BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The ‘What Now?’ Show - Is It Down To The Lake I Fear?

It's been a crazy week in Blackburn Rovers World & our loyal panelists try to make sense of it all.

Corralled by host Roger Whiteside, listen to Ian Herbert, Linz Lewis, Katharine MacNamara & James Marsh as they struggle to separate fact, fiction and raw emotion.

Part 1 - Has JDT passed the point of no return?

Part 2 - Duncan McGuire - where does this rank in club record embarrassments?

Part 3 - Where do we go from here?

Hopefully listening provides some catharsis for all beleaguered Rovers fans right now.

Listening links here:-

https://www.brfcs.com/magazine/podcasts/the-'what-now'-show-is-it-down-to-the-lake-i-fear/46

(if you get a 502 error or server error…please click the podcast tab from the “burger menu” in the top right hand corner…🤦‍♂️)

IMG_5009.jpeg

IMG_8004.png

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Herbie6590 said:

It's been a crazy week in Blackburn Rovers World & our loyal panelists try to make sense of it all.

Corralled by host Roger Whiteside, listen to Ian Herbert, Linz Lewis, Katharine MacNamara & James Marsh as they struggle to separate fact, fiction and raw emotion.

Part 1 - Has JDT passed the point of no return?

Part 2 - Duncan McGuire - where does this rank in club record embarrassments?

Part 3 - Where do we go from here?

Hopefully listening provides some catharsis for all beleaguered Rovers fans right now.

Listening links here:-

https://www.brfcs.com/magazine/podcasts/the-'what-now'-show-is-it-down-to-the-lake-i-fear/46

IMG_5009.jpeg

I can't access this, keep getting a bad gateway error??

Thanks guys, got there in the end.

Great content (putting aside the sheer depressive nature of it all).

I agree JDT is not perfect, but I do feel the contributors were harsh on him (albeit i respect their opinion and do see the logic to their argument). At the end of the day the model he works under relies on him being given the tools to implement his philosophy, yet every window those above him have failed.

He was made promises (initially on arrival, and then again last summer) which were broken, budgets slashed mid-window, record sales proceeds not reinvested, kids when he wanted experience. It's absolutely impossible for him to do his job in the prevailing circumstances, so to lump him in with those above him as part of the problem, and now only trying to protect his own reputation, is way off the mark imo.

• Like 4

Great podcast, really enjoyed it despite all the doom and gloom we're currently going through as Rovers fans.

Agree with what was said about JDT. While I do have sympathy for him in that 'the project' has changed and it wasn't what he signed up for, I'm now at the point where I'm sick to death of hearing him talk about it. We know it's not what he signed up for but I now feel like he's using that as a platform to share with the media so that he can absolve himself of any blame for this awful run of form.

He's not won a league game in this calendar year. What is it, 1 league win in 11? It's simply unacceptable whether the project has changed or not. The body language of the players shows that they've all just feeling sorry for themselves, which is exactly what JDT is doing as well. It's simply not very good leadership.

I can't stand this stubbornness to continue playing kamikaze football. I understand that we want to play football a certain way but when staying in the league is at stake and that style is playing you into trouble...change something! I think he's getting away with it at the moment because of all the off the pitch madness. The reality is if we lose to Stoke then the gap could reduce to 2 points if QPR beat Norwich.

• Like 3

On 07/02/2024 at 09:24, sharpysharps86 said:

Great podcast, really enjoyed it despite all the doom and gloom we're currently going through as Rovers fans.

Agree with what was said about JDT. While I do have sympathy for him in that 'the project' has changed and it wasn't what he signed up for, I'm now at the point where I'm sick to death of hearing him talk about it. We know it's not what he signed up for but I now feel like he's using that as a platform to share with the media so that he can absolve himself of any blame for this awful run of form.

He's not won a league game in this calendar year. What is it, 1 league win in 11? It's simply unacceptable whether the project has changed or not. The body language of the players shows that they've all just feeling sorry for themselves, which is exactly what JDT is doing as well. It's simply not very good leadership.

I can't stand this stubbornness to continue playing kamikaze football. I understand that we want to play football a certain way but when staying in the league is at stake and that style is playing you into trouble...change something! I think he's getting away with it at the moment because of all the off the pitch madness. The reality is if we lose to Stoke then the gap could reduce to 2 points if QPR beat Norwich.

In reality how many goals did we concede from playing the 'kamikaze football', how many games did we lose because of it. We have probably conceded ten times the number of goals from set pieces. Now that is an area to really be critical of because it actually has cost us points and games.

I believe this particular stick with which he is beaten to be a complete misnomer.

Be interesting to see how many more points we would have got with a competent goalkeeper . We throw in how many goals, putting us on the back foot, effecting confidence, changing the dynamic of the games. Just addressing that and going getting a tried and tested keeper would have us mid table comfortably 

• Like 1

• J*B unpinned this topic