BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Question for The Action Group

Baggie192

Hello, forgive an outsider asking this but Dunnfc gave me a couple of links to read. I haven't read it all but what I have is horrifying. My question is  has Ewood been registered as an "Asset of Community Value"? it's my understanding that doing that protects from being sold by the Rao's. Please forgive me if I'm mstaken by this and you truly have my sympathies. As I've only ever been to Blackburn twice, but, it struck me that Ewood was the heart of the town

Hi Baggie, Ewood is a ACV and i believe there is some legal convents in the Training ground at CAT 1 academy. Still hasn't stopped some of the rumors that they are trying the best to sell/mortgage it etc.

Mark Fish and Paul Keogh including Ossy from the Trust will be able to advise you allot more in depth about than me though!

47 minutes ago, Baggie192 said:

Hello, forgive an outsider asking this but Dunnfc gave me a couple of links to read. I haven't read it all but what I have is horrifying. My question is  has Ewood been registered as an "Asset of Community Value"? it's my understanding that doing that protects from being sold by the Rao's. Please forgive me if I'm mstaken by this and you truly have my sympathies. As I've only ever been to Blackburn twice, but, it struck me that Ewood was the heart of the town

Ewood is covered by an ACV which I obtained about 3 years ago. I think it renews August 2018. 

As Paul says, I know this was double checked recently and August 2018 sounds about right from memory.

Unfortunately, the land Ewood Park is on isn't worth that much, especially when you consider the cost for knocking it down. The training ground at Brockhall however is valued at 1.5m per acre - and Rovers own lots of land down there, including 'spare' land which currently isnt being used after Hughes switched the seniors and academy around.

Could someone ask if we can actually sign players next summer at a time that would allow them the pre-season to settle in. 

We seem to do things later than everyone else(Ambrose being case and point). I appreciate a lot of transfers happen on deadline day and that is fine, but there are gaping areas in our squad that we should be looking to recruit for as soon as possible. 

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Could someone ask if we can actually sign players next summer at a time that would allow them the pre-season to settle in. 

We seem to do things later than everyone else(Ambrose being case and point). I appreciate a lot of transfers happen on deadline day and that is fine, but there are gaping areas in our squad that we should be looking to recruit for as soon as possible. 

Should that not be can we sell / release players as early as possible to allow the cheaper alternatives to be brought in for pre-season? Although I am pretty sure Swiss Tony will have the first bit covered

3 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I can confirm, that Cheston has told us there will be more cuts.

lets not get unrealistic of the situation.

Archived