BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Music

American Rover

Two albums I've recently, er, legally procured, are Sonic Firestorm by DragonForce and Burzum's self titled album - the first being blindingly fast power metal (I can't way to see these guys live) and the latter nasty, ugly Norwegian black metal from old Varg Vikernes himself.

Jesus, in my mind's eye you look more like your avatar with every post on this thread... blink.gifwink.gif

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

D-M-F: If you are such a big fan of Muse, you have to listen more to Radiohead - they're the pioneers in that category, well in every category really.. I'm sure you'll love the OK Computer album, or even The Bends.

It's just a matter of spending some time with the cd on, unlike Linkin Park and other boyband-with-tattoo-I-love-Nick-Carter-but-don't-want-to-admit-to-it- albums...

Other bands I enjoy: Dave Matthews Band (especially the live album Live at Luther College - with Tim Reynolds) - extraordinary guitarist!

Nirvana - (Kurt Cobain alone is worth buying the cd, when you put in Dave Grohl [drummer, Nirvana - guitarist and vocal, QOTSA and a bunch of other great bands] aswell... revolutionised their genre in early 90's)

The Streets lately actually, some good lyrics and catchy melodies (after a while anyway).

Jimi Hendrix - will never be forgotten !

Jim Morrison/The Doors - ditto!

BigBang - Norwegian rock band, if you've got a good download source then search for them! Also check out Kaizers Orchestra (recently played in Reading methinks) who's a very interesting band - and bloody amazing live. You won't understand a word they're singing I'm sure, but it's worth it anyway!

Man am I tired... dry.gif

just acquired "Must I Paint You A Picture - The Essential Billy Bragg" & it is being played to death at the mo. You forget just how good, witty & erudite a song writer the Braggster is. The full gamut of emotions are played out on the album by a man who is not afraid to speak his mind.

A definite recommend...

Nirvana - (Kurt Cobain alone is worth buying the cd, when you put in Dave Grohl [drummer, Nirvana - guitarist and vocal, QOTSA and a bunch of other great bands] aswell... revolutionised their genre in early 90's)

The Streets lately actually, some good lyrics and catchy melodies (after a while anyway).

Nirvana's Nevermind is an album that everyone should own and the first time I heard Nirvana's unplugged set for MTV it blew my mind.

Likewise I though the The Streets "Original Pirate Material" was amazing when I first heard it (and to be fair, still do) but I was massively disapointed with "A Grand Don't Come For Free", it just doesn't cut it for me, I empathised with Skinner's characters in OPM, but in AGDCFF it's more "day in the life of a Chav".

I've just listened to The Stone Roses "Second Coming" album on the way to/from work and I'm plesently surprised. I hated it the first time around (it was such a let down after the first album) but now it has an appeal I missed the first time around, although I still feel John Squire is trying to push his guitar too far and whilst technicaly excellent is just "too much" in parts.

My favourite song at the moment has to be Embrace's - Gravity. It's just simply stunning, breath-taking, awe-inspiring... Ok I've gone a bit over the top there but it really is a great song.

You can listen to it on their website by clicking here and then clicking 01. Gravity [Hi]

Enjoy.

Edited by Tango

Likewise I though the The Streets "Original Pirate Material" was amazing when I first heard it (and to be fair, still do) but I was massively disapointed with "A Grand Don't Come For Free", it just doesn't cut it for me

I can't listen AGDCFF as individual songs. If I'm sitting and doing nothing for a while (i.e. the gym or watching some of last season's home games biggrin.gif ) then I love to listen to all of it. Love OPM as well.

Nirvana's Nevermind is an album that everyone should own and the first time I heard Nirvana's unplugged set for MTV it blew my mind.

Likewise I though the The Streets "Original Pirate Material" was amazing when I first heard it (and to be fair, still do) but I was massively disapointed with "A Grand Don't Come For Free", it just doesn't cut it for me, I empathised with Skinner's characters in OPM, but in AGDCFF it's more "day in the life of a Chav".

I've just listened to The Stone Roses "Second Coming" album on the way to/from work and I'm plesently surprised. I hated it the first time around (it was such a let down after the first album) but now it has an appeal I missed the first time around, although I still feel John Squire is trying to push his guitar too far and whilst technicaly excellent is just "too much" in parts.

never knew you had a Chav culture about you Glenn

a totally different picture has been painted in my head

mortis??? is that some kind of guy that screames in to a microphone and those reject kids praise him like hes the devil!!!

am i on the right track???

laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

Oooooh don't get me angry I might be one of those....GOTHS!!! I might cast my DEVIL MAGIC on you!!!

withstupid.gif

never knew you had a Chav culture about you Glenn

a totally different picture has been painted in my head

I think Mike Skinner is what Chav's want to be when they grow up smile.gif

However, don't judge me by musical stereotypes, as you'll get very confused. On the way to work to day I listened to the soundtrack from the Buffy musical episode and on the way home Anthrax's Among The Living and currently playing on Winamp is OPMs "Heaven is a Half Pipe". Go try and profile me from that little lot smile.gif

I can definately say you are 'spontaneous' Glenn ha ha!

I hate that chav Skinner, no surprise he will play lead role in Chav: The Movie.

I have a very varied musical taste too, mainly MUSE, granted, but also like a few darker songs from Korn etc.

Always been an Oasis fan just cant be bothered to listen to them no more