BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Music

American Rover

Hoobastank - The Reason

top song

Hoobastank are a class band, I have the Hoobastank and The Reason albums, which are brilliant. If you like them you should download some of these songs: Crawling In The Dark, Same Direction, Out Of Control and Remember Me.

I'm also listening to quite alot of a band called Audiovent. The lead singer is the brother of the lead singer of Incubus. Mike Oldfield's Tubular Bells 3 is a brilliant album and is well worth a listen.

I too was at the White Stripes in the Botanic Gardens in Belfast. They were absolutely brilliant. I'm not the biggest fan, but they were excellent, unlike the New York Dolls who supported them. The lead singer looked and acted like Mick Jager, while the lead guitarist was a cross between Alice Cooper and the lead guitarist from Aerosmith and all their songs sounded the same. Before them was some band called The Peaches and they were just course. The leading lady attempted to use as many vile words in a sentence as possible and mimed sexual acts on stage -classy.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm also getting into Faith No More, and may copy my girlfriends King for a Day album. That is damn good.

Get "The Real Thing" and "Angel Dust", probably their finest moments.

Agree with Angel Dust, it's a great underated album. If you're lucky, get a copy of this without that crappy version of "Easy"

Benny Goodman, 1938 Carnegie Hall Jazz Concert

featuring

BG

Count Basie

Teddy Wilson

Gene Krupa

Lionel Hampton

Cooti Williams

Bobby Hackett

"sing, sing, sing" 12 minutes of bliss

and you can dance to it as well

edit: just played "sing, sing sing" again........ fan-bloody-tastic

Edited by dave birch

"Night: her sable dome scattered with diamonds

Fused my dust from a light year......"

"Lizard" by King Crimson. from 1970

Wooooo wooooo

The walls are breathing, I can fly, watch me take off. More flapjack vicar.

hoobastank are @#/?

There's a member of this board who's always fond of a good preach about the evils of such statements. He'll be on soon no doubt...hold on a minute. rolleyes.gif

He's got a point this time, mind.

I could say the same about Megadeath.

All this talk of 80's thrash metal caused me to delve into the darker corners of my CD collection today and found that Metalica's Ride The Lightening and Kill 'em are still blindingly brilliant after all these years.

To calm down a bit I've now switched to Primal Scream Scream's Screamadelica, which whilst being a million miles from this morning's thrash is still a damn fine album.

"Night: her sable dome scattered with diamonds

Fused my dust from a light year......"

"Lizard" by King Crimson. from 1970

Wooooo wooooo

The walls are breathing, I can fly, watch me take off. More flapjack vicar.

I'm sure you know this, but Nick Cave has a new album out very soon, as well as a Uk tour to acompany it. Not sure on the release date, but i'm looking forward to it, and the tour if I can make my way to london.

I'm sure you know this, but Nick Cave has a new album out very soon, as well as a Uk tour to acompany it. Not sure on the release date, but i'm looking forward to it, and the tour if I can make my way to london.

Why thank you. I shall be alert.

Amusing too see that The Rasmus and 28p were bottled off stage at the Reading festival yesterday.

By 28p I assume you mean 50Cent!!

I had to endure an hour of him at Leeds because I was trying to get a Decent place for GreenDay(Who Were awesome) but this guy with his songs that sound the same and fireworks to make it sound like guns where going off because thats what happens 'IN DA HOOD' was perhaps the worst thing I have ever been witness to outside of Ewood Park!!!

However the most positive thing was all the praise I got for Being a Rovers fan (I wore the shirt on Saturday) and how unlucky we were was the highlight of the festival tinykit.giftinykit.giftinykit.giftinykit.gif

Another top highlight was placing a mates Burnley shirt into a bag of pure urine (The Look on his Face was priceless)

As normal, if you dont like them theres no need to tell us why - for those that do:-

Channel 4 will be broadcasting a very special Oasis documentary to celebrate the release of the Definitely Maybe DVD this Friday 3rd September at 11.35pm. THERE WE WERE...NOW HERE WE ARE: The Making Of Oasis, documents the rise of the band from their early rehearsals in Manchester to the release a year later of one of the fastest selling debut albums of all time. The doco features interviews with all the original band members as well as key players in the band's ascendance.

Just thought you may like to know thumbs-up.gif

I went to see the Jurassic 5 after show party in the Empire Bar in Belfast on Monday. They had been playing at a concert in the Botanic Gardens, along with Ash and The Darkness. DJ Nu-Mark was doing a set and he was to be supported by Raaka from Dilated Peoples. Before Nu-Mark came on a DJ called Vitamin D was on with Raaka and he was great. While he was on, Akil and Chali 2na from J5 were in the crowd talking to people and they were so dead on, but they said that they weren't performing, just there to watch. DJ Nu-Mark was absolutely brilliant, but was made better when J5 came out and sang What's Golden. After the show I got all their autographs, including Cut Chemist who I didn't know was there until I was leaving. This stuff was far better than all the bling bling rap that we hear so oftenand I doubt you'd find 50 Cent standing in the crowd with all the fans. If you ever get the chance, go and see them.

Heard a couple of tracks from Kasabian and they sound pretty good.

Has anyone got the album - good or bad - your thoughts please

Well, for some reason I thought it would be a bit more guitar based. I loved the first singles I heard - Club Foot and LSF, and so was very much looking forward to the album. I've only had a chance to listen to it once so far - and it's ... OK. Reason is Treason is an excellent track, but other tracks just didn't grab my attention - abit "same-y". However, it may be a grower. I hated Cancer Planet Misson by Gaye Bykers on Acid when it first came out and it's one of my fav albums now.

As someone said earlier in the thread, Modest Mouse's new album is pretty good.

I've also been listening to All American Rejects. Same type of music as Jimmy Eat World -happy rock- but definatly worth listening to if you like that sort of music, especially Happy Endings and Swing Swing.