BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Most unusual football ground visited

17 hours ago, philipl said:

Iran won 1-0. She's just sent me a video from the Chinese supporters end and the ground is virtually full (78,000) and the wall of noise is amazing.

Good thread topic philipl generating lots of interesting posts.

Sorry that your wifes team lost.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

She had a fantastic time and had a great party afterwards with the Chinese community in Tehran.

China are effectively out of it now despite all three remaining games being winnable. Uzbekistan still have a home game against whipping boys Qatar so that should see them through to the play off which is likely to be against Australia.

Lippi hasn't worked enough magic on China.

I recall going to see Rovers at Halifax to be amazed they had no gates and fans were just walking in.

It took me 10 minutes to realise that some silly boys from Blackburn had removed them.

I also recall going to Mypia (spelling?) in Finland to watch Rovers win 0-1.  I had a little play in the goal mouth 3 hours before the game to then be interviewed by Sky TV.   The ground was in the middle on nowhere with only one bar and about 20 residents......it reminded me of the David Attenborough programme 'Lost Planet', especially when I bumped into Jordan* who had been on the lash.

* the male version who used to frequent this MB rather than the female one with big t**s (although I am sure 'our' Jordan could challenge her when it came to bust sizes).

Would probably have to be the Rheinpark stadium in Liechtenstein when the Scottish national team played them in 2011. Home of FC Vaduz.

The ground wasn't too unusual but it's location was. Just at the bottom of a group of mountains, of which our hotel was halfway up. Looked like we'd be snowed in on the morning of the game but somehow managed to get the bus down it eventually.

220.jpg

170.jpg

7 hours ago, Roving Mick said:

Scary walking from the stadium through this park in the dark after the match and then getting back to the railway station for an overnight train to Greece.  Definitely needed our wits about us.

I was fortunate enough to fly back with the team that night. Our coach from the stadium, was literally surrounded by police who had to do that to stop the locals from attacking us. I can genuinely say that I admire anyone who walked out of the ground under their own steam, as it must have been like walking though hell.

I haven't been to that many different stadiums, but each time I do, it always reminds me how lucky we are to have Ewood Park. What a quality stadium we have. Not done on the cheap, and very plush in the concourses compared to other farmers' market, IKEA flat-pack stadiums built after ours was.

I think Goodison Park is probably the most mis-shaped but characterful ground I've visited, though. It may not be on the "obscure" list, but the old paddock stand where the away fans go seems like a bit of trip back in time. The concourse is totally solid and like an old London Underground station. Bits of random corridors/tunnels leading to other parts and toilets, etc. The stadium itself is totally mismatched, but I much prefer this sort of thing than the Etihad.

1 hour ago, 1arC said:

I was fortunate enough to fly back with the team that night. Our coach from the stadium, was literally surrounded by police who had to do that to stop the locals from attacking us. I can genuinely say that I admire anyone who walked out of the ground under their own steam, as it must have been like walking though hell.

It was, that was after having a bottle whistle past my ear whilst still in the ground.  Enclosed is my account of the CSKA Sofia trip from my book 'Itching After Rovers'.

CSKA Sofia UEFA Cup.docx

Just now, Roving Mick said:

It was, that was after having a bottle whistle past my ear whilst still in the ground.  Enclosed is my account of the CSKA Sofia trip from my book 'Itching After Rovers'.

CSKA Sofia UEFA Cup.docx

This showed up when I clicked the link....

Sorry, there is a problem

The page you are trying to access is not available for your account.

Error code: 2C171/1

As a Bulgarian i have been to that stadium a few times and as i support neither CSKA nor Levski, i can say that there is that strange feeling that i may get attacked just like that - for no reason. I dont know, may be because i have never been a supporter of CSKA, i have always felt not welcome there.

Have to say that nowadays its even worse, because all the people who are still going to football games are just retards or like ultra deathcore fans/hooligans so @#/? that football and the country as a whole are ruled by corruption that wanna pour all their anger upon whatever and whoever

49 minutes ago, Roving Mick said:

Sorry again Wolfie.  Unfortunately it's beyond my technical capabilities.

I see that you can attach a file of up to 9.77MB to your site profile but dont know if viewers of your profile could access it. Admin on here could help.

Is there a sample on Smashwords website?

Looks like it could be a good read from what you've put on this site already.

Good luck.

21 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

I see that you can attach a file of up to 9.77MB to your site profile but dont know if viewers of your profile could access it. Admin on here could help.

Is there a sample on Smashwords website?

Looks like it could be a good read from what you've put on this site already.

Good luck.

Thanks AllRoverAsia.  I've takem your advice and tried attaching the PDF tp my profile.  Hopefully it will work this time.

Played at Estonias national stadium on a trip for a mates 50th last year.

You can just book to play there.

Mad 11 a side game with about 6 construction workers idly watching overweight Brits pretending they've 'still got it'..

pre match hydration didn t help.

A mad day.

11 hours ago, Roving Mick said:

It works!  Go in my profile then About Me and it can be downloaded or opened.  Thank you very much.:D

Good read, worth the wait :)

• 4 weeks later...

Archived