BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Start A New Club?

This hasn't been mentioned for a bit and I don't know whether it was ever tried back when it was mentioned.

The reason I think this is the only option now is from what we all know by now of Venkys. 6 years is long enough in my opinion to be absolutely certain they won't change. They'll carry on selling any good players, appointing rubbish managers and on the odd occasion when they get a good one will undermine, overpromise or over-control and force him out. The only way is down with them in charge and the only question is how fast. Of that we can all be certain by now.

What we can also be certain of is protests won't get them out. Over the last 6 years it's been tried numerous times in numerous different formats and it's like persuading a brick wall to move through dialogue. They don't even acknowledge a protest is occuring, never mind respond to it. The only thing that hasn't been tried is a sustained mass boycott and it never will be because there's always some fans who just want to go whatever they're seeing.

So they won't change and we can't get them out. There's only 2 options in my opinion, endure more of the same for many years to come or an FC United type venture.

Absolutely ridiculous.

Lets fight for the club we have, not slope off because its a bit difficult.

We are uniting the fan base, let's keep that going.

We're coming for you,

We're coming for you,

Fear us Venkys

We're coming for you.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Absolutely ridiculous.

Lets fight for the club we have, not slope off because its a bit difficult.

We are uniting the fan base, let's keep that going.

We're coming for you,

We're coming for you,

Fear us Venkys

We're coming for you.

If someone wants a new club kick start Blackburn Olympic.

Leave the rest of us to get shut of the cancer that is the Venky's and Anderson

They can't do what they are doing forever. The bigger that debt goes, the harder it will be to cling on. My personal opinion is that they are desperately holding on to something big that will quickly unravel. It'll be in one hell of a state but we'll get the club back.

Everyone who no longer goes has given up, which is close to half the fans we had attending in the days of Big Sam.

Anyway, there was a question mark on the topic title for a reason. The biggest fanbase in the world just about got their own protest club off the ground with about 5-10% of the fanbase's support, with the size of our (dwindingly) fanbase, we'd need at least half the fans on board for it to work. Which this topic indicates isn't the case. So that's my question answered.

Lets have another 6 years of tweeting, banner making and raising money for charity. See whether people have given up then. I'm just starting to find the protests a bit tragic. The main target isn't listening, and the 3 auxiliary targets (the media, the FA and other clubs fans) don't really care.

Way off the mark, fortunately.

Mods

Can this thread be closed - we're still fighting the war!

Close the thread? Jesus what is this, a hive mind? The people on here who don't want to protest at all have been told to knock it off and now you're telling me to knock it off for suggesting an alternative to protesting. This isn't some brfc protestors militant religious order, it's a rovers message board. And one that will become incredibly boring if everyone is forced to agree on everything about the club.

Regarding your main point Parson, 2 things. Is this Rovers as you've always known it? Yes the ground and kit are the same. But long-serving, loyal and local club staff have been forcibly disposed of or simply let go due to financial mismanagement. In their place we have the shady minions of an even shadier football agency which I'm convinced are still pulling strings, like appointing our joke manager. Literally nobody at the club cares about the fans. Personally I'm starting to ask myself what values does the club share with me? And my conclusion is none. The remaining community work is lacklustre whilst businesses around the area struggle or fold due to bungled season after bungled season on the pitch.

And any new club formed would be nothing like Clitheroe, Darwen etc. I'm sure it'd be as close to Rovers in every sense as it's legally possible to be in terms of name, kit and badge. But it'd have the values of Rovers pre-Venkys. That's the idea anyway but yeah, maybe things still need to get a lot worse before it takes off. Unfortunately I've little doubt they will.

Close the thread? Jesus what is this, a hive mind? The people on here who don't want to protest at all have been told to knock it off and now you're telling me to knock it off for suggesting an alternative to protesting. This isn't some brfc protestors militant religious order, it's a rovers message board. And one that will become incredibly boring if everyone is forced to agree on everything about the club.

Regarding your main point Parson, 2 things. Is this Rovers as you've always known it? Yes the ground and kit are the same. But long-serving, loyal and local club staff have been forcibly disposed of or simply let go due to financial mismanagement. In their place we have the shady minions of an even shadier football agency which I'm convinced are still pulling strings, like appointing our joke manager. Literally nobody at the club cares about the fans. Personally I'm starting to ask myself what values does the club share with me? And my conclusion is none. The remaining community work is lacklustre whilst businesses around the area struggle or fold due to bungled season after bungled season on the pitch.

And any new club formed would be nothing like Clitheroe, Darwen etc. I'm sure it'd be as close to Rovers in every sense as it's legally possible to be in terms of name, kit and badge. But it'd have the values of Rovers pre-Venkys. That's the idea anyway but yeah, maybe things still need to get a lot worse before it takes off. Unfortunately I've little doubt they will.

Off you go then, stop pontificating and set up your own club that shares your values.

You are completely missing the whole point about the unique club that Blackburn Rovers are.

The new club is an interesting question for the future. If Vs stay on it will become more likely that a new club will have to be set up to start at the bottom and try and attract sone fans as a Replacement Rovers. If Vs go at some stage the club will be liquidated and a new club can be rescued from the wreckage. Look to Rangers as an example of what could happen although I doubt we would get that kind of preferable treatment to get us back into the league. We may need to start a few tiers down in non-league football. As long as enough people are involved though it can only be better than what we have now.

What a mess though.

If your partner was critically ill, would you go out to try and find somebody else who looked a bit like them, or would you do everything in your power to save them???? Not interested in any other club, in any shape or form.

There's only one Blackburn Rovers. Its mine and many others family heritage for generations. We need to fight and somehow get these buggers out of their bunker.

Forget a Phoenix, there will only ever be one Blackburn Rovers to me.

There's only one Blackburn Rovers. Its mine and many others family heritage for generations. We need to fight and somehow get these buggers out of their bunker.

Forget a Phoenix, there will only ever be one Blackburn Rovers to me.

Could you re-phrase that just a little, I am getting a complex

:D

#VenkysOut

AFC Blackpool is Blackpool Mechanics - which was formed just after the Second World War. I already do support a local club when the Rovers don't have a game anywhere - Accrington Stanley. I'm sure Darwen, Clitheroe or Chorley would welcome your support in the same way that Blackpool fans support the Mechanics. You don't need to form a new club - there are plenty of local non-League ones to choose from.

So if Blackburn lost its town club you'd support another local league club instead of any Blackburn Phoenix Club? Sorry but that's backwards from a fan perspective.

Everyone would prefer that Rovers continues but - as you yourself have said many times - that's out of our hands and in the hands of Venkys. Our choices are create a FCUM-style rival or wait until Venkys decide. One is taking control - if a big gamble - the other means leaving Venkys in control.

However, just ask Boro fans or Rangers fans, or better yet AFC Wimbledon fans, if they would rather and support a neighbouring town's league club instead of the club they have now. I know what reply you'd get - and it wouldn't be polite.

Could you re-phrase that just a little, I am getting a complex

:D

#VenkysOut

There's only one Phoenix and a jolly fine place it is too.

There's only one Blackburn Rovers and any thought of some form of reincarnation under another name or guise wouldn't wash with me.

WE ARE The Rovers! And we need to fight for it!!

So if Blackburn lost its town club you'd support another local league club instead of any Blackburn Phoenix Club? Sorry but that's backwards from a fan perspective.

Everyone would prefer that Rovers continues but - as you yourself have said many times - that's out of our hands and in the hands of Venkys. Our choices are create a FCUM-style rival or wait until Venkys decide. One is taking control - if a big gamble - the other means leaving Venkys in control.

However, just ask Boro fans or Rangers fans, or better yet AFC Wimbledon fans, if they would rather and support a neighbouring town's league club instead of the club they have now. I know what reply you'd get - and it wouldn't be polite.

Feel free to start a new club Stuart. I'll stick with this one.

If your partner was critically ill, would you go out to try and find somebody else who looked a bit like them, or would you do everything in your power to save them???? Not interested in any other club, in any shape or form.

Or the Vinjay option. Find someone rich, glamous and a picture of good health, then ditch your dying partner.

There's only one Phoenix and a jolly fine place it is too.

There's only one Blackburn Rovers and any thought of some form of reincarnation under another name or guise wouldn't wash with me.

WE ARE The Rovers! And we need to fight for it!!

Correct #VenkysOut

Stuart, you need to think IMO.

We support Blackburn Rovers FC, WE ARE BLACKBURN ROVERS. We need to fight to get Venkys out of their bunker to discuss. The talk of a Phoenix is just what they would want. Get a bloody grip and gird up your loins!

WE ARE Blackburn Rovers!!!

Feel free to start a new club Stuart. I'll stick with this one.

You've missed the point - although playing devil's advocate it depends on how far you trust Venkys with our club.

I too would prefer thaf BRFC 1875 continues but if Venkys destroy it then I would support a Blackburn FC before I turn to Accy or Chorley.

Maybe our town isn't as important to you as me. Although I can well understand why your allegiance is only to the Blackburn Rovers as enscribed by the record books.

Would a post V Rovers be the same club though? If we are liquidated it wouldn't be but I think plenty of us would support the new club if they had the Rovers spirit.

If we were liquidated then that may be a different matter but that's not the case.

The club we all love is still Blackburn Rovers, any talk of 'phoenix clubs' at this stage is totally counter productive.

I'm sure I'm not alone in falling out of love with football in general and it's only my love for my Rovers heritage that provide any affinity for football.

Do away with Blackburn Rovers and football can go and @#/? itself for me. I love Blackburn Rovers but detest what football has become.

RTID.

You've missed the point - although playing devil's advocate it depends on how far you trust Venkys with our club.

I too would prefer thaf BRFC 1875 continues but if Venkys destroy it then I would support a Blackburn FC before I turn to Accy or Chorley.

Maybe our town isn't as important to you as me. Although I can well understand why your allegiance is only to the Blackburn Rovers as enscribed by the record books.

So basically you'd support anything as long as it was in Blackburn? There are any number of clubs playing in Blackburn Stuart if that's what is important to you. I'm sure Feniscowles, Mill Hill etc. would welcome your support. Sadly, I have one club and that's the one I support one hundred per cent. No artificial replacement could ever take it's place no matter how well intentioned.

Archived