters.

Coyle was neither of these and has since gone about proving it. Therefore he did not fit the criteria and should not have been selected. So the club lied and the spectre of SEM remains. But all that people are focussing is, again, explaining away yet more symptoms of the poor communication and apparent deceit of the club over its fans as 'part and parcel' - projecting normal club issues onto the shell that used to be Blackburn Rovers.

Let's see how the quiet fans react when it comes to season tickets. Last season was pitiful (again) and there is likely to be a further contingency who get fed up and offer a silent protest once more by staying away. Just the @#/? take of bringing in a @crap dingle manager" will be enough for many to believe that we are being taken for a ride.

Gordon Lee, Damian Duff....Nigel Farage.....

all could be considered normal in the context of things - Ewood ( at present) scenario is not, as per comments made previously

The point of the post was to point out that what has seemingly gone on is just normal football industry manoeuvring rather than a conspiracy. I don't think we are disagreeing.

Don't think anybody disagrees with this - its moreso to do with what Stu has posted below

I know you mean in your opinion so to add to your two;

Coyle wanted his own staff.

Irvine waited till he had a job.

That's literally it. Spare all the scaremongering, I honestly think this has been overthought to death. Pre season innit....

You are possibly correct JB - but the comments from OC did not back this up .. only OJ comments about Stewart since shed any further light but still doesn't dismiss the apparent lies from the club as per below and only gives rise for people to disbelieve anything the club spouts given the incessant continuation of the 'timing' and co-incidental' happenings that have gone on /and continue

The issue is that Coyle should not have been our manager and a flimsy case has been put together to shoehorn him in.

People have begun to accept that we have no money - dispite having allegedly immensely wealthy owners. People have begun to accept that FFP is preventing the owners putting money in - yet other clubs' wealthy owners are finding a way. People are beginning to accept that our low gates mean that we have lower income - but the club seem to be going out of their way (still) to alienate the fans.

In the context of us being poor, we apparently had to look for a manager who could work with the existing staff and have experience at developing and bringing through youngsters.

Coyle was neither of these and has since gone about proving it. Therefore he did not fit the criteria and should not have been selected. So the club lied and the spectre of SEM remains. But all that people are focussing is, again, explaining away yet more symptoms of the poor communication and apparent deceit of the club over its fans as 'part and parcel' - projecting normal club issues onto the shell that used to be Blackburn Rovers.

Let's see how the quiet fans react when it comes to season tickets. Last season was pitiful (again) and there is likely to be a further contingency who get fed up and offer a silent protest once more by staying away. Just the @#/? take of bringing in a @crap dingle manager" will be enough for many to believe that we are being taken for a ride.

Spot on, and my big fear. You only lie to hide something.

Wouldn't rule out Irvine wanting to jump ship though tbh as we are a shambles.

The bit I've highlighted though really gets me - IF it is all part and parcel, and I agree it probably is to want your own backroom chaps in, why the need to lie about it? That should set alarm bells ringing.

Even through benefit of the doubt logic, alarm bells should be ringing. This isn't Mother Teresa we're talking about here - we're looking at a bunch of no marks who've made crap decision after crap decision, dodgy decision after dodgy decision, and some want to still give them the benefit of the doubt and say things are normal? To me it defies logic.

Don't get me wrong, still go if you want. The pull of seeing and bonding with family will probably drag me back a few times next season, despite my disgust. But let's not pretend we're a normal club or what they are doing is normal and fine.

Archived