BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] News Article -> Mowbray Resigned to Losing Mahoney

On 26/05/2017 at 20:18, north_ender said:

Some of our fans still think we're interested but if someone has offered him 8k per week (surely not given his age, lack of experience etc.?) then I doubt it's us.

I hear North End about to announce first signing.

Watch this space I guess..

2 hours ago, Brownpants18 said:

I hear North End about to announce first signing.

Watch this space I guess..

Yes that was in the LEP this morning.

We've supposedly agreed a deal to sign Sean Maguire from Cork City though so it might be him rather than Mahoney.

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Yeah I'd have liked to boot a few of them.

His record with money was virtually 100 percent.

freebies some were nominal outgoings like petshi, some made money like koita and some provided experience like varney, some were key like kilgallon who we should have kept knowing we were selling both Duffy and Hanley. He's better than a Lenihan or Greer.

some were just @#/? like delfouneso but what can you do when your reduced to scrapping around.

16 hours ago, Dunnfc said:

freebies some were nominal outgoings like petshi, some made money like koita and some provided experience like varney, some were key like kilgallon who we should have kept knowing we were selling both Duffy and Hanley. He's better than a Lenihan or Greer.

some were just @#/? like delfouneso but what can you do when your reduced to scrapping around.

Lets not forget he did have money to play with for what at least six transfer windows, in my opinion Bowyer had the best opportunity to get us at least the playoffs, he couldn't do it,  Looking at Mowbarys record so far with a team 100% less skillful than what Bowyer had, i reckon he would have easily got that team we had into the playoffs, But it's all if's and buts,  all gone,  so we start again.

Egyptian Pete...

All gone, we start again......... in league 1.

giving an academy coach the gig because apparently "he deserved a chance",  rather than advertising the vacancy or approaching other more experienced managers failed to arrest the decline either on the field or financially. It's a part of the reason why we are here.

• Like 5

16 hours ago, Dunnfc said:

Delfuenso! If that wasn't a dodgy agent deal, what was it? He had nothing! Reached that conclusion in his first game in his first game, never seen a worse debut and was told on here to"give him a chance"!

Couldn't even make Blackpool's starting line-up in the League 2 final!! If Bowyer is such a great spotter of players, what possible excuse has he for that one? Were we still in the hands of agents? Over to Jal!

13 hours ago, 47er said:

Delfuenso! If that wasn't a dodgy agent deal, what was it? He had nothing! Reached that conclusion in his first game in his first game, never seen a worse debut and was told on here to"give him a chance"!

Couldn't even make Blackpool's starting line-up in the League 2 final!! If Bowyer is such a great spotter of players, what possible excuse has he for that one? Were we still in the hands of agents? Over to Jal!

I think of all of the strikers Bowyer signed, only Gestede actually scored a league goal.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.