BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Garner

LOL!!

when the doorbell rang on fantasy football & Frank Skinner opened the door......"Look! it`s Simon garner!" he said

Absolute silence from the audience........

laugh.gif they were either gobsmacked it was actually him or they didn`t know who the hell he was!! LOL!! laugh.gif

....i think it may have been the 2nd option.

THERE`S ONLY ONE SIMON GARNER!!

ROVERS LEGEND!!

tinykit.gif

I didn't know any of the others, obviously know Garner.

anyway don't think they could get well known names like Marsh or Best to dress up as a sausage or wear a wig

not sure about that chris.....they makeselves look knobs every week on soccer saturday laugh.gif

When Garner left Rovers he went to West Bromwich Albion, who coincidentally are supported by one Frank Skinner, hence why he was probably on ths show .Garner scored for WBA against Burnley in one game but the story of him lifting his striped Albion shirt in front of the Burnley fans to reveal a blue and white halved Rovers top underneath is unfortunately just a myth, as he revealed in his autobiography 'There's only one Simon Garner'.

I've seen the show a number of times and none of the older players seemed to have receieved much of a reception, which shows the ignorance of some of the audience who watch the show. Even if they haven't heard of them they could at least have the good manners to give them a welcome. They seem to think chanting 'Statto' and 'Rooney' every single programme is funny. Just like the show, the chants are getting tired and boring, getting well past their used-by-date.

Despite a few good jokes, this series has not been fit to compare with how it was when it first came out on BBC2 when it was the funniest show around and a breath of fresh air. Baddiel is however still as funny as he ever was. Never was funny though that Baddiel....

When Garner left Rovers he went to West Bromwich Albion, who coincidentally are supported by one Frank Skinner, hence why he was probably on ths show .Garner scored for WBA against Burnley in one game but the story of him lifting his striped Albion shirt in front of the Burnley fans to reveal a blue and white halved Rovers top underneath is unfortunately just a myth, as he revealed in his autobiography 'There's only one Simon Garner'.

I've seen the show a number of times and none of the older players seemed to have receieved much of a reception, which shows the ignorance of some of the audience who watch the show. Even if they haven't heard of them they could at least have the good manners to give them a welcome. They seem to think chanting 'Statto' and 'Rooney' every single programme is funny. Just like the show, the chants are getting tired and boring, getting well past their used-by-date.

Despite a few good jokes, this series has not been fit to compare with how it was when it first came out on BBC2 when it was the funniest show around and a breath of fresh air. Baddiel is however still as funny as he ever was. Never was funny though that Baddiel....

Agreed I have probably only watched it twice and find myself thinking around 11pm "Oh I've missed it again......hey ho! who cares?"

It's very jaded and rather dull, the only highlight is still the Phoenix from the Flames sketch........however I want the Mark Atkins own goal/Ball Girl/Jimmy Hill incident recreated biggrin.gif

the fact that very few of the audience failed to recognise one of our Heroes just shows the ignorance of some of todays supporters. dry.gif

I agree, they should force kids at schools all across the country to read Garner's book , infact why not sing hymns able Garner at asemblies instead of them Christian hymns

the fact that very few of the audience failed to recognise one of our Heroes just shows the ignorance of some of todays supporters. dry.gif

I agree, they should force kids at schools all across the country to read Garner's book , infact why not sing hymns able Garner at asemblies instead of them Christian hymns

Sounds like a sensible idea to me cool.gif

I only watched the programme once....but i`ve still got Garners song going round in my head. Does anybody actually know the name of the song he did? huh.gif

ROONIO! thumbs-up.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.