BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers FC v Plymouth Argyle FC

Just got back from holiday (brilliant in Cyprus) and seen the defence we put out. It's a wonder we even made a draw. If that's the best defence we can muster we can totally forget about promotion. It has to get better than that.

• Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply
40 minutes ago, Al said:

Just got back from holiday (brilliant in Cyprus) and seen the defence we put out. It's a wonder we even made a draw. If that's the best defence we can muster we can totally forget about promotion. It has to get better than that.

We absolutely battered them Al, its was the Alamo for large parts, we just couldn't put the ball in the net, and they scored a screamer for 25yrds, keeper no chance.

9 hours ago, Gav said:

We absolutely battered them Al, its was the Alamo for large parts, we just couldn't put the ball in the net, and they scored a screamer for 25yrds, keeper no chance.

Where you there? What parts were like the Alamo? 2nd half we certainly started to put them under pressure (mainly when Chapman came on) but the Alamo?:lol: We had 4 shots on target.

1 hour ago, blueboy3333 said:

Where you there? What parts were like the Alamo? 2nd half we certainly started to put them under pressure (mainly when Chapman came on) but the Alamo?:lol: We had 4 shots on target.

Have a look at the stats - think we had 65% of the possession, 26 shots, we battered them blueboy, they hardly got out of their half.

Its the most one sided game I've seen at Ewood in years.

If you didn't see that then the Tv's must have been off in the bar :tu:

Agreed, anyone saying that we didn't batter them wasn't watching the match. The second half was a complete siege. 

You can say we lacked a cutting edge or that we didn't create enough clear-cut chances as we should have given our dominance, but to say that we weren't completely on top is completely false. 

• Backroom

They let us have the ball and sat deep.

We absolutely did batter them between about the 40th and 65th minute and I was sure there was a goal on the way but then we dropped off massively not creating much till near the end.

On the balance of play we should probably have won but their game plan worked to a treat - although the hapless Gladwin could have undone that.

4 hours ago, Eddie said:

Agreed, anyone saying that we didn't batter them wasn't watching the match. The second half was a complete siege. 

You can say we lacked a cutting edge or that we didn't create enough clear-cut chances as we should have given our dominance, but to say that we weren't completely on top is completely false. 

I was watching and we were far better in the second half, especially when Chapman came on...but The Alamo? No. They came for a point and got it quite comfortably apart from a couple of good saves and one appalling miss.

6 hours ago, Gav said:

Have a look at the stats - think we had 65% of the possession, 26 shots, we battered them blueboy, they hardly got out of their half.

Its the most one sided game I've seen at Ewood in years.

If you didn't see that then the Tv's must have been off in the bar :tu:

It must have been a great game to watch on Ceefax whilst p*ss*d :)

1 hour ago, blueboy3333 said:

I was watching and we were far better in the second half, especially when Chapman came on...but The Alamo? No. They came for a point and got it quite comfortably apart from a couple of good saves and one appalling miss.

It must have been a great game to watch on Ceefax whilst p*ss*d :)

Ceefax :lol:

We hammered them from start to finish and anyone who thinks otherwise either didn't go or has an agenda.

They never sat deep either Tom, we pushed them back from the first whistle to last.

Just a pity we couldn't convert a few of the 26 shots we seemed to smack over the bar from 6 and 12yrds out.

• Backroom

Of course they sat back, their manager has said as much their game plan was to soak up pressure and hope for an odd chance to counter. An away team looking for and getting a good point. 

https://www.pafc.co.uk/news/2017/october/playing-to-strengths/

They deployed Yann Songo'o a centre half just in front of the back four for that reason.

Obviously this is a challenge we will have against the lower teams at home and so far more often than not we've failed to find the answer to it.

I do think it was perhaps the second best home performance I've seen this season but ultimately I thought we ran out of ideas on the whole mid way through the second half and came away missing out on two points.

19 minutes ago, Gav said:

Ceefax :lol:

We hammered them from start to finish and anyone who thinks otherwise either didn't go or has an agenda.

They never sat deep either Tom, we pushed them back from the first whistle to last.

Just a pity we couldn't convert a few of the 26 shots we seemed to smack over the bar from 6 and 12yrds out.

And 26 and 32 yards.

The 18 year old keeper who came on for them at half time was making his professional debut and we barely tested him or put him under any significant pressure, Big Sam to name just one manager would have had an absolute field day in that scenario.

25/26 shots maybe, but very few clear cut chances.

Archived