BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Start A New Club?

I know it wouldn't be for everyone but I think there is a genuine opportunity to give people somewhere to enjoy football again with their friends and a beer at the weekend.

Hypothetical situation but if the two Ian's and Seneca set up a club with fans on the Board, Chris Sutton manager, playing locally in Blackburn I think that would be interesting to a lot of people. Some might go to both Ewood and the new club.

AFC Wimbledon got a crowd of 2,500 in their first match in 2003, they are now in the football league.

Where will we be if Venkys are still around in 10/15 years??

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At this point NO...NO...NO

Any efforts need to be used in one direction.

Agreed. So why do we have so many official groups, so many different strategies, so many taking their own initiatives? We have fans off to India, Madon building a website, 1875, documents being released, the Wolves planned protest, adverts in Indian press, etc etc etc.

No direction, no strategy, no leadership, no experience, little expertise. Confusion reigns. Perfect for the Venky's.

In think 47er sums it up perfectly however I would only go down that road when all avenues have been exhausted its to soon to be talking like this. 6 years and counting is a long time to put up with this greedy sideshow but its a dot in the history of rovers timeline if we can reclaim what's rightfully ours . Long live uncle jack

I certainly could never support the formation of another Club whilst we were still in existence. In fact I would regard such an act as treachery of the highest order.

I don't understand this warped thinking along the lines of "it isn't our club anymore". Of course it's our Club, it's exactly the same Club that's been in existence since 1875 it's just that no-one likes the owners.

Each to their own, but for me you don't stop supporting the Club because you don't like the owners and/or manager at any particular point in time.

I certainly could never support the formation of another Club whilst we were still in existence. In fact I would regard such an act as treachery of the highest order.

I don't understand this warped thinking along the lines of "it isn't our club anymore". Of course it's our Club, it's exactly the same Club that's been in existence since 1875 it's just that no-one likes the owners.

Each to their own, but for me you don't stop supporting the Club because you don't like the owners and/or manager at any particular point in time.

Couldn't agree more Rev. The Club is more than the owners, managers or players - all are merely temporary custodians of a particular role - the Club is an entity in it's own right with it's own proud history. Nothing could or can replace that.

When I'm back in the UK I would def be interested in going to see a grass roots Blackburn team play, irrelevant of at what level/league. I had some proper fun days out watching lower league football when my mum lived in Alfreton; passion, banter, normal blokes playing for the love of the game.

Archived