BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Music

American Rover

Yes, it is some "tiresome anti-Darkness rubbish". But I was under the impression that this board had a global audience and that this thread was about music - that's why i thought it was relevant. blink.gif

Fair enough. wink.gif

The Darkness' album isn't great, I think I've listened to a grand total of 3 times. They are brilliant live though, the best band I've seen for entertainment.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a good old fashioned indie kid: Coldplay, Radiohead, Strokes, through to Dylan and so on.

At the moment my favourite bands are British Sea Power and an obscure Czech band called The Ecstasy Of St. Theresa (don't ask how I know biggrin.gif)

Agree with Le Chuck.

Jet`s album was very dissapointing, only a few good tracks on there, which I could listen to for a long time.

But my favoruite album that I have bought in the last couple of months, is Franz Ferdinand`s.

I have to agree with both you an Le Chuck to a point. I didn't hate the album, I just think that the Jet album sounds so deriative. I know it's OK to show people your music influences, but copying them is a different story.

I aint listening to anything at the moment but when i get home i love listening to my enya cd...top quality music.

ROVERS FOREVER

ENYA?!?!?!?!?!? ohmy.gif

Mate, I think something has happened to you since you've left Australia if you're listening to Enya.

Next thing you'll be saying that the new Dido album was brilliant wink.gif

Just got the latest Bonkers CD - (number 12), well worth it just for the Sharkey mix. Also just got the Young Heart Attack album - great, uptempo rock'n'roll. I like the boy/girl singing too, work well.

Ste ph34r.gif

Edited by stegraham

I aint listening to anything at the moment but when i get home i love listening to my enya cd...top quality music.

ROVERS FOREVER

ENYA?!?!?!?!?!? ohmy.gif

Mate, I think something has happened to you since you've left Australia if you're listening to Enya.

Don't listen to her, but she was in my house!

I was listening to the Goo Doll's album Dizzy Up The Girl, today and it is brilliant. I've also got abit of Creed on the go as well as Robert Plant's Fate Of Nations.

I recently purchased several Bob Dylan albums.

I really like the album 'The Times They Are A-Changing' particulary 'Boots of Spanish Leather' and 'The Lonesome Death of Hattie Carrol'.

They are obviously all fantastic of course.

I recently purchased several Bob Dylan albums.

I really like the album 'The Times They Are A-Changing' particulary 'Boots of Spanish Leather' and 'The Lonesome Death of Hattie Carrol'.

They are obviously all fantastic of course.

They're all £4.99 at HMV, so I've been discovering the works of Mr. Dylan - he did some damned fine stuff. Street Legal, Desire and Highway 61 Revisited ar really standing out for me at the moment.

Also listening to Joe Strummer (RIP) & The Mescaleroes, Captain Beefheart and the new Strokes album at the moment.

Bought the 'For Lovers' single (Wolfman featuring Pete Doherty (the Libertines)) today and it's getting better with each listen.

Also dug out 'Scream, Dracula, Scream' by Rocket From The Crypt and 'Terror Twilight' by Pavement earlier, forgotten how much I liked those albums !

Looking forward to hearing the new Keane album as well - it's getting some really good reviews.