BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 2

Tom

• Backroom
Just now, duggy9197 said:

Was Dann here before Jones left.i have to ask tgis as my 4 bottles of Mekong usually damages my brian cells.

No. Jones left in June/July, Dann didn't arrive until 31 August. 

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry for the messy post bloody it now blocked here

9 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said: @chaddyrovers

I agree that Nyambe has every chance to become a good play at Rovers but sadly some people have already made him the new scapegoat for next season?

The performance of the under 23's have been overall very good but still some poor performances

Clearly you haven't listened to why Mowbray went to 3 at the back.

He thinks Ward cant play in 2 man centre defence so he changed it to a 3 man defence and also down to conceded far too goals.

The formation changed against Forest away and when Ward came into the team

Exactly. some players develop quickly then others.

I hope that Tomlinson and Wharton develop under Mowbray as they are the next 2 in line for the first time

Well I did tell you his features but as per usual you just ignore it

/-----------------

Scapegoat? Your just repeating what Doug said before and as I said then, he's not becoming one at all, he's just not very good, crap, rubbish, dross, awful pick any adjective but he's not a scapegoat, he's not boo'd or anything. He actually comes across a nice lad on the few videos I've seen, he's just not a very good footballer. U-23's well as Gumboots has already echoed, it's junior football and certainly not akin to playing at a cold Christie park on a Tuesday against some brutes so it's difficult to take it to resounding as a basis of much success ready for the first team.

The same Elliott Ward whom has made over 270 professional appearances at centre half for Bournemouth (25 apps) Nottm Forest (31 apps) Norwich (51 apps) Coventry (116 apps) amongst others all in 4-4-2 formations? Same Ward Lammy brought in and stuck in a 4-5-1 next to Hanley mainly?

Youth is not the way forward... We are not producing ANY quality bar Raya whom seems to have come from Cornella AD anyways and it appears quantity matters over anything else, they are fine as a squad filler for the cup games but this is a mans league even more so than the Championship and putting youngsters in whom have never played professionally like Willem and Travis etc is a real danger and akin to lambs at the slaughter.

You mentioned heading? - This is a lad who haunches up his shoulders or generally doesn't want to go up for it and when he does it ends up directly above him in the air because he cant use his frickin forehead.

Pace - Well we've all agreed he has this tbf. His only successful out and out skill.

Going forwards/ Positioning - Your taking the @#/? now aint you? He sits on halfway debating to himself whether to go back or go forwards, by the time his slow mind has made a decision he's marked out the game or we've lost the advantage of using his pace to counter and get him up the pitch. When he does go forwards, he's ponderous on the ball lacks any @#/? or conviction to even attempt a cross and when he does it's downright embarrassing.

What about his first touch as Aggy has alluded too? His marking where he doesn't know whether to drop off or get tight and consistently looks across the others to see where he should be?

Now I like Mahoney out the youth but again he's far far away from being anywhere near starting each week.

And replace him with who Dunnfc? What the bloody hell is this Ewood blanket about too? Surely a young player is better developing in a place in which he feels comfortable. Great man management by you - send a 17 year old somewhere he isn't comfortable and make him just 'cope with life'. Yep, that will work. Whilst we are at it can he swim? Let's drop him in the middle of the English channel on his way to the Russian second league and make him swim to France...he's been in this land blanket too long.

Nonsense talk. I'm sorry you need to take a step back and rid yourself of your Nyambe hatred and think about things logically. He's happy here, he's breaking into the team and he has a manager with a great defensive mind in a league that we have a good chance of doing well in. This is as perfect an opportunity as the young boy is going to get and I hope he's fully supported through his development

No hatred, who mentioned Russia ffs? Ewood Safety blanket zone, where pink fluffy rabbits at Brockhall run across and never an ounce of critique allowed just getting behind the boys making no noise. Henley suffered the same surely you can agree with that? Got too comfortable and never toughened up with the ruff and tumble and allowed to make mistakes under no pressure. He's happy here because who wouldn't be it's not really a testing place. Henley has twice the ability of this kid from the off and I was sad to see him released even though it's the right decision because he should have been a star.

I've 17 yr old apprentices and trainees working under me, they get six month placements over 2 years they go up and down the UK on these so London one minute Glasgow the next placement and even some abroad to Sweden or USA etc. Why? New cultures, different people, different expectations, new environments which all helps them to grow up and learn.  Nyambe should have been on loan to a Plymouth or whatever down there type and let him develop there because nothing less than winning the league this year will do and we should never have gone down last year.

47 minutes ago, duggy9197 said:

we had a player on loan from man u I hated him he was CRAP.later in his career he won a premiership title name please.

Generally speaking ten years ago we were good at getting the best from.average players. In the last ten years it seems we now get poor performances out of good players.

Eg. King, Nzonzi, Simpson, Dann, Cairney etc...

Just now, DE. said:

Dann is a weird one. The player himself said he was contacted at the last minute and we did the deal with literally about 30 minutes left on deadline day. Had it not been for this sudden interest (and who knows why we were suddenly interested in him?) we would have gone into the season with Jones having not been replaced - and keep in mind Jones was sold in June. 

He was coming back off injury probs and according to our fav hack Brum desperately wanted him off the payroll as they were in bother so we only paid about 1 mill for him with a load of crazy add ons that would never all get triggered. They then put it about we'd paid 5 or 6 mill for him to pacity Brum fans and look good at this end.

I wonder how many deals of a similar ilk have seen players depart Ewood in recent times .......

2 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

As a season ticket holder, I would say the atmosphere at games at Ewood this season has been nowhere near hostile except for possibly the capitulation against Barnsley.

2 hours ago, duggy9197 said:

step forward Ryan Nayambe the new scapgoat,how long since Lowe left.?some rovers fans need to look at them selves,the days of May Berg Oojer Salgado have gone.

Having watched Nyambe over that past three years and knowing his agent I'd say I'm more than qualified to talk about Nyambe and his capabilities.

Imo his agent will probably be actively seeking improved terms for Ryan on almost a half yearly to yearly basis and what with awards like young player of the year award coupled with a few positive comments in the papers, radio, Internet messageboards and video clips this will all add up to backing up his clients future earning potential and then ..........it will all be about ...WHO..... is prepared to pay his agent the most for his clients services at that moment in time.

What with club being run by others you the supporter or Blackburn Rovers football club won't have anything from his future sell on fee and I do feel that Nyambe's agent has very good links with Cheston, Sylvester the reporter at the LT and Nixon. 

• Backroom
Just now, tomphil said:

He was coming back off injury probs and according to our fav hack Brum desperately wanted him off the payroll as they were in bother so we only paid about 1 mill for him with a load of crazy add ons that would never all get triggered. They then put it about we'd paid 5 or 6 mill for him to pacity Brum fans and look good at this end.

I wonder how many deals of a similar ilk have seen players depart Ewood in recent times .......

Original articles claimed we paid £6m plus £1.5m. Smells like a brand of bull excrement to me, especially as other than Rhodes I'm not sure we've ever paid more than £3m for a player under Venky's? The worst thing was that Kean used that purchase to then claim the owners backed him (despite admitting in previous interviews that we had gone into the season with a squad unable to properly compete). And even with the inflated figures Kean was using as proof of backing, we were still in negative net spend as we definitely didn't spend more than the £16.5m we got for Jones (plus £6m for Kalinic). 

Just now, duggy9197 said:

Dunnfc i suggest you follow Chelski or realise the position we are in.I admire your work against our corrupt regime but man realise we are 3rd division now.

So Doug we just sit and accept it? I'm a Rangers fan too and no way when we went down to the third did we just "accept" it.

This scapegoat stuff is laughable. Every team have players who are poor. Just because people support the football club, it doesn't mean that away from the match they cannot voice an opinion that players are not good enough. 

For the record, I think Nyambe did OK this season after a shaky start. I think Lowe has been shocking throughout his Ewood career. 

It's just an opinion.

Just now, Dunnfc said:

So Doug we just sit and accept it? I'm a Rangers fan too and no way when we went down to the third did we just "accept" it.

Did they not?

I don't recall any NAPM protests? Though I do remember a minority protesting at Craig Whyte, just like the minority of Rovers fans, Cov fans, Charlton fans etc.

Just now, Dunnfc said:

Such a shame people readily accept mediocrity 

I certainly don't but then again, I could see at the time the great work that players like Mark Atkins did for Rovers. Now, with hindsight, many pretend they did.

Regarding Nyambe, it's a disgrace that someone fresh and promising from the youth set up has been promoted to chief whipping boy already. It feels as though some fans are desperate for our own to fail. Very sad.

Just now, Pedro said:

I certainly don't but then again, I could see at the time the great work that players like Mark Atkins did for Rovers. Now, with hindsight, many pretend they did.

Regarding Nyambe, it's a disgrace that someone fresh and promising from the youth set up has been promoted to chief whipping boy already. It feels as though some fans are desperate for our own to fail. Very sad.

I get this feeling about some of our fans as well. 

Just now, Mattyblue said:

Did they not?

I don't recall any NAPM protests?

Attendances certainly fell to sub 25k from the usual 40+

Lots of boycotting against SD and the club shop which Ashley had an agreement over which basically meant every penny spent there went to him.

Rangers fans though are ambitious and won't accept second best, they won't put up with a sideshow like Charles Green, Sandy Easdale etc they'll literally go for them. They don't expect any player either not performing.

Lots of protests just not NAPM as there was lots and lots of shareholders including the fans from the recent IPO so you wouldn't want to harm your own assets would you? Nor was there a single focal point due to the number of shareholders etc.

Just now, DE. said:

Original articles claimed we paid £6m plus £1.5m. Smells like a brand of bull excrement to me, especially as other than Rhodes I'm not sure we've ever paid more than £3m for a player under Venky's? The worst thing was that Kean used that purchase to then claim the owners backed him (despite admitting in previous interviews that we had gone into the season with a squad unable to properly compete). And even with the inflated figures Kean was using as proof of backing, we were still in negative net spend as we definitely didn't spend more than the £16.5m we got for Jones (plus £6m for Kalinic). 

Yes up until Rhodes signed they were over 10 million up on sales v incomings at that point i think. It was pointed out when Singh was on that interview panel thing on telly which had him back peddaling somewhat.

Thing is then though Kean, the agent and agencies were blatantly running the club under everyone's noses and a bit of money did drip back in because they had licence to wheel and deal as it was in their best interests. As we know though they were stitching it all up in the contracts and agent fees christ knows how much Dann actually cost the club in that respect.

Another snippet from that deal is he got a pay cut on relegation but Kean found away around it by appointing him captain and therefore entitling him to an immediate pay rise again !!!!!!  No doubt at all who's player Dann really was i don't think.

Burn in hell coco :angry:

Just now, Pedro said:

I'd argue that 'positive' fans are more defensive about home grown players.

Sure everyone remembers the stick which Atkins, Lowe, Wilcox etc... got.

But Andrews, Varney, Brown were slated without coming through the youth. Ditto Murphy, Ward and Etuhu.  

Poor players get criticised. Some people believe that ones that come through the youth team should be exempt.

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

I get this feeling about some of our fans as well. 

What a load of rubbish spewed by those to feel good.

If a player is crap he's crap whether he's homegrown, foreign, young or old if he's crap he's crap.

Nothing to do whatsoever about being a scapegoat or one of our own.

Just now, Pedro said:

He looked strong at youth level unfortunately tossed in against guys as strong as him he's your modern day Richard Brown.

Can't head ...no tricks ...poor unsure of himself at times and not very accurate at crossing and passing what more can you say.

Main difference I would say is that Rangers FC are part of the football establishment in Scotland, so have a media/PR clout that we could only dream of, so keeping our campaign in the limelight is that much harder...

Just now, Dunnfc said:

What a load of rubbish spewed by those to feel good.

If a player is crap he's crap whether he's homegrown, foreign, young or old if he's crap he's crap.

Nothing to do whatsoever about being a scapegoat or one of our own.

Nyambe is a decent young player. The only one making themselves feel better are those who are slating him. 

Archived