BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Newcastle 3-0 Blackburn Rovers

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been away again this weekend. Just got the result read some posts. Sounds like the players are taking some time off till the new boss comes in.

It also sounds like we very very much need to get it dead right with the new Manager.

One question did Bothrotd get on and if so how did he look?

The reality is here. We didnt really expect to beat Arsenal or Newcastle away did we?

I think to be honest we would of been happy with a point from either.

All is not lost.

At least we have a tough patch out of the way. Now i jujst hope we can get a new boss in the next 48 hours and start preparing for weekend.

Whilst not a particularly great start to the season neither is there any great cause for concern - yet. As many have said, getting anything from the last 3 games would have been considered a plus before the start of the season. We have no manager and our ex manager is manager of Saturday's opposition. That can't happen very often and could be a partial explenation (but not an excuse) for an extremely lacklustre performance.

I firmly believe we have a squad cabable off a top half finish, even now. What we desperatley and urgently need is someone to energise, organise and motivate them. Until we get that someone we will continue to be crap and the longer it takes the harder it will be to climb back up the table. But it WILL happen

Cracking report from Andy Neild. Sums the whole thing up perfectly.

BTW : Two entries found for lurch in the LET online dictionary.

Lurch

1. In a difficult or embarrassing position.

2. Brown, sticky stuff (e.g. he has done one, he has left them up lurch creek without a paddle)

Also Ponderous-Looking:

A combination of blistering pace and a low centre of gravity made the Welshman a real handful for a ponderous-looking Rovers back-line.

Ponderous-looking

1. Appearing deep in thought, concentrating.

2. Brown, Sticky stuff. (eg. Lucas Neill is a pile of ponderous-looking)

Edited by Nuclearsox

I thought we were very poor on the day and it could easily have been 5 or 6 (maybe the penalty curse goes with Souness and not the Rovers....I hope so !!). I don't deny the efforts made by some of the players, but I feel that our new manager has a big job on his hands.

Regarding Saturday's team:

Friedel - I don't like to criticise Brad as he has been one of Souey's best buys, but he should have dealt with the corner that lead to the 1st goal

Neill - cracking tackle on Bellamy, but at fault for letting the little welsh t**t cross the ball for their 2nd

Short - as per Neill...some good tackles but at fault for the 2nd goal

Matteo - looks lost sometimes - lack of understanding with his fellow teammates ?

Gray - booed all game but gave 100%

Flitcroft, Ferguson, Pedersen - I list all 3 together as they played a similar game - invisible !!

Dickov, Stead - both never really stopped running but had very little service

Douglas, Bothroyd - both made very little impact on a game that was already lost

These are obviously my opinions and will probably be shot down....but that is how I saw the game (from a seat that felt like I was a mile from the pitch !!!)

And before anyone mentions that I have missed one player out of my list......the less said about that daft Aussie ****** the better. It will only be a matter of time before he takes over from Wilcox as the "Riverside boo boy". I keep reading that he is this great talent but he is playing without confidence.....I just don't see it.....he's ******* crap.........sorry

the other side of the coin is this

does souness have any insider knowledge of the background workings of our club ?

was he aware of any potential pitfall coming his way ?

I am in full agreement that he has left us high and dry and that could very much mean that relegation is going to haunt us.

One thing is for sure, if we do suffer the drop, then we stand to stay in the lower reaches for a long long time.

Now thats the real sad legacy mad.gif

All I can say is where are the Pro Souness brigade now? - preferred to ignore what the fans who where very very worried about what they where seeing.

Didn't go to Newcastle - but chose to watch the highlights for the first time this season - and what did I see - nothing that I haven't seen before - a poor Newcastle side given far too much time to go about their training regime against a totally dis -interested and disorganised resemblance of what used to be the very proud Blackburn Rovers.

Don't want to be too critical because I can only go off what I saw in 60 mins but for those that went tell me I am wrong. From all accounts there where parallels from every game played so far and last season where we just back off and don't mark players. I asked before how many more times are we going to give opposition sides chances to cross before we wake up the fact that this might lead to goals.

Another thing I have noticed is how flat and tunnel visioned we are when defending - all we do is line up in a single file across the edge of the box and lose all sense of what is going on around with the opposition players who just move into space.

And as for Flitcrofts og - can't see how anybody is surprised that this went in - he onlly knows one way and that is to play backwards - he's finished - now get rid.

Comedy of errors with no drive and determination to even try and get something out of the game - an embarrassment than needs halting straight away and a kick up the backside being given - if need, drop the underperforming wasters who don't give a f!! (now when have we heard that before)

There's certainly one thing to be said about Souness and that is that he must be very influential - because if I didn't know I would have sworn he was still managing that side on Saturday, because the way they played had Souness written all over it.

We need a manager and need him yesterday rather than next week.

And before anyone mentions that I have missed one player out of my list......the less said about that daft Aussie ****** the better. It will only be a matter of time before he takes over from Wilcox as the "Riverside boo boy". I keep reading that he is this great talent but he is playing without confidence.....I just don't see it.....he's ******* crap.........sorry

Whilst I agree that he's been crap for 99% of his time here, I think he's been one of our better players recently. On Saturday he was the only one prepared to run at Newcastle players and take them on.

Hey I was pro souness before his act of treachery !

I still maintin he has done a fantastic job but I have to agree now having seen him in his true guise (TRAITOR) I have nothing but contempt for him.

He has left my club, our club in a desperate situation after just 5 games. mad.gif

Hey I was pro souness before his act of treachery !

I still maintin he has done a fantastic job but I have to agree now having seen him in his true guise (TRAITOR) I have nothing but contempt for him.

He has left my club, our club in a desperate situation after just 5 games. mad.gif

You are forgiven 1864 tongue.gif

Hope you're ok (and anybody else) after the accident.

Thanks Capt

me and my son are okay, just the whiplash, headaches and mangled car to worry about. Lucky the other party has admitted FULL liability ohmy.gif

I am grateful in one way that I didnt have to watch Rovers live on Saturday as it was painful enough listening to Dinnis and his tripe, watching those muppets stelling,marsh,alchy best and mcdicktock slate our club and then discovering that the traitor had actually took his place at the stadium. To really cap it all to see his lad in a barcode shirt topped it all off. mad.gif

tinykit.gif

As much as I was anti-Souness in the past I can't blame him for leaving. The Newcastle job would have been too good to turn down, especially as I suspect he knew he was on borrowed time here.

And I can't say that I'm too bothered about him turning up on Saturday. It's the way he is, he's an arrogant sod who likes to be the centre of attention but there's nothing wrong about that.

If you're going to blame Souness for something then blame him for the way he's slowly turned our team from being European challengers to relegation fodder in the space of a year.

A number of my friends and colleagues used to say they enjoyed watching Rovers play and many even classed Rovers as their second team. It was all down to the attacking, flowing football we used to play.

I speak to them now and they seem to feel we have lost all creativity and are just an average team. Just can't believe how much our team has changed over the last couple of years.

I have to ask – who was that prat with the blue long sleeve polo shirt with burbery elbow patches? You sad Chav ######.

Are you talking about the lad that was arrested after the match?

Why was it all kicking off outside the Ewood Blues coach?

Also nice to see the Rovers fans got a mention in the Sun today, quoting 3 of our songs.

-Stand up if you've won the league

-Sit down if you've won f**k all

-Thats the squad whihc Souness signed.

Also said we were taunting the Newcastle fans the whole game

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.