BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Andy Cole Appreciation Thread

• Backroom
5 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Sherwood’s goal, Shearer was penalised for having a ‘hand on the shoulder’ as he headed it across.

I can still remember my dad turning to me to and saying ‘THEY won’t let us win the title’.

Ah, yes, it was Sherwood. I can remember as a kid feeling utterly robbed when that was disallowed - still pisses me off now, despite knowing how that season ended.

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
On 18/04/2023 at 23:13, SuperBrfc said:

I didn't fancy creating a Yorkie thread, so seeing as he was Cole's strike partner for a while, I'll put his video in here.

If there are any others in the future, I'll put them in the Nostalgia thread.

Trinidad Rover loves this - he is still a legend back home. Along with the prince of Port of Spain (Brian Lara) our most famous sporting son.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, 4,000 Holes said:

Great to see Coley back at Brockhall reliving a couple of his famous Rovers goals here:

Nice to see Cole come back and the lads having a laugh trying to recreate a couple of his famous goals. I presume he met JDT during this visit and if so, I can imagine how JDT might have felt.

Fantastic club, fantastic training ground, but the best striker to have set foot in the building all season is a 51 year old visitor. Andy, please stay! 

Have to admit, it was a bit embarrassing seeing Dack struggle to name a Rovers player from Cole's time at the club. He guessed at Henning Berg because he (Dack) is/was a United fan.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, SuperBrfc said:

Nice to see Cole come back and the lads having a laugh trying to recreate a couple of his famous goals. I presume he met JDT during this visit and if so, I can imagine how JDT might have felt.

Fantastic club, fantastic training ground, but the best striker to have set foot in the building all season is a 51 year old visitor. Andy, please stay! 

Have to admit, it was a bit embarrassing seeing Dack struggle to name a Rovers player from Cole's time at the club. He guessed at Henning Berg because he (Dack) is/was a United fan.

In fairness, Dack was 10 when Cole left.

• Like 1