BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Sergio Peter

bazza

I noticed a player for Germany's women's football team named Peter and checked out Sergio on Wikipedia.

No wonder Rovers got rid.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sergio_Peter

The last paragraphs are thus:-

It was revealed by Blackburn Rovers on 2 January 2009 that Sergio was expected to sign for Sparta Prague within 24 hours.[1] and the move was completed that very same day.[2]

Sergio failed to make impression in his first months spent with Sparta and now he only plays for the reserves. The team assistant manager Martin Hasek said that the main problem is Sergio's poor fitness condition. Till the end of April, he just appeared in one game, being substituted after just 45 minutes.

In summer 2009, Sparta Prague released Sergio Peter for his unprofessionality.

[edit]

I noticed a player for Germany's women's football team named Peter and checked out Sergio on Wikipedia.

No wonder Rovers got rid.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sergio_Peter

The last paragraphs are thus:-

It was revealed by Blackburn Rovers on 2 January 2009 that Sergio was expected to sign for Sparta Prague within 24 hours.[1] and the move was completed that very same day.[2]

Sergio failed to make impression in his first months spent with Sparta and now he only plays for the reserves. The team assistant manager Martin Hasek said that the main problem is Sergio's poor fitness condition. Till the end of April, he just appeared in one game, being substituted after just 45 minutes.

In summer 2009, Sparta Prague released Sergio Peter for his unprofessionality.

[edit]

What a waste. Makes you wonder why players throw away their talent. I know if I had that amount of talent/potential I'd work pdh to make a good career. Looks like rovers youth got another one right, although maybe with better mentoring etc. who knows what could have happened.

• 6 years later...

Shame about Peter, he had a bit of potential. Remember going to Everton away, he came on as a sub at half time and was the only positive thing about that day (we lost 1-0 to an early Beattie header and Chang beer is sh1t).

I heard he got heavily into gambling, which could have been his downfall. Used to badger the senior players for cash etc, how true this is I don't know, I may be doing the guy a disservice.

image.jpg

SPOX: Mr. Peter, you were the age of 15 to Blackburn Rovers, went through there, the youth academy and played in the Premier League. What hopes do you then came to England?

Sergio Peter: I've always been a confident boy and more than the others in their age. One thing was clear: I wanted to become a professional footballer! I went with 10 years of Schönau to Waldhof (Mannheim, d Red..) By bicycle; my parents have killed me when you get out the.But I did it. I was professional, I had beautiful moments - and that can no longer accept me. But I ultimately nothing about it.

SPOX: What do you mean?

Peter: I can not watch DVDs of time - ultimately I'm a failure. I have not so far succeeded, as I wanted. My ultimate goal was to become a regular player in the Premier League, which was still full of the best league in the world. I wanted it to say: a German has prevailed in England.Maybe I had the dream to be A-National player. But unfortunately everything did not happen as it should.

Sergio Peter: In general, the games against Manchester United was something special. At home at Ewood Park in Blackburn I came off the bench and played directly against Cristiano Ronaldo. I have made an outstanding game and put Ronaldo out of the game. A scene, however, was unhappy. I took Ronaldo with an action just a post, and steered, while unfortunately I met him more than the ball - and he was injured for three months. I did not want to. But as many calls as after the game I had never in my life. Ronaldo saw I so often times at the weekend. In general, we were often on the road with players from Bolton Wanderers, Manchester City or United - that was a circle.SPOX: It all started well. They were chosen to be in their first game against Queens Park in the FA Cup for Man of the Match. At the time Cristiano Ronaldo, Andrei Shevchenko or Michael Ballack played in the Premier League. What's it like to face such top stars?

SPOX: Why are they then Blackburn away?

Sergio Peter: Everything went first storybook moderately. I have gone through all youth teams at Blackburn, went to school at the same time and did my high school. Then it went very quickly: After two years, I got a professional contract. I had a great coach with Mark Hughes. I had just the problem that Morten Gamst Petersen was in front of me. He was the favorite of fans, the "Prince of Norway," because I did not have the best cards on a regular place. But I am always available and shown in training, what I can.

SPOX: In summer 2008, Mark Hughes went to Manchester City and Paul Ince took over. What happened to you?

Sergio Peter: When Ince came, I got offers from Sparta Prague and the KSC. But the KSC could not then pay the peel and so I listened to the offer of Prague. The attraction to Prague was due to their participation in the European Cup. I liked the appreciation, so I accepted the offer. However, the shot backfired. Just about my career began, as hard as I then got to feel the opposite.

SPOX: What went wrong in Prague?

Sergio Peter: Two months after my contract signature, we flew a training camp in Hong Kong. I had a good feeling in the team is fit, the coach sat up. However, I have in training camp may take only salad and water to me in two weeks and suffered on the way back from Hong Kong in London circulatory collapse and was hospitalized. In time, the team flew to Spain in the next training camp and I really wanted to.Therefore, I left the hospital on his own responsibility to nachzufliegen the team. But on the way to the airport I collapsed again - and after that it was only once over. I could not, had depression and anxiety. I felt comfortable only at home, no longer went out and did not want to see my friends. Because my career is ultimately failed.

SPOX: But Sparta has you at that time not collected?

Sergio Peter: No, personally, I am deeply disappointed by the club. You have dropped me, there came nothing! On the contrary, I was fired directly! From then on I was on the road. But actually had me at the moment anyway, I was sick. My head did no longer. It took a long time until I realized all this, and I realized that I just want to play football. That was the only thing I could very well always.

SPOX: Was it in retrospect the wrong step to switch to Prague? Would not it have been smarter to go to an ambitious second division as the KSC?

Sergio Peter: In retrospect, I can say that I never would have made ​​England may leave. Time I had an offer from FC Blackpool, but I wanted to stay in the first division. I sat in the Premier League Boot. If, then came only a move abroad in question. I was in the moment simply not smart enough. One station down there I had my place and have gained match practice. On the other hand, I must also say that it would be able to fold in Prague.

SPOX: Even in the national team, it did not work for you. Until the U 20 you have played for Germany. Why are they never accumulated for the U 21?

Sergio Peter: When I was at Blackburn, I was coached by Dieter Eilts an invitation for the U 21 I had with Mark Hughes talked our game especially in the run-up and told him that he should not I make a substitution because I like under the Week wants to play for the U 21 against the Netherlands. Hughes promised me that he would take this into account - I should be changed only in an emergency. Well, the case took a halt. I came off the bench, fouled just before the end and then fell for the U 21 from. Since then never returned a call from the DFB.

SPOX: Instead of in the Premier League and for Germany you play in the group league at Darmstadt VfR Bürstadt. How did it happen?

Sergio Peter: The contact is created through a friend. I was long no longer in business and Bürstadt is currently a good place to establish myself again. I tell myself that it is my last chance. I consider myself fit there and I hope that it is only a stopover. I have a good ten kilos overweight - the need to down. Maybe I can knock somewhere in the summer then again. A comeback would be a dream.

SPOX: At 26 you are - as far as the football - no longer the youngest for a second career. What do you have for objectives?

Sergio Peter: Actually, no age 26, but in football it's different. Since players come with 17, 18, 19 in the Bundesliga with a tremendous quality. The pass you then stop sometime. But I've vowed to try again. I collect some match practice, even if it is at relatively low levels. It is my greatest wish again to get the chance in the professional business. I've proven that I can. I was elected in 2006 the best young players in the Premier League. A little talent lies so still in me.

SPOX: Do you feel now fully fit and cured?

Sergio Peter: Absolutely! I feel good and pray that in summer a knock at me and says: "Come Sergio, you'll get a chance again"

Edited by Dunnfc

One of many players who had delusions of grandeur before they'd even made their name.

And therein lies the problem.

On a similar note I was really sad to hear of the death of Wayne Harrison - my brother played against him many times - he was tipped for great things but a succession of injuries and freak accidents conspired against him.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/news-and-comment/ian-herbert-tragic-tale-of-wayne-harrison-shows-football-is-more-about-those-who-get-discarded-along-9030917.html