BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Forthightly Bin Collection

Just got the letter saying starting....erm immediately...your bin collection is fortnightly instead of weekly.

Don't worry you can fill in this online form about your life history and get a bigger bin.

Your new bin will be delivered in 6-8 weeks. WTF

This is gonna be fun.

Just got the letter saying starting....erm immediately...your bin collection is fortnightly instead of weekly.

Don't worry you can fill in this online form about your life history and get a bigger bin.

Your new bin will be delivered in 6-8 weeks. WTF

This is gonna be fun.

Brilliant logic by the council. They'll be fining people next for over filling their bins.

• Moderation Lead

I've been on fortnightly bin/recycling collections for ages (Hyndburn). I don't find it too bad tbh.

Though granted, I'd expect them to provide you with What you need ahead of the change....

In my first house...23 years ago...I ripped out an old fireplace. Heavy rascal it was. I put it in the wheelie bin. Granted split over 3 weeks. You couldn't move the bin.

How times have changed.

We have had fortnightly collections and wheelie bins in South Ribble for years now - absolutely no problem at all. Most of the time we could manage with four weekly collections to be honest, although there are only two of us at home most of the time.

We have had fortnightly collections and wheelie bins in South Ribble for years now - absolutely no problem at all. Most of the time we could manage with four weekly collections to be honest, although there are only two of us at home most of the time.

Wish that was the case for me - nappy bags galore!

• Backroom

Problem being in blackburn the regular rubbish bin is a fair bit smaller than a usual wheelie, if you have 4 people living there you can apply for a regular sized one though

We are the same and have the small sized bins as well - both are usually half full after a fortnight. The green normally contains nothing but packaging which winds me up no end. We recycle virtually everything. On the otherhand when we were raising three kids it would have been difficult.

Without getting all political about it there is only one reason - government cuts.

We are the same and have the small sized bins as well - both are usually half full after a fortnight. The green normally contains nothing but packaging which winds me up no end. We recycle virtually everything. On the otherhand when we were raising three kids it would have been difficult.

Without getting all political about it there is only one reason - government cuts.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-lancashire-35471136

And plans to charge YOU to make THEM money from compost too.

• Moderation Lead

I'll bet the home counties aren't suffering budget cuts.....

Just like we're rocking 1970s rolling stock for our trains up here, but no worries, London can have billions in funding for cross-rail to go alongside their existing underground system that's better than any other city's transport system!

(Apologies for going slightly off topic!!)

Only been in Northwich for a year or so but our fortnightly collection works without problem. Two big bins (three quarters the size of those in Darwen) for garden waste and general waste and two small box type bins, one for paper and cardboard, the other for plastics.

The council down here seems awash with money. Last winter, I saw the gritters out loads of times. It never snows and if they see a milligram of frost (highly unlikely) they sh!t themselves.

Peover, just outside Knutsford

Our daughter was married at Colshaw Hall in 2014 to our now son in law from Northwich. That's why we decided to move down here. A lovely part of the world and Knutsford's a bonny place as well.

Where you bin ?

Where you really bin

Completely lost me on that one pal!

Our daughter was married at Colshaw Hall in 2014 to our now son in law from Northwich. That's why we decided to move down here. A lovely part of the world and Knutsford's a bonny place as well.

Completely lost me on that one pal!

Yes it is a nice part of the world and a good rural environment to work in. Personally I prefer Lancashire as we have such easy access to both urban and rural life. I've no doubt Cheshire can be the same but I've only worked there not lived. Expensive place.

Archived