BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rule Book: Administration Deadline

Stuart

No real topic to post this in but I thought it a useful detail.

EFL rules for points deductions applicability are:

12.3.3 Subject to the provisions of Regulation 12.3.4 below, where the Club becomes subject to or suffers an Insolvency Event, or the Board impose a deduction in accordance with Regulation 12.3.2:

(a.) during the Normal Playing Season but prior to 5.00pm on the fourth Thursday in March, the points deduction shall apply immediately;

(b.) during the Normal Playing Season but after 5.00pm on the fourth Thursday in March, Regulation 12.3.4 shall apply; and

(c.) outside the Normal Playing Season, the points deduction shall apply in respect of the following Season such that the Club starts that Season on minus 12 points (including in the National League if appropriate).

http://www.efl.com/global/section3.aspx

The fourth Thursday in March falls early this year - 23rd. These muppets will probably send the fax at 5:30pm... :rolleyes:

Something has to happen first :-). I'm 100% sure they (Venkys) would not give a flying about when it was triggered and when points where deducted. In fact if you read some of the threads from here you may come to concusion that they would rather us take the points deduction next season out of spite.

You would have to asume if it did come to this the imcumbants would be out of a job anyway so why would they care either.

Anyway nothing has happened and we have had these stories before. They will be gone one day but only when they are either forced (none payment etc) or choose to go.

Wonder if the bookies will pay out if we get a points deduction that guarantees another succesful relegation campaign?

Obviously talking about the legal bookies, not the illegal ones in places like India etc they just send the boys round with cattle prods and iron bars to collect their ill gotten gains.

They have so much dirt clinging to them that I do not believe they will dare lose control by putting Rovers into administration.

They may have no choice if Balaji is in sole control, as it appears he does not have the funds to continue.

They may have no choice if Balaji is in sole control, as it appears he does not have the funds to continue.

I'm still not sure of the rules - after all this time but can anyone (Philipl?) comfirn they could liquidate the business without calling in an administrator? I.e. No more club, so no points deduction necessary?

I expect their league share would be offered to an extra L1 side to get promoted and ripple down the divisions to fill the hole. Not sure if a Phoenix Rovers side could take up that league share in L2 (of the EFL). I'm thinking more like Hereford that Portsmouth?

Genuinely think Venkys (whoever is left to run the show) will just about keep it ticking over until the end of the season and condemn us to league 1 on -15 points to start next season, basically putting us in league 2.

Whenever we think we are at rock bottom, Venkys pull another rabbit out of the hat and make it twice as bad. That's the only thing Venkys are actually good at.

I'm still not sure of the rules - after all this time but can anyone (Philipl?) comfirn they could liquidate the business without calling in an administrator? I.e. No more club, so no points deduction necessary?

I expect their league share would be offered to an extra L1 side to get promoted and ripple down the divisions to fill the hole. Not sure if a Phoenix Rovers side could take up that league share in L2 (of the EFL). I'm thinking more like Hereford that Portsmouth?

If liquidated we'd be in a Darlington or Hereford situation and not a Glasgow Rangers one which was very unprecedented due to the lower league clubs wanting cash from gate receipts

• Backroom

Genuinely think Venkys (whoever is left to run the show) will just about keep it ticking over until the end of the season and condemn us to league 1 on -15 points to start next season, basically putting us in league 2.

Whenever we think we are at rock bottom, Venkys pull another rabbit out of the hat and make it twice as bad. That's the only thing Venkys are actually good at.

Agreed, it'll either be this or they'll try to end the club entirely. It's pretty much always worst case scenario when it comes to this lot.

They have so much dirt clinging to them that I do not believe they will dare lose control by putting Rovers into administration.

Agree. No other reason to keep us. Success? Putting things right? Not a bit of it. And even they can't ignore/not be affected by the losses so not noticed Rovers isn't a reason either.

has big barry not got form for admining a business..............

we all no the other scenario and I don't mean holding onto us

I think they would try and liquidate us rather than put us in administration.

Are there any rules in place for liquidation? I know it's there club but surely they couldn't just shut up shop and ride off into the sunset pretending nothing ever happened?

Are there any rules in place for liquidation? I know it's there club but surely they couldn't just shut up shop and ride off into the sunset pretending nothing ever happened?

Well the big "debt" is in the form of shares held by the Venky's, the other external debt was about £20+ million or so, now how much have we had in over the last 2 seasons?

If we are looking like getting relegated they will put us in before the deadline to take the hit this year.

Best I've heard... They've not got the brains for that.

Depends who owns the "Goldenshare"

See Rangers as the example of liquidation and Sevco Scotland Ltd being the phoenix.

Still the same club technically.

Archived