BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Newcastle 3-0 Blackburn Rovers

Its true about the classy football we used to play. Apart from last season we always played good, nice to watch attacking football. Even when we were in the First Division we managed to play our way out of it.

It was maybe due to the individual players we had who could turn it on with a piece of magic.

I remember Souness saying he had a major problem before the start of last season- that problem would be the fans expectations, he never really thought we could reach the heights of a Duff, Dunn inspired 6th position again.

However after we finshed 6th we all wanted more, it wasnt to be.

Seeing him at St James today makes me think, he looks like he was never with us in a way- no reference seemed to have been made to it being a wrench leaving, probably because he knows like us, he had his time here, thank you. Maybe he is too classy for us, he will certainly have millions to spend/waste now. However we are left in the sh*t, looking for a saviour and a leader to galvanise our sorry start to the season.

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it was very interesting to hear following his press conference that he was approached 10 days ago by nufc following the sacking of BR.

Now we didnt hear anything from anyone until it was all said and done on Monday, I heard after leaving hospital around lunchtime !

Rovers have had a while to look at the alternatives, weigh up a possible replacement or at least make the same tentative steps that nufc made to our own then manager.

I also don't blame Souness for going-if it wasn't obvious he was living on borrowed time, it must have been clear it was going to take a heck of an effort to turn round the team.

What is evident is that at some time in the future things will go seriously wrong for both the manager and the club.

In the short term Souness has problems to deal with concerning the fans-for example in the Daily Telegraph, the reporter suggested they didn't know if they should laugh or cry into their post-match beer. After all it was their biggest win since they beat someone 5-1. Oh yes, that was us.

And they'd just beaten a totally inept team. Previously managed by their new manager.

I know the "view from the stands" on Rovers' official site should be optimistic, however the report given by this one fan seems a joke. I wasn't at the game but from the highlights, and from other fans' views I take it that he's having a laugh. "Despite the poor result, the players put in some good performances", he goes on "Neil put in an awesome display as he kept the lively Bellamy at bay". The same Bellamy that many thought got MoM and ran us ragged? On Gray; "It was just unfortunate that he left Shearer unmarked at the back post". "The back two were also solid", "the centre pairing of Fergie and Flitty looked strong". I realise that they'll be slightly bias, given that it's Rovers official site, but for fans that log in who don't look at other sites it's just blinding them from the truth!

Approaching the end he did confess that Rovers are in trouble, but I'm still not in doubt that this guy could write for Walt Disney.

If you're going to blame Souness for something then blame him for the way he's slowly turned our team from being European challengers to relegation fodder in the space of a year.

Glass half full, glass half empty.

That can be turned round to read the other way.

If you're going to blame Souness for something then blame him for the way he's slowly turned our team from being European challengers to relegation fodder in the space of a year.

Glass half full, glass half empty.

That can be turned round to read the other way.

Not in the last year it can't.

Rovers have had a while to look at the alternatives, weigh up a possible replacement or at least make the same tentative steps that nufc made to our own then manager.

Who's to say they didn't 1864? cool.gif

It'll all come out in the wash tinykit.giftinykit.giftinykit.gif (it always does)

Edited by CAPT KAYOS

Exactly Captain.

I am sure there is all sorts going on behind the scenes but on this occasion it is all extremely quiet.

in fact

apart from the tabloid speculation there are no rumours circulating around the football world that is SKY TV. There is absolutley no worthwhile rumours going around the production teams who are always at the forefront of such speculation.

it very much appears that the lid has been well and truly clamped on this one blink.gif

it very much appears that the lid has been well and truly clamped on this one blink.gif

Or the decision had/has/already been made and the formalities of crossing the i's and dotting the t's had to be completed if you see what I mean

We as fans especially, already know Rovers are very good at keeping things very secret dry.gifdry.gif .

I just have a feeling that everything has been a smokescreen with only two riders in contention.

Has nobody else noticed the little smirks from JW?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.