BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Start A New Club?

I'd be pissing myself at the various protest attempts except its not funny.

#VenkysOut

...................................................oh there's a surprise, nothing happened. What if a few thousand people do it. Nothing happens. What if they do it a lot. Nothing happens. What if people raise money for East Lancashire Hospice. The Hospice says thanks guys you're awesome, other people say well done guys your awesome. Regarding Venkys? Nothing happens.

Privately owned companies aren't the government, they literally couldn't give a rat's backside about people power when weighed against money. As long as Venkys think they can make money out of Rovers, the protests will do sweet FA. And they can, bleed us dry and run us into the ground and you can make some money out of a football league club, wait decades for a random PL season and then spend nothing that year and you could maybe make £50m in one season.

That's all Venkys care about now, whether squeezing Rovers for all its worth is a better option than jumping ship and riding the hefty blow that is our massive debt. The entire fanbase could spend the next year doing laps around the British coastline wearing illuminous green Borat mankinis and Mrs Desai wouldn't even interrupt her morning brew to read about it.

Its not funny because I know the people running these protests are really doing their best, but it is bloody pointless. Venkys will go when the financial situation dictates they should, and that's it.

Might as well sit with our thumbs up our collective arses and not try to do anything then, eh?

Just bringing awareness of what has and is going on here may be enough to start to shift them. It may not. But doing nothing certainly won't get rid of them.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Rao's and Anderson will be sat round the table pissing them selves reading this thread.

saying the supporters are trying to split themselves without us even trying, job done.

Give your heads a wobble people, this is not the time

It's unreal Yoda,we should not be even be contemplating this nonsense.

ALL energies should be directed at removing Venkys

That is right, so the less numbers of opposition to think about makes their task of asset stripping even easier.

I find it strange, ney dodgy that a thread like this appeares when more and more documents are being leaked about how they go about their business.

Good fan is SKH whether you agree or not and suggesting he has started this thread with ulterior motives a tad unnecessary. How about he is simply just discussing potential issues relevant to him or the club on a Rovers message board?

For me, although I would ultimately support the New Co wuth renewed vigour in the event of the Venkys seeing our destruction through, that time is not here yet and we still have enough of a club to fight for.

Good fan is SKH whether you agree or not and suggesting he has started this thread with ulterior motives a tad unnecessary. How about he is simply just discussing potential issues relevant to him or the club on a Rovers message board?

For me, although I would ultimately support the New Co wuth renewed vigour in the event of the Venkys seeing our destruction through, that time is not here yet and we still have enough of a club to fight for.

exactly my point

Cheers mate! :D Hope all's well.

Cheers mate! :D Hope all's well.

Fine thank-you. Nice to see you posting more often. Stop causing bother ;)

Whilst I don't feel the time is right for a new club, my personal contradiction is that I am thoroughly alienated from the one we have become. I despise everything about us. The complete opposite to all I remember. I have zero affinity to the owners, management, players and officers of the club. Ewood is tainted with the stench of corruption and only a total wipeout can cleanse the club.

Sorry but calling a town team "another organisation" created by "someone" is insulting.

Option 1) Blackburn Rovers FC

Option 2) Blackburn NewCo FC - organised by Rovers fans (a la AFC Wimbledon)

Option 3) No football

If you prefer to change to support Accy or Chorley then that's your prerogative. But that makes you no Blackburner as far as I'm concerned.

Bit of a precious statement there Stuart .."blackburner"? as probably a third or even more fans live outside Blackburn yet "support" Rovers ..and dont term themselves as "blackburners"

Rovers fans yes ..

so would a new club appeal to all those ..? hmm

Fine thank-you. Nice to see you posting more often. Stop causing bother ;)

Whilst I don't feel the time is right for a new club, my personal contradiction is that I am thoroughly alienated from the one we have become. I despise everything about us. The complete opposite to all I remember. I have zero affinity to the owners, management, players and officers of the club. Ewood is tainted with the stench of corruption and only a total wipeout can cleanse the club.

Good to hear. Haha well think I was starting to lose the plot in the Donald Trump thread so thought I'd re-inflict myself on the main board :)

You're probably right on the timing, its more of a League 2 job if (god forbid) they ever take us that far. Just got a strong feeling yesterday that after 6 years we've all suffered enough!

Know the feeling, its an absolute abomination what they've done to us. 10 years ago we were the best run club in the country, charging £200-300 for season tickets and regularly finishing in the top half of the PL. I remember one media article simply entitled "How do Blackburn Rovers do it?" which pretty much sums up the esteem we were held in throughout football. Venkys had a heck of a lot of awesome things to ruin, pretty much the entire club, top to bottom, in every aspect, was awesome. And they've done it, completely and thoroughly. Like you said, is there a significant likeable person to feel loyal to left in the entire club? Probably Dunny and that's it.

And as for the corruption, well the appointment of Coyle is one of the most blatantly corrupt decisions I've ever seen. Sepp Blatter being paraded round Dubai on a golden throne at the next World Cup wouldn't have stunk as much as appointing that serial failure when there were promising alternatives out there. Its grim. Least England have Big Sam though eh :)

Starting a new club feels like we'd be dishonouring Uncle Jack.

Jack built Blackburn Rovers and we need to make sure we never give up on our and his club no matter what.

We need to unite and fight to save this club from it's ultimate destruction and we're not quite there yet.

As long as we're still within the Football League we have a chance to save Blackburn Rovers, in the Non League noone would care.

Why don't you read posts?

Your replies - even to the one you quoted - make no sense!

If, IF, THIS Rovers no longer exists then you would not support another Blackburn town representative team. Says all I need to know about you. Especially as you would turn to Accy or Chorley instead. Diabolical.

"My opinion" what's that got to do with the price of these onions?

Ask any Darwener if they'd like to be referred to as a Blackburner?

Only saying........

RTID

Ask any Darwener if they'd like to be referred to as a Blackburner?

Only saying........

RTID

Damn goes my edit then. ^_^

Darwen have a town team.

But are we really going there? Don't want to fall out with you, Nick, you're one of the better folk I've been lucky enough to be acquainted with.

We'll fight for the team we have today first. We can fight for the team that replaces it if/when the time comes!

Why bother?

One less rower in the boat but there'll be plenty of others.

Just a lil naivety on your part there Stuart that everyone should jump upon a new club (that hopefully wont ever rear its head whilst Rovers 1875 continues to cling to life)..as pointed out a lot of Rovers supporters dont come under the banner as blackburners.

A lot of fans have an affinity to Rovers thats personal to them ...nothing to do with the town ...and nothing to do with you ...but the club. Not the town.

Worth remembering when singling out certain people ...

Just a lil naivety on your part there Stuart that everyone should jump upon a new club (that hopefully wont ever rear its head whilst Rovers 1875 continues to cling to life)..as pointed out a lot of Rovers supporters dont come under the banner as blackburners.

A lot of fans have an affinity to Rovers thats personal to them ...nothing to do with the town ...and nothing to do with you ...but the club. Not the town.

Worth remembering when singling out certain people ...

Those fans who don't care about the town. My home town. I have no time for. They will be the first ones off the scene if Venkys wind us up. Yet they are the most vocal "through thick and thin" types.

What Venkys have done to my home town club has shown the true colours of a few on here. "It's not about Blackburn". Well if it isn't then what's the point in any of this? People are free to go and support Accy or Chorley or one of the Manchester clubs at any time.

So so dispiriting. What exactly are we fighting for? A club that the Blackburn with Darwen and surrounding area can support and be proud of in the future? Or just clinging onto wistful memories of trophies and players from the past?

For me, the most important thing is to ferment and bottle what we have seen from the fans this last few days and create a stronger, more vibrant club - WITHOUT Venkys - whatever that takes. What I don't want is for that energy to simply disappear if the current club does fold.

I would hope people have a good think about that before they decide to respond because, and I'll reiterate again for those struggling, I would prefer Blackburn Rovers to survive but don't think that people should shuffle off and walk away if it doesn't. AFC Wimbledon fans managed it - and we have a much better platform than they did. They just really really wanted it.

Those fans who don't care about the town. My home town. I have no time for. They will be the first ones off the scene if Venkys wind us up. Yet they are the most vocal "through thick and thin" types.

What Venkys have done to my home town club has shown the true colours of a few on here. "It's not about Blackburn". Well if it isn't then what's the point in any of this? People are free to go and support Accy or Chorley or one of the Manchester clubs at any time.

What a load of tosh.

Its about a club that stretches far and wide ..nevermind making it all about me and my town. Its my club.

There are people on here who have a greater tie to BRFC than you could even dream of but have no ties to Blackburn as a town apart from Rovers.

For you to make out its "Blackburner" or nothing is pathetic.

Blackburn and Darwen ? Rovers is bigger than Blackburn and Darwen ..dont you forget it ..or are you dumbing down ..??

What a load of tosh.

Its about a club that stretches far and wide ..nevermind making it all about me and my town. Its my club.

There are people on here who have a greater tie to BRFC than you could even dream of but have no ties to Blackburn as a town apart from Rovers.

For you to make out its "Blackburner" or nothing is pathetic.

Blackburn and Darwen ? Rovers is bigger than Blackburn and Darwen ..dont you forget it ..or are you dumbing down ..??

Sorry but you are just plain wrong. Do you even understand the tribal nature of football? Did you even read my post? Do you just struggle generally?

If Rovers goes pop then by your logic we should just not bother having a town team in Blackburn at all, and we could all just go and support Burnley, Accy or Wigan.

Can't believe I'm even having to explain this to you. :rolleyes:

Blackburn Rovers still exists. When / if it is liquidated then we'll look to create a Rovers 1875 or suchlike. They'll play at Ewood Park in Blue and White halves.

Everyman and his dog will know that it's the same team (although legally it won't be). They'll also know that the previous club was destroyed by The FA, Agents and Venkys.

Until that point of liquidation it shouldn't be a topic for discussion IMO.

Blackburn Rovers still exists. When / if it is liquidated then we'll look to create a Rovers 1875 or suchlike. They'll play at Ewood Park in Blue and White halves.

Everyman and his dog will know that it's the same team (although legally it won't be). They'll also know that the previous club was destroyed by The FA, Agents and Venkys.

Until that point of liquidation it shouldn't be a topic for discussion IMO.

Agree completely. However, we are seeing what would happen in the event we were liquidated. No Blackburn club. Professional football discontinued due to lack of interest.

Mods can close the thread though for me.

Sorry but you are just plain wrong. Do you even understand the tribal nature of football? Did you even read my post? Do you just struggle generally?

If Rovers goes pop then by your logic we should just not bother having a town team in Blackburn at all, and we could all just go and support Burnley, Accy or Wigan.

Can't believe I'm even having to explain this to you. :rolleyes:

sigh shall i explain this to you ..??

You came out with the "blackburner" comment which instinctivly alienates a third of Rovers support.and consistently puts out the theory the out of towners will go follow elsewhere.Eh ?

I understand the tribal nature of football ..from getting on the bus in 81 from to Accy to watch Rovers just as i do now. but dont make out Rovers is a "Blackburn and Darwen (like how you included Darwen after a previous poster voiced concerns) " thing as youre trying to do.

Archived