[Archived] Election called for 8th June

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, chaddyrovers said:

9.9 of GDP

the figures I used are from the OBR

So not 18%?

9.9% and a lot lower than comparative countries, and falling every year under the Tories. 

Tories pledges

http://dailym.ai/2oWDqfS

Paul Ryan says US ready to forge bilateral trade deal with Britain http://dailym.ai/2pSvE3U @MailOnline

Theresa May agree to BBC Question time type of debate     http://dailym.ai/2oUaWn1 @MailOnline

One of those no debate type of debates? Maybe the Tories will be able to plant party members in the studio audience again, like they did at the last election?

Just now, Baz said:

So not 18%?

9.9% and a lot lower than comparative countries, and falling every year under the Tories. 

Yes 18% of the budget basing of the OBR figures. 149 billions is the health budget of 802 billion pounds budget. If it was 10% its would 80.2 billion would it. So it roughly 18% of the overall UK budget like I said

Yes 18% of the budget basing of the OBR figures. 149 billions is the health budget of 802 billion pounds budget. If it was 10% its would 80.2 billion would it. So it roughly 18% of the overall UK budget like I said

Link ? 

I thought that the new forum would ruin ICBINF. Turns out I was completely wrong. A snap general election and the introduction of Chaddy? Gold. I love it. This thread could well become history making. 

IMG_2394.JPG

OK sorry, I thought you where using the % of GDP figure, which is generally the standard used in discussion.

What makes you think the falls under the Tories will change to investment, given their released spending plans show continued reduction?

Just now, Baz said:

OK sorry, I thought you where using the % of GDP figure, which is generally the standard used in discussion.

What makes you think the falls under the Tories will change to investment, given their released spending plans show continued reduction?

Investments over the past 7 years have happened. Ive explained why no party will increase taxes and be honest.

Labour want to spend billions of pounds without no idea how to pay for it. 

How much more money can we keep adding to the national debt? 

I hardly think the figures are worth worrying about, when we concentrate on such promises or expectation, we end up with busses painted with lies.

Its what we get for our money. Chaddy, you're talking "likely" about an academy aren't you, as in the school? Are more academy's and grammar schools the answer? More funding for selective schools, commercial FE tagged on to make them profit making within so many years? It doesn't work, spending more money on specific school... specific to what agenda? The NHS and education are just two examples, there are countless reasons beyond them two that link directly to the main problem with voting for a Conservative government:

Austerity. We pay more now for less than ten years ago. Pray tell, when considering the future and others around, how can anyone justify a vote for people we can judge by poor actions? 

The figures are clear to see. 18% of the budget is spend on Health. Nobody can complained about it

Yes, but the UK with the NHS is different, as most other countries have a mix of healthcare spending by both state and individual - so the UK budget looks unusually higher spending, that's why gdp is a better indicator between countries and used as the standard.

Investments over the past 7 years have happened. Ive explained why no party will increase taxes and be honest.

Labour want to spend billions of pounds without no idea how to pay for it. 

How much more money can we keep adding to the national debt? 

Use your own logic re honesty on the Tories and it's the same result. We have a standard of living in this country and a tax regime that doesn't support it. 

With the Tories the people who will be squeezed to try and narrow the gap are the poorest in society, with labour it's the richest. 

There's a recent poll saying 49% of people would support a small increase in tax to support the NHS, but also 75% of people think the government needs to do more on corporate tax avoidance. Both are sensible in my opinion, I'm guessing we won't see either at the election.

Tories are polling 48% Labour at 24%

https://www.fxstreet.com/news/uk-times-yougov-poll-apr-18-19-conservatives-48-labour-24-201704192126#utm_source=tco&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=fxstreetnews

JBizzle, yes it an Academy. Are these the future? Its down to all parents to decide. 

Den, on Whether all 46 million people who could vote. If people didnt vote that isnt my fault. I only voted. I believe its right thing to do. The majority of the people who voted for Brexit. The vote is done. People who voted should be respect and lets get on with leaving the EU. I think there will be other countries in the next 10 years who will the EU.

Baz, I would support any small tax increase if it to be spend on Health or Education sectors but no MP will mention tax increase on the working class during this election

The figures are clear to see. 18% of the budget is spend on Health. Nobody can complained about it

You're quoting the wrong figures - as has been pointed out by others. . 

JBizzle, yes it an Academy. Are these the future? Its down to all parents to decide. 

The point is all parents don't get that choice. Data isn't available to prove the success of academy's at this point, but it is not difficult to see why education for profit schemes might not be in the best interests of the majority. 

This government has no interest in improving education system for the majority. They are hell bent on creating a system that is not inclusive, talking this back to industry - why do we struggle to find professionals in this country? Fifty thousand very good reasons not to spend 4 years at university. 

Out of interest Chaddy, what results would you score on this? 

http://uk.isidewith.com/results/3074122897

I "left" my results!

8 hours ago, Gav said:

The pay at ground level as atrocious John, nurses, midwives, porters, paramedics, nursing assistants, the pay is abysmal for what they do, the abuse they get and level of responsibility.

£24k for a newly qualified nurse and an excellent pension scheme. There are very many workers less well off.

31 minutes ago, JohnD said:

£24k for a newly qualified nurse and an excellent pension scheme. There are very many workers less well off.

Of course there are, but they aren't generally degree qualified, and who hold people's lives in the balance on a daily basis. 

7 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

You're quoting the wrong figures - as has been pointed out by others. . 

I'm quoting the right figures as these are correct figures. You were saying it was 5  or 6 of GDP when actually it was 9.9%

7 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

Will leave ? And who will they be? 

I guess we will see. Other countries will look at Britain and want to follow us.

7 hours ago, Jbizzle said:

The point is all parents don't get that choice. Data isn't available to prove the success of academy's at this point, but it is not difficult to see why education for profit schemes might not be in the best interests of the majority. 

This government has no interest in improving education system for the majority. They are hell bent on creating a system that is not inclusive, talking this back to industry - why do we struggle to find professionals in this country? Fifty thousand very good reasons not to spend 4 years at university. 

Out of interest Chaddy, what results would you score on this? 

http://uk.isidewith.com/results/3074122897

I "left" my results!

Ive took the quiz and I agree with 72% of conservatives

Archived