BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Start A New Club?

There hasn't been a protest worthy of the name to date. That's not taking anything away from those who did protest, I was there myself for some of them. There should have been several thousand getting involved with pitch invasions and so on. But I digress.

What has happened since the documents were leaked is building nicely. Many are working hard on the social media side of things and there could be a variety of journalists from several publications ready to go to print once the legalities have been sorted.

The momentum has got to be maintained and I get the feeling that this time things will turn out differently. The last thing we want now is to talk about forming a new club. In the unlikely event that Venky's are still here in ten years, yes. But not now.

We will rid the club of these parasites, of that I have no doubt. Where there is money to be made easily, dark forces lurk under the surface, not just in football but in all walks of life. It will give me great pleasure, not only seeing Venky's depart but seeing the likes of Jerome Andersen and all his hangers on getting their just desserts. You can never fool proper football supporters, that has always been the case. We won't be fooled and we will win.

Well I certainly hope you are right. But if Venkys believed there was sufficient motivation to start a new club, they might work out that they should sort this one out or be left with an even bigger albatross around their necks.

So basically you'd support anything as long as it was in Blackburn? There are any number of clubs playing in Blackburn Stuart if that's what is important to you. I'm sure Feniscowles, Mill Hill etc. would welcome your support. Sadly, I have one club and that's the one I support one hundred per cent. No artificial replacement could ever take it's place no matter how well intentioned.

Look at AFC Wimbledon and Rangers. Doubt if their fans feel this way. Turning up to cheer on the lads won't solve this.

As a last resort it has to be in our thinking even if only for reasons of strategy.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I certainly hope you are right. But if Venkys believed there was sufficient motivation to start a new club, they might work out that they should sort this one out or be left with an even bigger albatross around their necks.

Look at AFC Wimbledon and Rangers. Doubt if their fans feel this way. Turning up to cheer on the lads won't solve this.

As a last resort it has to be in our thinking even if only for reasons of strategy.

We're neither Rangers nor Wimbledon.

As a last resort maybe but we're nowhere near yet.

Personally, I'm a Darwener, if BRFC died, if I needed a football fix, I'd be up Blacksnape with the dog on a Sunday morning. FC Rovers would not be for me. Each to their own though I understand that.

RTID.

Indeed. Keep getting told I'm missing the point in this thread but a big point I think a lot of people have missed (understandable given the ill-though out wording of the title) is that the idea is the re-formed club would be Blackburn Rovers.

As has been pointed out, Rovers is the fans, that's what the club is. So if there came a point where the majority of fans had decided Venkys has deformed the club into a grotesque remnant of its former self then that club would become as much Rovers as MK Dons is Wimbledon.

The new fan-created Rovers, the same club with the same fans but starting from the bottom again, would be the real Rovers. We might not have the actual trophies but the fans would talk of Rovers history as the re-formed Rovers history, they'd refer to the club's name as Blackburn Rovers despite the legal difference, the kit would be the same.

It'd be as much Blackburn Rovers as Accy Stanley is the old Accy Stanley, AFC Wimbledon is the old Wimbledon or Rangers is the old Rangers. So it wouldn't be abandoning anything, just refusing to be part of Venkys vanity project anymore.

Indeed. Keep getting told I'm missing the point in this thread but a big point I think a lot of people have missed (understandable given the ill-though out wording of the title) is that the idea is the re-formed club would be Blackburn Rovers.

As has been pointed out, Rovers is the fans, that's what the club is. So if there came a point where the majority of fans had decided Venkys has deformed the club into a grotesque remnant of its former self then that club would become as much Rovers as MK Dons is Wimbledon.

The new fan-created Rovers, the same club with the same fans but starting from the bottom again, would be the real Rovers. We might not have the actual trophies but the fans would talk of Rovers history as the re-formed Rovers history, they'd refer to the club's name as Blackburn Rovers despite the legal difference, the kit would be the same.

It'd be as much Blackburn Rovers as Accy Stanley is the old Accy Stanley, AFC Wimbledon is the old Wimbledon or Rangers is the old Rangers. So it wouldn't be abandoning anything, just refusing to be part of Venkys vanity project anymore.

I vehemently disagree but understand your viewpoint.

However, we are Blackburn Rovers; Accrington Stanley, Wimbledon, Rangers are not fit to be mentioned in the same breath.

Any recreation would not be the same club, don't kid yourself.

So basically you'd support anything as long as it was in Blackburn? There are any number of clubs playing in Blackburn Stuart if that's what is important to you. I'm sure Feniscowles, Mill Hill etc. would welcome your support. Sadly, I have one club and that's the one I support one hundred per cent. No artificial replacement could ever take it's place no matter how well intentioned.

IF Rovers went to the wall we would need another TOWN club. None of those you mention are that. Stop being obtuse.

Amazed that you would go and support Accrington or Chorley if Rovers ceased to exist.

Presumably Blackburn could just stop having a football club? Genuinely saddened. I though that somebody like you would have been around to help, not join another club.

It's getting others to take a step back and look at the concept. I'm in your corner on this one. Look at the bigger picture..

IF Rovers went to the wall we would need another TOWN club. None of those you mention are that. Stop being obtuse.

Amazed that you would go and support Accrington or Chorley if Rovers ceased to exist.

Presumably Blackburn could just stop having a football club? Genuinely saddened. I though that somebody like you would have been around to help, not join another club.

If Blackburn Rovers cease to exist then, as you say, they CEASE to EXIST. They are no more and nor is their history - it belongs to the club that has died. A new club starts afresh to build it's own history. Like the vast majority, I would mourn the loss of the Rovers and simply couldn't jump ship to another organisation playing at Pleasington or Griffin or the like simply because someone decided to call it Blackburn F.C. It's a theoretical discussion anyway as such a situation is unlikely to happen even under these owners. I have no doubt that at some point, when we have fallen sufficiently to make it not worth their while to own us that they will move on. It's rebuilding Blackburn Rovers that will be the focus of attention.

So you've never ever driven a car again once you sold your first one? ;)

Unless you're still driving it with one broken injector, a dodgy turbo, bald tyres, knackered suspension, and an oil leak the size of the english channel?

No you sold it because it was no longer fit for purpose............eg Blackburn Rovers FC.

History means nothing without a future

If Blackburn Rovers cease to exist then, as you say, they CEASE to EXIST. They are no more and nor is their history - it belongs to the club that has died. A new club starts afresh to build it's own history. Like the vast majority, I would mourn the loss of the Rovers and simply couldn't jump ship to another organisation playing at Pleasington or Griffin or the like simply because someone decided to call it Blackburn F.C. It's a theoretical discussion anyway as such a situation is unlikely to happen even under these owners. I have no doubt that at some point, when we have fallen sufficiently to make it not worth their while to own us that they will move on. It's rebuilding Blackburn Rovers that will be the focus of attention.

Sorry but calling a town team "another organisation" created by "someone" is insulting.

Option 1) Blackburn Rovers FC

Option 2) Blackburn NewCo FC - organised by Rovers fans (a la AFC Wimbledon)

Option 3) No football

If you prefer to change to support Accy or Chorley then that's your prerogative. But that makes you no Blackburner as far as I'm concerned.

• Moderation Lead

For me, this option should be the absolute last resort. I don't think I could support anything purporting to be a phoenix club of Rovers whilst the one playing at Ewood still exists. Irrespective of how much it has changed beyond recognition under the current ownership.

Similarly, I don't think I could ever switch allegiances either.

Sorry but calling a town team "another organisation" created by "someone" is insulting.

Option 1) Blackburn Rovers FC

Option 2) Blackburn NewCo FC - organised by Rovers fans (a la AFC Wimbledon)

Option 3) No football

If you prefer to change to support Accy or Chorley then that's your prerogative. But that makes you no Blackburner as far as I'm concerned.

That's your opinion and you're entitled to it. If you want to create another club good luck to you. As I said before, I'll stick to the one I support already thanks. The one that goes back to 1875 in Blackburn which makes me Blackburner enough for me thanks.

Feel free to start a new club Stuart. I'll stick with this one.

Good sound-byte.

But the supporters of Accy Stanley and Wimbledon don't see it that way. They support clubs that have been reborn. They are restarting a narrative and a history they feared had been lost to succeeding generations.

If a club called FC Rovers plays in our local area, in blue and white halves(this is non-negotiable!) with the same supporters and works its way through minor leagues back to the Football League and maybe even the Premiership, why would you turn your back on it?

It could even still play at Ewood, what else could anyone do with it? But even Jack seriously considered building a new stadium near the M6 at Salmsbury and many clubs have new grounds without their fans thinking the end has come.

As things currently look, fond memories are all we will have left.

What is the difference between the old Accy Stanley and the new one? Answer:none, fans see it as a continuation of the original club after a long interruption and with a future ahead of it.

It's an inspiring story, as is Wimbledon's and it could and should inspire us.

You are wedded to a legal entity called Blackburn Rovers which is owned overseas by people who never even visit it and who are running it into the ground. It's not the same club I grew up supporting. It's not our club anymore.

You are on the record many times as saying Venkys will never sell so what's the answer? Feed on old memories for the rest of your days? Have no club from the Blackburn community in the modern football era? You can't rebuild the existing club if Venkys or the taxman or whoever have closed it down without changing the name slightly. You would refuse to be part of this?

If a new club is formed,AS A LAST RESORT remember, it'll be me calling on you to support the club and get behind the lads.(FFS!)

This is not the time to contemplate a new club, wedded to a legal entity! balony, you wed the wife, you may have a girl friend or boy friend, all changeable. You don't swap and change football clubs unless your name is Vinjay.

The answer is to get rid of the cancer, it is early days in that fight.

We should all be on the same hymn sheet and not show signs of splits that the scum will exploit in very clever ways like they have been doing since they trapped up well before they took over.

Now is certainly not the time to attempt to get a new club going. But it is the time to think about whether it may be necessary one day.Depends what events throw up.

Accy Stanley didn't give up and we are bigger than them, still.

I personally would not see it as a new club. It is from a legal viewpoint but not from an emotional one. I'd see it as Rovers continuing

And football is about emotions.

Seems like its all very much down to perception.

Option A - Its Blackburn Rovers in all but name. Call it "Rovers FC", base it in Blackburn, and people will call it Blackburn Rovers anyway. Same kit, same badge as close as copyright allows. Maybe, as has been mentioned, one day even the same ground. The club is viewed as a continuation of pre-Venkys Rovers, so same history.

Option B - Its newco fc, a Darwen/Clitheroe equivalent that just happens to play in the same kit as Rovers (bit like Ewood Blues sunday team) but otherwise has little to do with Blackburn Rovers. No history, no intrinsic fanbase, no songs, plays on one of the pitches down at Pleasy (maybe that one where the ball ends up in the river every other match).

For it to work we'd need at least 50% of the fanbase to understand and believe in Option A. If its viewed as such, it would be as such.

The Rao's and Anderson will be sat round the table pissing them selves reading this thread.

saying the supporters are trying to split themselves without us even trying, job done.

Give your heads a wobble people, this is not the time

The Rao's and Anderson will be sat round the table pissing them selves reading this thread.

saying the supporters are trying to split themselves without us even trying, job done.

Give your heads a wobble people, this is not the time

Yoda, you're making it out as if they take time to even consider us mate... We're absolutely nothing to them, never given us single thought.

I'd be pissing myself at the various protest attempts except its not funny.

#VenkysOut

...................................................oh there's a surprise, nothing happened. What if a few thousand people do it. Nothing happens. What if they do it a lot. Nothing happens. What if people raise money for East Lancashire Hospice. The Hospice says thanks guys you're awesome, other people say well done guys your awesome. Regarding Venkys? Nothing happens.

Privately owned companies aren't the government, they literally couldn't give a rat's backside about people power when weighed against money. As long as Venkys think they can make money out of Rovers, the protests will do sweet FA. And they can, bleed us dry and run us into the ground and you can make some money out of a football league club, wait decades for a random PL season and then spend nothing that year and you could maybe make £50m in one season.

That's all Venkys care about now, whether squeezing Rovers for all its worth is a better option than jumping ship and riding the hefty blow that is our massive debt. The entire fanbase could spend the next year doing laps around the British coastline wearing illuminous green Borat mankinis and Mrs Desai wouldn't even interrupt her morning brew to read about it.

Its not funny because I know the people running these protests are really doing their best, but it is bloody pointless. Venkys will go when the financial situation dictates they should, and that's it.

Yoda, you're making it out as if they take time to even consider us mate... We're absolutely nothing to them, never given us single thought.

That is right, so the less numbers of opposition to think about makes their task of asset stripping even easier.

I find it strange, ney dodgy that a thread like this appeares when more and more documents are being leaked about how they go about their business.

I'd be pissing myself at the various protest attempts except its not funny.

#VenkysOut

...................................................oh there's a surprise, nothing happened. What if a few thousand people do it. Nothing happens. What if they do it a lot. Nothing happens. What if people raise money for East Lancashire Hospice. The Hospice says thanks guys you're awesome, other people say well done guys your awesome. Regarding Venkys? Nothing happens.

Privately owned companies aren't the government, they literally couldn't give a rat's backside about people power when weighed against money. As long as Venkys think they can make money out of Rovers, the protests will do sweet FA. And they can, bleed us dry and run us into the ground and you can make some money out of a football league club, wait decades for a random PL season and then spend nothing that year and you could maybe make £50m in one season.

That's all Venkys care about now, whether squeezing Rovers for all its worth is a better option than jumping ship and riding the hefty blow that is our massive debt. The entire fanbase could spend the next year doing laps around the British coastline wearing illuminous green Borat mankinis and Mrs Desai wouldn't even interrupt her morning brew to read about it.

Its not funny because I know the people running these protests are really doing their best, but it is bloody pointless. Venkys will go when the financial situation dictates they should, and that's it.

Sadly I think you're probably right unless someone can unearth some illegalities rather than stuff that just makes you want to throw up.

I, like thousands of others, live in hope.

That is right, so the less numbers of opposition to think about makes their task of asset stripping even easier.

I find it strange, ney dodgy that a thread like this appeares when more and more documents are being leaked about how they go about their business.

I have no idea what you mean by this. If you think I'm " dodgy" I honestly don't know what to say to you except you are very wrong.

There is no fans split here. I'll just speak for myself, this is a concept that could well be necessary but hopefully not.

If it does become necessary we have examples, one very close, where it has succeeded. If you don't ever want to sign up to it, fair enough. But, if the worst comes to the worst, plenty will. And to use your argument, the more who do, the more likely it would be to succeed.

Someone once said "there is nothing so powerful as an idea whose time has come."

It isn't time yet and may never be, but that shouldn't stop us discussing it. I'll leave it there for a year or two.

Archived