BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Start A New Club?

This hasn't been mentioned for a bit and I don't know whether it was ever tried back when it was mentioned.

The reason I think this is the only option now is from what we all know by now of Venkys. 6 years is long enough in my opinion to be absolutely certain they won't change. They'll carry on selling any good players, appointing rubbish managers and on the odd occasion when they get a good one will undermine, overpromise or over-control and force him out. The only way is down with them in charge and the only question is how fast. Of that we can all be certain by now.

What we can also be certain of is protests won't get them out. Over the last 6 years it's been tried numerous times in numerous different formats and it's like persuading a brick wall to move through dialogue. They don't even acknowledge a protest is occuring, never mind respond to it. The only thing that hasn't been tried is a sustained mass boycott and it never will be because there's always some fans who just want to go whatever they're seeing.

So they won't change and we can't get them out. There's only 2 options in my opinion, endure more of the same for many years to come or an FC United type venture.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This hasn't been mentioned for a bit and I don't know whether it was ever tried back when it was mentioned.

The reason I think this is the only option now is from what we all know by now of Venkys. 6 years is long enough in my opinion to be absolutely certain they won't change. They'll carry on selling any good players, appointing rubbish managers and on the odd occasion when they get a good one will undermine, overpromise or over-control and force him out. The only way is down with them in charge and the only question is how fast. Of that we can all be certain by now.

What we can also be certain of is protests won't get them out. Over the last 6 years it's been tried numerous times in numerous different formats and it's like persuading a brick wall to move through dialogue. They don't even acknowledge a protest is occuring, never mind respond to it. The only thing that hasn't been tried is a sustained mass boycott and it never will be because there's always some fans who just want to go whatever they're seeing.

So they won't change and we can't get them out. There's only 2 options in my opinion, endure more of the same for many years to come or an FC United type venture.

LFA at Leyland could be home pitch. There's developed opportunities if it all good

It'd have to be called Rovers F.C. in my opinion.

Should be focusing on getting venkys out. If they destroy the club even more so than they have done and we actually end up getting liquidated, then only then is it the time to think of this

No way,

The only option is to get the scum out,

they are not thieving over 140 years of history and tradition off any one

• Backroom

I am 110% against starting a new club, although I do respect your suggestion.

Venkys may have won the battle, but over my dead body will they win the war.

This is a time for fans to come together and unite to save this club, not start a new one.

To get a response from Venkys, perhaps it could be asked if there behaviour to the Rovers is racially motivated. Surely they would have to at least deny it, thus admitting that they are aware there is a problem. If they do not respond, surely the football league would have to have an enquiery under the banner of kick racism out of football.

How can we be sure we can ever get them out?

Exactly. Like I said, there's no indication they've ever even noticed a single protest. Never mind respond, and certainly never mind alter their behaviour in any way.

Maybe it'll just take most fans another 6 years to be convinced. I'd imagine a new club would be able to overtake the gutted shell of original Rovers within a few seasons by then.

To get a response from Venkys, perhaps it could be asked if there behaviour to the Rovers is racially motivated. Surely they would have to at least deny it, thus admitting that they are aware there is a problem. If they do not respond, surely the football league would have to have an enquiery under the banner of kick racism out of football.

That's an interesting take on things actually, always hated the race card being played but its certainly thinking outside the box.

Exactly. Like I said, there's no indication they've ever even noticed a single protest. Never mind respond, and certainly never mind alter their behaviour in any way.

Maybe it'll just take most fans another 6 years to be convinced. I'd imagine a new club would be able to overtake the gutted shell of original Rovers within a few seasons by then.

6 years to be convinced of what ? that you have given up.

If the scum bags read enough posts like yours then maybe they won't leave.

United fans is what we need

Gotta have something a bit different about the name I reckon if it was to ever happen. I'm quite fond of how Darlington's pheonix club is known as Darlington 1883....it's quite a nice touch IMO.

Anyway on a serious note, I think there is still plenty of hope for us. 6 years is a long time for football fans to suffer in an industry where things generally don't last very long...we've been through more than our fair share of troubles to last a life time...but I'm still sure we can rescue Rovers and bring back its identity when Venky's are gone.

There hasn't been a protest worthy of the name to date. That's not taking anything away from those who did protest, I was there myself for some of them. There should have been several thousand getting involved with pitch invasions and so on. But I digress.

What has happened since the documents were leaked is building nicely. Many are working hard on the social media side of things and there could be a variety of journalists from several publications ready to go to print once the legalities have been sorted.

The momentum has got to be maintained and I get the feeling that this time things will turn out differently. The last thing we want now is to talk about forming a new club. In the unlikely event that Venky's are still here in ten years, yes. But not now.

We will rid the club of these parasites, of that I have no doubt. Where there is money to be made easily, dark forces lurk under the surface, not just in football but in all walks of life. It will give me great pleasure, not only seeing Venky's depart but seeing the likes of Jerome Andersen and all his hangers on getting their just desserts. You can never fool proper football supporters, that has always been the case. We won't be fooled and we will win.

6 years to be convinced of what ? that you have given up.

If the scum bags read enough posts like yours then maybe they won't leave.

United fans is what we need

Everyone who no longer goes has given up, which is close to half the fans we had attending in the days of Big Sam.

Anyway, there was a question mark on the topic title for a reason. The biggest fanbase in the world just about got their own protest club off the ground with about 5-10% of the fanbase's support, with the size of our (dwindingly) fanbase, we'd need at least half the fans on board for it to work. Which this topic indicates isn't the case. So that's my question answered.

Lets have another 6 years of tweeting, banner making and raising money for charity. See whether people have given up then. I'm just starting to find the protests a bit tragic. The main target isn't listening, and the 3 auxiliary targets (the media, the FA and other clubs fans) don't really care.

A new club will need to be set up anyway if Venkys leave. There's no prospect of a sale unless they take the debt with them so it's probably a case of liquidation and let's see what can be retrieved. Sooner the better Imo while there is a fan base out there and something for them to rally round.

Everyone who no longer goes has given up, which is close to half the fans we had attending in the days of Big Sam.

Anyway, there was a question mark on the topic title for a reason. The biggest fanbase in the world just about got their own protest club off the ground with about 5-10% of the fanbase's support, with the size of our (dwindingly) fanbase, we'd need at least half the fans on board for it to work. Which this topic indicates isn't the case. So that's my question answered.

Lets have another 6 years of tweeting, banner making and raising money for charity. See whether people have given up then. I'm just starting to find the protests a bit tragic. The main target isn't listening, and the 3 auxiliary targets (the media, the FA and other clubs fans) don't really care.

How do you work that out, I know fans that no longer go but are working their buts off behind the scenes to get these no marks out

Like I said earlier, the protests haven't really started yet. Keep the momentum going, get both local and national press on board, get all Rovers fans united and in the know as to what happened and then the proper protests can start. Not only that but when it's all out in the open there will have to be meetings with the club officials and the supporters groups etc. Done properly and it won't take six years.

Me and my mates were all talking about this the other day. We'd all certainly support a new start up football club. Even if we still get Rovers back in the end, i'd still support it along with Rovers. FC Blackburn or FC Rovers either way would be fine, i'm sure there would be plenty of others who support it too, especially if we do charity fund raisers and campaign's against Venkys. Dont understand why it has to be so black and white for people (Rovers or nothing), surely supporting a local blackburn club that does fundraisers, puts pressure on venkys and gives us all some respite from the turmoil at Ewood is only a positive thing?

Rovers would always be my priority and first love, when the time comes that we get Rovers back i'd always attend Rovers games first and foremost and we have a duty to protect Jacks legacy... But this certainly doesnt mean I wouldn't get behind a new club with good intentions.

Me and my mates were all talking about this the other day. We'd all certainly support a new start up football club. Even if we still get Rovers back in the end, i'd still support it along with Rovers. FC Blackburn or FC Rovers either way would be fine, i'm sure there would be plenty of others who support it too, especially if we do charity fund raisers and campaign's against Venkys. Dont understand why it has to be so black and white for people (Rovers or nothing), surely supporting a local blackburn club that does fundraisers, puts pressure on venkys and gives us all some respite from the turmoil at Ewood is only a positive thing?

There is one club that was formed in 1875 called Blackburn Rovers. Any other club is merely an imitation and not Blackburn Rovers. Being a Blackburn Rovers supporter means supporting Blackburn Rovers simple as that for me and I suspect the vast majority on this forum.

There is one club that was formed in 1875 called Blackburn Rovers. Any other club is merely an imitation and not Blackburn Rovers. Being a Blackburn Rovers supporter means supporting Blackburn Rovers simple as that for me and I suspect the vast majority on this forum.

Of course Parson, doesnt mean i wouldnt give them some support when I can though. Blackpool have AFC Blackpool and have protest days out when they support them. There's nothing wrong with supporting a small local team in the community.

AFC Blackpool is Blackpool Mechanics - which was formed just after the Second World War. I already do support a local club when the Rovers don't have a game anywhere - Accrington Stanley. I'm sure Darwen, Clitheroe or Chorley would welcome your support in the same way that Blackpool fans support the Mechanics. You don't need to form a new club - there are plenty of local non-League ones to choose from.

AFC Blackpool is Blackpool Mechanics - which was formed just after the Second World War. I already do support a local club when the Rovers don't have a game anywhere - Accrington Stanley. I'm sure Darwen, Clitheroe or Chorley would welcome your support in the same way that Blackpool fans support the Mechanics. You don't need to form a new club - there are plenty of local non-League ones to choose from.

I have no affiliation with those areas Parson, i'm a Blackburn lad although living in Leyland now I might give Chorley a watch. Its fine its not an idea that intersts you but it might be for others, alls i'm saying is i'd give them some support, there's nothing wrong with that. Like I say, Rovers and protecting Jacks legacy should always be everyones priority though.

Archived