BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] coaching staff changes

42 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Possibly but if that is the case the timing is incredibly bad as a new season is about to start.

Agree Arbitro. The one thing that s pretty constant on here is that people in those kind of positions only tend to leave because things aren't right. The Academy looks in a world of trouble here with no coaches , Cat 1 status in the balance etc etc. If V's really do let this descend into their usual mess then its arguably the most significant act of destruction to a JW legacy other than sending us from PL to League 1.

The Academy was to be our lifeblood especially now we don't have a pot to p1ss in transfer wise. This is not good news people and going with immediate effect whilst the rest of the Club are in Austria smacks of something happening far quicker than planned. This Club never stops achieving new lows and this could well be another one.

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Suhail Slayer said:

Has he been made redundant ?

Sounds like it to me.

First of many I expect.

What redundancies? 

The manager is being allow to spend money.on players. Despite you saying it wouldnt happen. We are league biggest spending btw. 

Elton John concert went ahead and was well attend. 

Mowbray still here

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I think its Tony Mowbray wanting to change the academy manager and bring in his own man to run it. 

Maybe Mowbray thinks the academy should be bring through more players considering the money we spent on Cat A status. 

What makes you think this?

8 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

What redundancies? 

The manager is being allow to spend money.on players. Despite you saying it wouldnt happen. We are league biggest spending btw. 

Mowbray still here

Redundancy was talked of by Senior I think at the tail end. Suhail is only drawing conclusion that 256 people employed is a substantial amount for a league one side and average. Invariably with a loss of income on the horizon there will be collateral damage such as redundancy 

3 minutes ago, john.leigh said:

Very strong rumour knocking around that Jason Wilcox is about to make a 'major appointment' at Man City's academy.

See the MEN website

Maybe, just maybe Kinder has been offered a better job?

Wouldn't that disappoint all the 'end of the world' predictors on here????

Goes a little further though as the topic of the thread suggests. David Lowe, Dunn,Benson all promoted to replace experienced FT staff, I think Rush might have been promoted to replace Neville. All seems to point back to last summer in which Cheston wanted his managers being interviewed to work with existing staff which at the time appeared due to cost constraints so I'd be inclined to think that angle is rather prevelent.

6 minutes ago, Suhail Slayer said:

Venkys still here

Suhail still here

Cheston still here

Unsure how many points Elton will get us this season but you are very welcome to keep bringing him up if it keeps your mind off the real issues.

I stood on the deck. The beautifully clean deckchairs were arranged in neat rows. What's not to like?

56 minutes ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

I stood on the deck. The beautifully clean deckchairs were arranged in neat rows. What's not to like?

"The boy stood on the burning deck 
Whence all but he had fled; 
The flame that lit the Rovers wreck 
Shone round him o'er the dead.
Yet beautiful and bright he stood, 
As born to rule the storm; 
A creature of heroic blood, 
A proud, though childlike form."

* Only one word changed above from the original poem. There are many alternative versions of 'Casabianca', few of which can be shown on a public MB :)

16 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

"The boy stood on the burning deck 
Whence all but he had fled; 
The flame that lit the Rovers wreck 
Shone round him o'er the dead.
Yet beautiful and bright he stood, 
As born to rule the storm; 
A creature of heroic blood, 
A proud, though childlike form."

* Only one word changed above from the original poem. There are many alternative versions of 'Casabianca', few of which can be shown on a public MB :)

Blimey,I remember learning that by heart many moons ago.

I was thinking more of the famous White Star passenger liner, that set off with a fire in the hold (known to the owners) ) only a handful of lifeboats(known to the owners) and eventually hit an iceberg.

I always preferred the Kenneth More version to the DiCaprio thing...

5 minutes ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

Blimey,I remember learning that by heart many moons ago.

I was thinking more of the famous White Star passenger liner, that set off with a fire in the hold (known to the owners) ) only a handful of lifeboats(known to the owners) and eventually hit an iceberg.

I always preferred the Kenneth More version to the DiCaprio thing...

'A Night to Remember" is on youtube :rolleyes:

2 hours ago, john.leigh said:

Very strong rumour knocking around that Jason Wilcox is about to make a 'major appointment' at Man City's academy.

See the MEN website

Maybe, just maybe Kinder has been offered a better job?

Wouldn't that disappoint all the 'end of the world' predictors on here????

This wouldn't surprise me....Wilcox has just been promoted at City to Academy Manager....he will need his hand holding over the next 12 months or so as there is a lot to this role and coaching isn't one of them it involves a lot of meetings and admin etc.....something Wilcox won't be used to but Kinder is....and they know each other

just my opinion btw

2 hours ago, Suhail Slayer said:

Venkys still here

Suhail still here

Cheston still here

Unsure how many points Elton will get us this season but you are very welcome to keep bringing him up if it keeps your mind off the real issues.

always expected Venkys to be here this season and I like I've said for a while they will leave when they choose and boycotting games wont work.

You said that Elton John's concert wouldn't happened and but like other things you have said you have been wrong

2 hours ago, Suhail Slayer said:

I have said all along that I expect 16 out and 6 in. Even Chaddy should be able to confirm that.

I have never said once there will be no cash signings.

The timing of the ins and outs are simply club strategy based on the ABSOLUTE NECESSITY to maximise ST sales due to the immediate need for cash.

Still on track for my prediction of 16 out and 6 in. i.e. net trading minus 10. we are currently minus 8.

The squad will be worse this season than last season, when we were relegated. Our manager was bottom of the league when he last managed in the third division.

The top point yes you did, but looking like you are going to be wrong. You did say that Whittingham wouldn't sign here and he did tho.

2 hours ago, Dunnfc said:

Goes a little further though as the topic of the thread suggests. David Lowe, Dunn,Benson all promoted to replace experienced FT staff, I think Rush might have been promoted to replace Neville. All seems to point back to last summer in which Cheston wanted his managers being interviewed to work with existing staff which at the time appeared due to cost constraints so I'd be inclined to think that angle is rather prevelent.

Lowe was Mowbray number 2 last season but now is first team coach this season. Ben Benson has been appointed full time as GK coach this season after all the good work he did with Raya and Fisher. Dunn back to the Under 23's number 2. I expect a new fitness coach to come in and they might even be one in Austria at this minute.

3 hours ago, Dunnfc said:

Redundancy was talked of by Senior I think at the tail end. Suhail is only drawing conclusion that 256 people employed is a substantial amount for a league one side and average. Invariably with a loss of income on the horizon there will be collateral damage such as redundancy 

loss of income but as A club we have bought 1 player for cash and set to sign another one which will make us spend over 1 million this season. Doesn't sounds like Cutbacks to me?

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

What redundancies? 

Mowbray still here

From a current member of staff im told that the club will be run as a league one structure with far less staff.  Looks like the academy is being hit.

Share Tony Mowbray's thoughts in that it's the first team that really matters especially when you've no money to pull in the best youngsters.

47 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Lowe was Mowbray number 2 last season but now is first team coach this season. Ben Benson has been appointed full time as GK coach this season after all the good work he did with Raya and Fisher. Dunn back to the Under 23's number 2. I expect a new fitness coach to come in and they might even be one in Austria at this minute.

loss of income but as A club we have bought 1 player for cash and set to sign another one which will make us spend over 1 million this season. Doesn't sounds like Cutbacks to me?

Doesn’t really matter too much that 1 million has been spent, we also have no idea if indeed how these fees were paid, by that I refer to true footballing fashion that monies relating to fees are usually paid/amortised over the period/length of a player’s contract, not necessarily down paid “Upfront”. Football has generally in this regard its own accounting rules.

Transfer fees in L1 additionally can be made and be exempt from the Salary protocol rules of FFP as losses are not analysed on losses but turnover. This is why one positive of relegation is the ability to rehaul the squad if you have the direct investment “Cash Outlays”. The fact we are signing players is due to the business/club needs and what numbers we were left with (12). When you review how much has been recovered already on player salaries of the summer departures (Table Below: Before taxes, securities and Pensions), when you factor in staff and possible transfer fees about to be received and further wage deductions from the roster, a million spent can easily be offset by the potential decrease in liabilities falling and the fact we will have by L1 standards a higher turnover than most next year (Circa 10million) though I realise our fixed costs (10.5 million (inc most of the 247 staff ex players/management) far outweigh the norm of others too.

Lowe

£   20,000.00

£    1,040,000.00

Henley

£   15,000.00

£       780,000.00

Guthrie

£     8,500.00

£       442,000.00

Akpan

£     8,500.00

£       442,000.00

Howarth

£     1,000.00

£         52,000.00

Mahoney

£     1,300.00

£         67,600.00

Greer

£     5,000.00

£       260,000.00

Brown

£     7,000.00

£       364,000.00

Stokes

£     4,000.00

£       208,000.00

£    3,655,600.00

247 staff I think were recorded in the last series of accounts it’s only decreased by around 16 from our last PL season, that’s exceptionally high, Bury have around 90 Full time before players, Bristol City had around 180 including players when in this division and I think Millwall had around 150 last year including players, I previously posted the exact levels and we are disproportionately high. Additionally I think even Ian Battersby remarked something similar on his interview with the LT (Andy Bayes) attended with Alan Nixon.

Cutbacks have already begun you don’t keep promoting within replacing others from already in the organisation repeatedly if you are not making cutbacks, additionally I think Mike Cheston only six months ago was telling whoever would listen in the LT that more cutbacks were on the way so my advice is to take on board what others are saying there is a large degree of "realism" about what they are actually putting across. Review the quality of players leaving, the numbers of FT squad members, the salaries being shed and compare to what is being brought in, in the examples of the above all appear to be “lower”.

Not sure I agree with Mowbray's comments about not needing Cat 1 status. Without it we may as well not have an academy at all as EPPP will see any gems leave for peanuts.

Archived