BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tim Sherwood - Under the Cosh

Episode with the ex skipper covers quite a bit relating to Rovers. As much as I was aware of the famous Zidane quote from Jack, I didn't know both he and Dugarry had been at the training ground. Oh what could have been. 

Never that keen on Sherwood the bloke always thought he was a flash git looking down his hooter a bit back in the day and the move to Spurs suited him perfectly at the time.

Really grown on me since though he really understands the town and club which is no mean feat considering some spend years around it and still don't.

Could listen to him all day these days that's one of the best UtC podcasts, mainly because the 3 balloons kept their jabber to a minimum apart from Brown crying about Rovers fans as per.

Yeah, that was the whole deal - both Zidane and Dugarry.
Want to say £5m, but it's been a while and I may be wrong.

Zidane was well up for the move, Dugarry not as much.

Tim Sherwood used to live in Bromley Cross and dined in the Anaz in Darwen and the Red Lion at Blacksnape on a regular basis back in the day. He was always a really approachable bloke, happy to chat and seemed to genuinely love the club and the area. So I was particularly sad at the way he left the club, he fairly stabbed Roy Hodgson in the back by all accounts. 

But he is and will be the only man to lift the premier league trophy in a Rovers shirt in my lifetime.

• Like 7

Remember going to a fans forum thing and although there were rumours at the time he and Woy didn't see eye to eye he said something along the lines of him being the best coach he'd worked with, called him a football scientist.

Still speaks as high of him on the podcast.

6 hours ago, oldjamfan1 said:

But he is and will be the only man to lift the premier league trophy in a Rovers shirt in my lifetime.

Pretty mean of him not to let the rest of the squad to have a turn!

• Like 2

12 hours ago, tomphil said:

Never that keen on Sherwood the bloke always thought he was a flash git looking down his hooter a bit back in the day and the move to Spurs suited him perfectly at the time.

Really grown on me since though he really understands the town and club which is no mean feat considering some spend years around it and still don't.

Could listen to him all day these days that's one of the best UtC podcasts, mainly because the 3 balloons kept their jabber to a minimum apart from Brown crying about Rovers fans as per.

His philosophies sound ideal for Rovers but Im afraid it'll never happen. Its a great listen especially if you own a football club and live in Pune

8 hours ago, oldjamfan1 said:

Tim Sherwood used to live in Bromley Cross and dined in the Anaz in Darwen and the Red Lion at Blacksnape on a regular basis back in the day. He was always a really approachable bloke, happy to chat and seemed to genuinely love the club and the area. So I was particularly sad at the way he left the club, he fairly stabbed Roy Hodgson in the back by all accounts. 

Red Lion at Blacksnape.........another one gone

• Like 1

12 hours ago, tomphil said:

To be fair, we still cry about Brown so the feelings neutral

• Like 2

2 hours ago, dingles staying down 4ever said:

His philosophies sound ideal for Rovers but Im afraid it'll never happen. Its a great listen especially if you own a football club and live in Pune

I was thinking we've missed a trick not getting him in when he was rumoured to want the job but just like the rest it would have been pointless unless he was some backing for a real plan.

• Like 1

Finally get an ambitious modern forward thinking guy who wants to move his entire family into the locality then piss him off to the point he ends wanting to buy out his own contract !

• Like 4