Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Gamst Pedersen

krislu

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Norway 3 - 0 Slovenia

Gamst Pedersen started the game, set up the first goal with a sublime throughball, then scored the 2-0 goal himself. Was substituted when there was 15 mins left, after getting an elbow to his head. Thought he was good today - one of the best players on the pitch.

The tables has turned!

After loosing confidence in MGP in his recent Rovers displays it now seems he is back in form!

Havent seen Morten in this good form since he left Tromsø... so head's up Rovers Fans.. ! cool.gif He is back.. please .. give him some time on the pitch to prove it!! thumbs-up.gif

What has Pedersen done to fall foul of Mark Hughes?

The only way he's going to adjust to the Premiership is if he PLAYS. At the moment, Hughes seems to hold a prejudice against him and will not give him time on the pitch.

Stead has hardly been setting the Premiership alight this season but still get sub appearances (and justifiably so) because he hasn't turned a bad play over night.

Amoruso and Matteo have been distinctly crap but are still getting games.

Steven Reid has been injured since time immemorial and still gets a game after one reserve match.

SO WHY OH WHY will he not play Pedersen. Especially after the guy has just played his best game for a while for Norway and he was showing signs of adapting in his cameo appearance against Bournemouth.

The one fail-safe way of ensuring a new player never succeeds is to not play him.

Hard to tell R6, surely Gamst Pedersen should be playing on the left rather than having Emerton out of position and Reid on the right.

I would have no problems with Gamst not starting if we had some great players playing instead, but atm we have a really poor team and therfore he should get a chance.

Players like Gamst Pedersen and Gallagher should IMO get far more minutes on the pich, along with Stead they are the future of Blackburn Rovers.

Rover6, Pedersen has been distinctly poor when he's had the opportunity. What would you have the manager do, play all the poorest players hoping they might turn out to be better than what they have shown. Can't see how that's gonna help.

At the moment, Morten Gamst Pedersen looks like he wont hack it in the Premiership. He will however still get the odd appearance, when he does he'll have to show that he's worth his place. Up to now, he isn't.

I dont know how any of us can judge him yet. He has obviously got a lot of potential and he will in time get an opportunity to show us what he is capable of.

You just have to look at Rommedahl from Charlton- has been in and out of their team. Players need time to adapt and managers have different ways of helping them with this.

Arsenal were not fighting for the top flight future of their club at the time. Big difference.

I think most of us would like to see him given a chance, but not with the club in the position we currently are. Then again, he can't be worse than those that have been tried there so far.

I'd rather see DePedro given a shot, though, as he has top flight experience.

Henry was just an example of many players who take time to adapt. The fact he is on the bench ahead of the more experienced De Pedro is a good thing from his point of view.

Of course the fact we are struggling does not help. He will get a chance, just chill out guys.

Rover6, Pedersen has been distinctly poor when he's had the opportunity. What would you have the manager do, play all the poorest players hoping they might turn out to be better than what they have shown. Can't see how that's gonna help.

At the moment, Morten Gamst Pedersen looks like he wont hack it in the Premiership. He will however still get the odd appearance, when he does he'll have to show that he's worth his place. Up to now, he isn't.

Fair enough, but it wouldn't harm to give him some sub appearances.

And if Matt Jansen and Brett Emerton have proven in the last few games to be good left wingers than I'm a Dutchman.

Yours.

Van Rover6

And Neill, Gray, Reid, Jansen, Amo, Matteo, Tugay, Ferguson and Dickov HASNT been poor?

When MGP shines in the international matches, does that tell you anything? HE NEEDS SUPPORT and will gain confidence for everytime he starts a match or gets on as a sub.

Hughes is being ignorant as fck.

For me the real reason I wouldn't play Pedersen is that he looks ridiculously light weight in the premiership and every time I have seen him play he is just easily brushed off the ball. He has shown nothing as yet for Rovers and needs to adapt to the training regime and play in the reserves before he comes into the first team.

I REALLY hope Hughes get somebody to bash him about in training to give him some fight whilst working on building his upper body strength. He could well be very good, but right now he just isn't a premiership player. I'd hate to see him up against one of the best right backs in the world in Ferreira on Saturday, because he'd just be played out of the game. He isn't ready.

Edited by tcj_jones

And if Matt Jansen and Brett Emerton have proven in the last few games to be good left wingers than I'm a Dutchman.

So....Souness was vindicated in not playing Jansen on the left? If you keep back-pedalling like this your chain's going to fall off.

For me the real reason I wouldn't play Pedersen is that he looks ridiculously light weight in the premiership and every time I have seen him play he is just easily brushed off the ball. He has shown nothing as yet for Rovers and needs to adapt to the training regime and play in the reserves before he comes into the first team.

I REALLY hope Hughes get somebody to bash him about in training to give him some fight whilst working on building his upper body strength. He could well be very good, but right now he just isn't a premiership player. I'd hate to see him up against one of the best right backs in the world in Ferreira on Saturday, because he'd just be played out of the game. He isn't ready.

Sure, and Jansen/Emerton @ left wing will make Ferreira look like a schoolboy. Right.

Did I say that? sheash...

What I do think is that Jansen or Emerton would give far more than Pedersen would at the moment, Jansen has strength and can beat a man, Emerton plays as a winger and is on top form. Both seem more appropriate to play in this game, though I wouldn't play either.

For me Reid would be the best player to play, purely because he has power, strength, pace and tenacity and will atleast provide something , though I think he is far more valuable in central midfield at the moment. Even if I though Pedersen was ready for premiership football, this certainly isn't the right time to play him. Think what will happen to his confidence if he is man handled by Ferriera all match.

Edited by tcj_jones