BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers V Burnley Premier League Cup

MCMC1875

A convincing win which ought to have been by a substantial margin. Pope kept them in the game but Mansell really should have done better with a number of chances. Nyambe and Doyle were outstandng at full-back whilst Hardcastle and Tomlinson controlled the midfield. A six or seven goal margin would have been no more than we deserved - such was the gulf between the sides.

Always nice to beat them at any level.

We looked a class above them and the scoreline doesn't reflect how dominant we were.

I like the fact we have youngsters that are prepared to run forwards with the ball from midfield, unlike the static first teamers.

Got me in a good mood ready for the trip to Birmingham.

A convincing win which ought to have been by a substantial margin. Pope kept them in the game but Mansell really should have done better with a number of chances. Nyambe and Doyle were outstandng at full-back whilst Hardcastle and Tomlinson controlled the midfield. A six or seven goal margin would have been no more than we deserved - such was the gulf between the sides.

Any of them looking ready for 1st team action? Could do with the likes of Nyambe and Mahoney challenging at RB and RW.

Mansell had some great chances to score. haven't seen that many one on one missed during one game.

I thought Doyle and Hardcastle were outstanding. lost count of how many runs forward Doyle made. Hardcastle was getting forward, making tackles, closing down and high work rate.

I would like to see both of them in the 1st team

Also I was very impressed by Johnson and Dunn as management team and their way they kept talking about the game and encouraging the players. I could hear most things that they were saying by being next to dugout

Any of them looking ready for 1st team action? Could do with the likes of Nyambe and Mahoney challenging at RB and RW.

Mahoney needs to learn not to keep over dribbling and play it simple.

I think Doyle could be challenging the left back spot by the end of the season IMO, he is better than Hendrie

Johnson and Dunn...

I did tweet that I can see them both being in charge of a first team soon(18 months), as I was impressed by both and hopefully they can produce a couple of players for the first team quality by end of the season

Archived