BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Nyambe is a decent young player. The only one making themselves feel better are those who are slating him. 

Is he ferk as like have you ever played football ?

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom
Just now, tomphil said:

Yes up until Rhodes signed they were over 10 million up on sales v incomings at that point i think. It was pointed out when Singh was on that interview panel thing on telly which had him back peddaling somewhat.

Thing is then though Kean, the agent and agencies were blatantly running the club under everyone's noses and a bit of money did drip back in because they had licence to wheel and deal as it was in their best interests. As we know though they were stitching it all up in the contracts and agent fees christ knows how much Dann actually cost the club in that respect.

Another snippet from that deal is he got a pay cut on relegation but Kean found away around it by appointing him captain and therefore entitling him to an immediate pay rise again !!!!!!  No doubt at all who's player Dann really was i don't think.

Burn in hell coco :angry:

It's little wonder certain players were so loyal to him. The likes of Dann, Orr, Murphy, Dunn (sorry but it's true), and a few others were very well looked after by wee Stevie. 

Just now, tomphil said:

Yes up until Rhodes signed they were over 10 million up on sales v incomings at that point i think. It was pointed out when Singh was on that interview panel thing on telly which had him back peddaling somewhat.

Thing is then though Kean, the agent and agencies were blatantly running the club under everyone's noses and a bit of money did drip back in because they had licence to wheel and deal as it was in their best interests. As we know though they were stitching it all up in the contracts and agent fees christ knows how much Dann actually cost the club in that respect.

Another snippet from that deal is he got a pay cut on relegation but Kean found away around it by appointing him captain and therefore entitling him to an immediate pay rise again !!!!!!  No doubt at all who's player Dann really was i don't think.

Burn in hell coco :angry:

Dann is a great defender. I had no problem with him being made captain. 

This board is turning into a place of irrational negativity 

This bard is turning into a place of irrational negativity 

Dann is a shyte defender ffs that's why's he always at the bottom end of any league team.

This bard is turning into a place of irrational negativity 

If only the Bard was available for comment and to grace the slimy shores of this message board.

It is Critical Pragmatism, not irrational negativity. And anyway, as the Rovers Fans often spout, we are all entitled to our opinions ;)

Venkys Out. Backward stawt!

51 minutes ago, Dunnfc said:

/-----------------

Scapegoat? Your just repeating what Doug said before and as I said then, he's not becoming one at all, he's just not very good, crap, rubbish, dross, awful pick any adjective but he's not a scapegoat, he's not boo'd or anything. He actually comes across a nice lad on the few videos I've seen, he's just not a very good footballer. U-23's well as Gumboots has already echoed, it's junior football and certainly not akin to playing at a cold Christie park on a Tuesday against some brutes so it's difficult to take it to resounding as a basis of much success ready for the first team.

The same Elliott Ward whom has made over 270 professional appearances at centre half for Bournemouth (25 apps) Nottm Forest (31 apps) Norwich (51 apps) Coventry (116 apps) amongst others all in 4-4-2 formations? Same Ward Lammy brought in and stuck in a 4-5-1 next to Hanley mainly?

Youth is not the way forward... We are not producing ANY quality bar Raya whom seems to have come from Cornella AD anyways and it appears quantity matters over anything else, they are fine as a squad filler for the cup games but this is a mans league even more so than the Championship and putting youngsters in whom have never played professionally like Willem and Travis etc is a real danger and akin to lambs at the slaughter.

I suggested you listened to Mowbray's interview about Ward and playing in 3 man defence instead of trying to think you are better than everybody else. Also Lambert didn't play 4-5-1 from the start of a formation. He play 4-4-1-1 or 4-1-2-1-2 or 3-5-2 formation whilst here. I think Tomlinson and Wharton will be playing here this coming season

20 minutes ago, Dunnfc said:

So Doug we just sit and accept it? I'm a Rangers fan too and no way when we went down to the third did we just "accept" it.

Rangers fan? supporting 2 teams now?

22 minutes ago, JAL said:

Having watched Nyambe over that past three years and knowing his agent I'd say I'm more than qualified to talk about Nyambe and his capabilities.

Imo his agent will probably be actively seeking improved terms for Ryan on almost a half yearly to yearly basis and what with awards like young player of the year award coupled with a few positive comments in the papers, radio, Internet messageboards and video clips this will all add up to backing up his clients future earning potential and then ..........it will all be about ...WHO..... is prepared to pay his agent the most for his clients services at that moment in time.

Ive seen Nyambe a lot over the past 3 years so have other Rovers fans so its make you no more qualified than anyone else.

Nyambe last signed a new deal back in Summer 2015. And Yes I would give him a new 3 year contract. deserved it

18 minutes ago, Pedro said:

I certainly don't but then again, I could see at the time the great work that players like Mark Atkins did for Rovers. Now, with hindsight, many pretend they did.

Regarding Nyambe, it's a disgrace that someone fresh and promising from the youth set up has been promoted to chief whipping boy already. It feels as though some fans are desperate for our own to fail. Very sad.

Its just seems like the new scapegoat has been found already. Took less than a week.

Yes I 100% that some fans want our own youth players to fail so they can turn around and said told you so

Just now, JAL said:

Well open your eyes and stop winding us up !

I suggest you get back to the agent work instead of winding us up on here. It is a slow month for your agency?

1 hour ago, Dunnfc said:

The same Elliott Ward whom has made over 270 professional appearances at centre half for Bournemouth (25 apps) Nottm Forest (31 apps) Norwich (51 apps) Coventry (116 apps) amongst others all in 4-4-2 formations? Same Ward Lammy brought in and stuck in a 4-5-1 next to Hanley mainly?

Mowbray on the switch to 3 man defence with Ward in it

http://www.rovers.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/elliott-ward-tony-mowbray-3678387.aspx

If you think you know than Mowbray that is fine considering his football experience and actually being a centre half by trade himself. I know who side I'm on and it aint yours

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Mowbray on the switch to 3 man defence with Ward in it

http://www.rovers.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/elliott-ward-tony-mowbray-3678387.aspx

If you think you know than Mowbray that is fine considering his football experience and actually being a centre half by trade himself. I know who side I'm on and it aint yours

Thanks so as I was alluding to earlier about nyambe and being poor positionally dragging cbs out of position,Mowbray actually confirms similar 

image.png

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

I suggested you listened to Mowbray's interview about Ward and playing in 3 man defence instead of trying to think you are better than everybody else. Also Lambert didn't play 4-5-1 from the start of a formation. He play 4-4-1-1 or 4-1-2-1-2 or 3-5-2 formation whilst here. I think Tomlinson and Wharton will be playing here this coming season

Rangers fan? supporting 2 teams now?

Ive seen Nyambe a lot over the past 3 years so have other Rovers fans so its make you no more qualified than anyone else.

Nyambe last signed a new deal back in Summer 2015. And Yes I would give him a new 3 year contract. deserved it

Its just seems like the new scapegoat has been found already. Took less than a week.

Yes I 100% that some fans want our own youth players to fail so they can turn around and said told you so

I suggest you get back to the agent work instead of winding us up on here. It is a slow month for your agency?

Lammy played 4-5-1 dress it up as 4-4-1-1 its still a midfield of 5! More importantly 4 at the back, I don't recall him ever playing 3 cbs.

Rangers was my first game as a kid around age of 6. I'm Scottish after being brought up in Fife and Glasgow when younger. Not many Rovers fans about up there.

Scapegoat - Behave allot of people have rubbished that Chaddy, your just repeating what Doug initialised.

10 minutes ago, Dunnfc said:

Thanks so as I was alluding to earlier about nyambe and being poor positionally dragging cbs out of position,Mowbray actually confirms similar 

image.png

Ward lack of pace would be why he would struggle wide but Mowbray was happy with back 2 of Lenihan and Mulgrew. But yet again just carry on the witch hunt against Nyambe. He is today scapegoat.

Just now, Dunnfc said:

Lammy played 4-5-1 dress it up as 4-4-1-1 its still a midfield of 5! More importantly 4 at the back, I don't recall him ever playing 3 cbs.

Rangers was my first game as a kid around age of 6. I'm Scottish after being brought up in Fife and Glasgow when younger. Not many Rovers fans about up there.

Scapegoat - Behave allot of people have rubbished that Chaddy, your just repeating what Doug initialised.

Lambert played 3 at the back in his last 2 games of his reign. against Rotherham away and Reading at home

1 hour ago, Dunnfc said:

No hatred, who mentioned Russia ffs? Ewood Safety blanket zone, where pink fluffy rabbits at Brockhall run across and never an ounce of critique allowed just getting behind the boys making no noise. Henley suffered the same surely you can agree with that? Got too comfortable and never toughened up with the ruff and tumble and allowed to make mistakes under no pressure. He's happy here because who wouldn't be it's not really a testing place. Henley has twice the ability of this kid from the off and I was sad to see him released even though it's the right decision because he should have been a star.

I've 17 yr old apprentices and trainees working under me, they get six month placements over 2 years they go up and down the UK on these so London one minute Glasgow the next placement and even some abroad to Sweden or USA etc. Why? New cultures, different people, different expectations, new environments which all helps them to grow up and learn.  Nyambe should have been on loan to a Plymouth or whatever down there type and let him develop there because nothing less than winning the league this year will do and we should never have gone down last year.

"Pink fluffy rabbits" have you heard yourself? You are spouting nonsense. What is your obsession with sending some 17 year old as far away as possible 'to learn'? Whatever your role is it might be beneficial having those young lads going up and down the country week in week out (although I hazard a guess if you ask them whether they'd prefer to be at home, in one place, most would say yes) but it may not be in Nyambe's best interests. This is why you are in your business and not the football business. Stop talking like him suddenly spending a season in some far off city is going to suddenly develop him into this better footballer. For the final time - it's nonsense talk.

Henley didn't have twice the ability. Henley deceived to flatter. I'm starting to get a measure on your footballing brain with comments like that coupled with the "well I am a Rangers fan too and we didn't......". Awful.

Nyambe has came into the worst squad we have had in years. As a 17 year old boy he has done reasonably. His naivety has let him down on occasion, as does any young players, but given time and the right mentoring he can prove himself to be a very valuable player at Blackburn. Sending him on the next train to the furthest possible place to 'experience new culture' is beyond stupid. The lad was born in Africa........he moved to Manchester as a teenager........he's now at Blackburn. I'd say learning the differences in culture between Africa and the UK was a lot more rewarding than the difference between Blackburn and Plymouth. Think before writing frantically - it's embarrassing. 

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

:rolleyes:

Did he not set some form of record in one season with the amount of OG's? For a lad at 6ft 2 to get out jumped for a header often he was dogga in a Rovers shirt bar under Bowyer.

Ward lack of pace would be why he would struggle wide but Mowbray was happy with back 2 of Lenihan and Mulgrew. But yet again just carry on the witch hunt against Nyambe. He is today scapegoat. @Chaddyrovers

What rubbish, can you stop repeating the scapegoat comment what Doug initiated, we've already discussed he's not a scapegoat at all yet you persist to try and get it to stick, not sure what your agenda is here? Whether he is home grown, foreign, young, old, freebie, or mega million signing. He's not very good and doesn't posses the raw basics (yet) to play RB. Your still for all your bluster yet to come up with anything to suggest your view that he's capable or good at anything bar pace. It's alright watching him for 3 years but you can't identify a bloody trait what he's good at!

Lambert played 3 at the back in his last 2 games of his reign. against Rotherham away and Reading at home

So 2 games out his 30+? Wow. Damming. Given Ward has made over 270 professional appearances largely in a 4-4-2 every week you think Mowbray ahead of Lambert, Coleman, Howe and others think he's better in a 3 due to a lack of pace yet he's quicker than Mulgrew for example? Mowbray is hardly going to chuck young Ryan under a bus but really....it's due to the below more than anything:

Space down the sides because Nyambe is still on @#/? half way out of position more like, why do you think he pushed him and WIlliams up? I made the same comments about Williams as he actually looks a CB playing left back the amount of times he refuses to go forwards, gets the ball played behind him and getting caught out or not pushing wide hugging the centre of the back four. Neither are good enough to play full back.

3 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

"Pink fluffy rabbits" have you heard yourself? You are spouting nonsense. What is your obsession with sending some 17 year old as far away as possible 'to learn'? Whatever your role is it might be beneficial having those young lads going up and down the country week in week out (although I hazard a guess if you ask them whether they'd prefer to be at home, in one place, most would say yes) but it may not be in Nyambe's best interests. This is why you are in your business and not the football business. Stop talking like him suddenly spending a season in some far off city is going to suddenly develop him into this better footballer. For the final time - it's nonsense talk.

Henley didn't have twice the ability. Henley deceived to flatter. I'm starting to get a measure on your footballing brain with comments like that coupled with the "well I am a Rangers fan too and we didn't......". Awful.

Nyambe has came into the worst squad we have had in years. As a 17 year old boy he has done reasonably. His naivety has let him down on occasion, as does any young players, but given time and the right mentoring he can prove himself to be a very valuable player at Blackburn. Sending him on the next train to the furthest possible place to 'experience new culture' is beyond stupid. The lad was born in Africa........he moved to Manchester as a teenager........he's now at Blackburn. I'd say learning the differences in culture between Africa and the UK was a lot more rewarding than the difference between Blackburn and Plymouth. Think before writing frantically - it's embarrassing. 

Henley could bloody tackle for a start, could cross a ball and generally wasn't bad with his positioning when bursting onto the scene at first before regressing. MOM against Liverpool was it followed by a cracking effort at Utd under Kean. I must have missed Nyambe producing similar? By the way he's going on 20 not 17, Henley was 17 when he first burst onto the stage. He's also played around 30 games as a professional player.

What's wrong with Rangers? Footballing brain, as opposed to what, I'm a fan with an opinion just like you are.

I think your taking my comments to the extreme comparing some backwards African country to migrating to the UK. I was discussing the opportunity to play at a level he can actually impress at as opposed to being out his depth in the Championship like last season. It's about getting away from your friends, training with new squads at different parts of the country for example similar experience would have helped Henley initially prepare himself for life as a player, unfortunately it didn't happen, he regressed because he never got to learn at the right level and work his way up.

He might one day be a valuable player, I doubt it personally but he might do but the first 11 in Blackburn especially last year wasn't the place to learn.

Just now, renrag said:

As I've said on other threads, some Rovers fans don't know when to lay off a player. I well remember the time that Bryan Douglas was was going through a sticky patch (for him) during his second or third season as a regular. He was getting so much merciless stick from a section of the fans that he put in a transfer request, thankfully turned down. This was a boyhood fan who was living his dream and went on to become the finest player I have seen wearing the blue and white. I'm afraid things never change  

Critiquing the guy on a MB is fine. If he can't take that then god help him.

As far as I know none of us boo him or get on his back at Ewood do we? I certainly don't.

Interesting you say Brian Douglas, had the  fortune of meeting the great man briefly at Villa, he was a wee bit annoyed at the quality of the whole team! What a guy though.

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

This board is turning into a place of irrational negativity 

Danns turned into a good player it was always there no one is questiong that but in your haste to take the moral high ground for the thousanth time since you popped up you seem to have missed the point. That being the motives behind his signing etc and even you cant be so hard headed as to realise by now that not much the club did via Steve Kean was in the best interests of the team.

As an aside Dann was largely pants for us odd game asids as they signed an unfit player on big wages. By the time he was fit and performing they were already putting his name about to be sold he was another brought here to earn other people money wise up for gods sake.

Just now, tomphil said:

Danns turned into a good player it was always there no one is questiong that but in your haste to take the moral high ground for the thousanth time since you popped up you seem to have missed the point. That being the motives behind his signing etc and even you cant be so hard headed as to realise by now that not much the club did via Steve Kean was in the best interests of the team.

As an aside Dann was largely pants for us odd game asids as they signed an unfit player on big wages. By the time he was fit and performing they were already putting his name about to be sold he was another brought here to earn other people money wise up for gods sake.

Excuse me, you said the following

I then said that why is it surprising that Dann was made captain, I wouldn't have put many ahead of him at the time. Again ,you are coming up with unfounded conspiracy about why we signed a highly rated centre half. 

Plenty went to pot at the club over the past 7 years, no need to be making extra stuff up! 

Excuse me, you said the following

I then said that why is it surprising that Dann was made captain, I wouldn't have put many ahead of him at the time. Again ,you are coming up with unfounded conspiracy about why we signed a highly rated centre half. 

Plenty went to pot at the club over the past 7 years, no need to be making extra stuff up! 

Seeing as it was printed in the paper in black and white I'd back off from accusing me of making stuff up if you don't mind. Might well be garbage but it was Nixons garbage not mine and no Dann wasn't a worthy captain at the time either imo just like Lowe wasn't, wonder if he was on the same type of deal ?

Conspiracy alert, conspiracy alert. Easily offendec run for cover .........

Just now, tomphil said:

Seeing as it was printed in the paper in black and white I'd back off from accusing me of making stuff up if you don't mind. Might well be garbage but it was Nixons garbage not mine and no Dann wasn't a worthy captain at the time either imo just like Lowe wasn't, wonder if he was on the same type of deal ?

We haven't had a worthy captain since Nelsen imo. Back in those days, we had two or three in the side...oh those were the days!

Just now, tomphil said:

Lets just have no captain, in case someone gets an unwarranted bonus. Probably safest option at this stage :rolleyes:

Lets just have no captain, in case someone gets an unwarranted bonus. Probably safest option at this stage :rolleyes:

No LETS have a captain but one who's appointed for the right reasons like er, lets say he can actually do the @#/? job.

Archived