BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Season So Far…

I love the watching your favourite band analogy. At the moment Rovers are putting me in mind of the last time I saw Paul Weller. Everybody had to endure his new stuff that didn’t really go anywhere, it seemed stubbornly relentless Everyone in the place knew he was capable of belting out a Jam classic, or something off Stanley Road. A bit of Style Council would’ve been a really welcome change. But he persisted with the “new” to the point when he did play Wild Wood, everyone was just asking why he couldn’t have done that all along.

Happy New Year all!

• Like 1

To be fair though, if you buy tickets to a band just expecting a greatest hits package then that's on you. 

The analogy is more like you paid to go and see an artist that you know full well can put on an absolute belter of a show but when you get there they just go through the motions and look like they'd be much happier elsewhere. 

If you didn't like the songs Weller played then that's on you. If he played them with some passion and gave it some bollocks then you have nothing to complain about really. 

Far too much this season Rovers fans have been subjected to a team that couldn't care less and a manager that seems to think he is to football what Michelangelo was to art. News flash, he isn't. 

Go a goal down and its just a case of 'oh well', and I'm not talking this kind of oh well either.

https://youtu.be/0yq-Fw7C26Y

• Like 1

I recall seeing Rush back in the day…

Geddy Lee: “This is from our new album Vapor Trails…”

Audience : “Anyone fancy a pint ?” *one-third of the audience leaves their seats* 

From that point onwards I always looked out for the gig’s “Vapor Trail” moment to go the loo, buy a T shirt/pint etc…

Wasn't it Neil Young who played his new album in full for one half of his show - to a tepid reception - then came out for the second half promising to 'play them all stuff they knew', then proceeded to do the same songs again?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GHR said:

Wasn't it Neil Young who played his new album in full for one half of his show - to a tepid reception - then came out for the second half promising to 'play them all stuff they knew', then proceeded to do the same songs again?

A man of his own mind…😆

B840E151-5417-491C-9845-8B3E1D995A53.jpeg

• Like 1