BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Dingles

2 hours ago, DavidBrent said:

It’s just awful. Properly shameful stuff.

Tempting to say all away followings have their problems, but there have been too many stories and incidents at Burnley away games this season.

I think there’s a problem in our away support.

There always has been. 

I think the Ewood fixture, if not policed properly, could get nasty. 

I acknowledge there are idiots that follow Rovers too. 

14 hours ago, longsiders1882 said:

Blackpool managed to shut us out. We were a bit lethargic from what I’ve seen but it can be hard when a team is well organised and sits 10 behind the ball for 90 minutes - and it’s another away point and another undefeated.

On another note, and I’m posting this here to avoid the wrath of Gav - I watched your game on Sky and it seemed someone had some medical issues. I do hope whoever it was is ok and able to fully recover.

It sounds like your last five or six games have been a bit lacklustre (barring Huddersfield) coinciding with Tella being a bit off it, but it may just be that your fans are overreacting. Are a few injured?

1 hour ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Surprised you've only just acknowleged this tbh.

Wasn't a forest fan killed in Burnley not so long ago?

About 20 years ago.

That was in a Burnley pub. And not football related - from memory the guy who did it was a Liverpool fan.

I’m talking about a specific element of our away support and their conduct this year.

14 minutes ago, booth said:

It sounds like your last five or six games have been a bit lacklustre (barring Huddersfield) coinciding with Tella being a bit off it, but it may just be that your fans are overreacting. Are a few injured?

We’ve got a lot of injuries at the moment :-

Benson, Rodriguez, Brownhill went off yesterday after half an hour, Maatsen and Harwood-Bellis are defenders but their passing is huge for us, Churlinov.

Zaroury and Tella look a bit tired. They’ve played more football this year than any other season in their career. We’ve played 9 games in 27 days - it’s amazing how many we’ve won all told.

We’ve a clear week before Wigan now. I expect a big performance then. Even yesterday we weren’t great but their keeper made three really good saves.

3 hours ago, DavidBrent said:

It’s just awful. Properly shameful stuff.

Tempting to say all away followings have their problems, but there have been too many stories and incidents at Burnley away games this season.

I think there’s a problem in our away support.

I wish it was just ours - they could simply ban us from away games and solve the problem. Then follow this by banning every club whose fans get involved in match day violence from travelling. Truth is they have already banned the old school trouble makers but recent seasons has seen a new younger breed, coked up or whatever, have started attending (home and away) with the sole intention of watching the opposition fans and looking for trouble - though I understand person in this incident is 33.

3 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Cocaine is the biggest change in away support this past few years…

Is it that new though, it was definitely aroun lates 80s/early 90s? I truly believe that one of the biggest issues has been the emboldenment of the right by the arguments used to win Brexit allied with the rapidly declining standards of living for the working class the government have overseen over the last 13 years. I noticed before we came down there were more regular issues in the EFL. For example issues at that Bridge in Wigan every home game etc. I don’t know if that is all the awkward PL kick off times or higher profile policing or other factors.

57 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Surprised you've only just acknowleged this tbh.

Wasn't a forest fan killed in Burnley not so long ago?

Very sadly yes he was, by known hooligan City fan from Rossendale who was already banned by Burnley.

The circumstances of these incidents never make the outcome any less tragic or sad though - for the victims and their nearest and dearest.

46 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

There always has been. 

I think the Ewood fixture, if not policed properly, could get nasty. 

I acknowledge there are idiots that follow Rovers too. 

Indeed, Police and Stewards will need to be on it. There is recent history. 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, booth said:

Quite a few injuries and 9 games in 27 days - with two trips to London Saturday/Tuesday. Also it isn’t like we’ve been terrible, we’ve dominated but haven’t scored and haven’t created enough chances against very determined opposition. We could do with Benson back as a different threat.

To the level that it’s been used now? Definitely. Far more prevalent now than in the 90s/2000s at away games. 

As an anecdote, my cousin moved to the US a few years back. He was home for Christmas last year and went on a pub run coach to Hull. He couldn’t believe how much coke had taken the place of booze since he’d been away, pretty much the whole coach was openly doing it. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

Quite a few injuries and 9 games in 27 days - with two trips to London Saturday/Tuesday. Also it isn’t like we’ve been terrible, we’ve dominated but haven’t scored and haven’t created enough chances against very determined opposition. We could do with Benson back as a different threat.

Excuses, excuses. We've had 8 games in 26 days, and have a much smaller squad with just as many injuries. 

Maybe you're just no the new Barca like your deluded fans think you are 😉

• Like 1

Just now, Sweaty Gussets said:

Excuses, excuses. We've had 8 games in 26 days, and have a much smaller squad with just as many injuries. 

What excuses? We’re unbeaten in that period?

8 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

To the level that it’s been used now? Definitely. Far more prevalent now than in the 90s/2000s at away games. 

As an anecdote, my cousin moved to the US a few years back. He was home for Christmas last year and went on a pub run coach to Hull. He couldn’t believe how much coke had taken the place of booze since he’d been away, pretty much the whole coach was openly doing it. 

Yeah it maybe more prevalent to be fair - I generally avoid away fixtures now because of the trouble you encounter and I definitely don’t go on coaches, way to old for that malarkey.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

injuries (ha), london (haha) determined opposition (hahaha)

Like you're the only team facing such challenges.

Excuses, excuses.

To reiterate again, excuses for what?

We’ve won six of those nine. Conceded three goals. We’re more clear at the top now than at any time this season.

What are we supposed to be making excuses for?

4 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

injuries (ha), london (haha) determined opposition (hahaha)

Like you're the only team facing such challenges.

Excuses, excuses.

By heck I can tell you lot have won a few games.

No excuses, I was asked a question by booth and answered. We are still unbeaten, still top scorers, still have the tightest defence, still 13 points ahead of second, 17 ahead of third and 19 ahead of you in 4th with with 33 points to play for. No excuses just a summation of the recent results. Oh and we are still considered more than 99% likely to go up and 96% likely to be champions.

9 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

We are still unbeaten, still top scorers, still have the tightest defence, still 13 points ahead of second, 17 ahead of third and 19 ahead of you in 4th with with 33 points to play for. No excuses just a summation of the recent results. Oh and we are still considered more than 99% likely to go up and 96% likely to be champions.

But apart from that, " longsiders ", the wheels have completely come off ..... 😉😉

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

More injuries, since the season kicked off.

2 minutes ago, sympatheticclaret said:

But apart from that, " longsiders ", the wheels have completely come off ..... 😉😉

The f*** are you talking about? I asked if there were some injuries to answer for the drop in form.

14 minutes ago, DavidBrent said:

To reiterate again, excuses for what?

We’ve won six of those nine. Conceded three goals. We’re more clear at the top now than at any time this season.

What are we supposed to be making excuses for?

Try reading the thread again and then ask the person who made them. He clearly felt the need to make excuses for your 0-0 draw yesterday and the recent 'lacklustre' performances.

17 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

No excuses, I was asked a question by booth and answered. We are still unbeaten, still top scorers, still have the tightest defence, still 13 points ahead of second, 17 ahead of third and 19 ahead of you in 4th with with 33 points to play for. No excuses just a summation of the recent results. Oh and we are still considered more than 99% likely to go up and 96% likely to be champions.

Yes, you were asked about your recent 'lacklustre' performances at which point you rattled off a load of pitiful excuses.

Keep up. 

• Like 2

• Backroom
1 hour ago, longsiders1882 said:

Hmmm, do you have a theory that some fans become insufferabley cocky when their team wins a lot of matches? 

Interesting. If only we could think of a recent case study to prove this hypothesis correct. 🤔

Nope, nothing's springing to mind. 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

They're easily rattled after a 0-0 at B/pool. Hilarious. 

It's not just against Blackpool, so my question was due to some of their fans on social media saying performance levels had dropped recently. I saw one conversation saying that they can afford to lose a few games now, and another that said that Twine had been disappointing compared to Cork. Then yesterday fighting amongst themselves and I saw a few bits of online tittle tattle between their superfans and people questioning the tactics.

Clearly a triggering subject. Imagine them if the wheels really start to fall off.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, booth said:

It's not just against Blackpool, so my question was due to some of their fans on social media saying performance levels had dropped recently. I saw one conversation saying that they can afford to lose a few games now, and another that said that Twine had been disappointing compared to Cork. Then yesterday fighting amongst themselves and I saw a few bits of online tittle tattle between their superfans and people questioning the tactics.

Clearly a triggering subject. Imagine them if the wheels really start to fall off.

That’s genuinely hilarious.

5 minutes ago, DavidBrent said:

That’s genuinely hilarious.

Not as hilarious as scraping by 10 man Fleetwood in the cup at home, in the 90th minute.

So tell me, what was hilarious considering I was just paraphrasing your fellow uncle f***ers?