BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Newcastle 3-0 Blackburn Rovers

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tony Parkes may be an Ewood legend, but the sooner he is taken out of the first team mix the better as was patently clear today.

What on earth was he thinking bring Flitcroft back into the starting lineup?

I blame Parkes for the OG today.

Please, we need a capable manager yesterday!!!

Oh yes it's all tony's fault!

He should have scored a few goals aswell! The lazy manager!

Parkes out! blink.gif Come on people we are talking about a good newcastle side, give them time and they too will be as bad as us! Souness working his magic! tinykit.gif

Tony Parkes may be an Ewood legend, but the sooner he is taken out of the first team mix the better as was patently clear today.

What on earth was he thinking bring Flitcroft back into the starting lineup?

Please, we need a capable manager yesterday!!!

His thinking wasn't flawed at all. Rightly or wrongly but definitely suprisingly Parkes played adventurously with two wingers from the start, cos of this the two in the middle needed to be grafters and tacklers. If Flitcroft let anybody down then blame him.

Personally I might just have played a 4-5-1 (with GF prob being one) for the first half to stifle the game and frustrate the mags and hope that their notoriously short tempered fans get on their backs for the second half.

Must be problems if we let Andy O'Brien score, fat nosed gimp.

ahem..

I would only criticise Parkes for playing Flitcroft and Matteo. But Matteo really just gets in the team no matter what because he was the main defensive signing this summer, but like Garry he is just not up to it in this league anymore.

Can't wait to read the individual player ratings from the guys and gals that went to St.James today.

But Matteo really just gets in the team no matter what because he was the main defensive signing this summer, but like Garry he is just not up to it in this league anymore.

That is one of the most depressing things about our paltry summer. We desperately needed defensive reinforcements...Matteo signed instead.

I wonder if any of the `toon` will see the irony in how easy they beat a team built by their new manager!

According to Radio Lancs they have realised. Apparently the calls are already coming into the local phone-ins saying exactly that.

Listening to BBC Radio Newcastle etc., is about the only thing that would cheer me up tonight.

Edited by Kiwiwannabe

Just a bit of effort like fighting for every 50/50 etc but it just seemed like a totally half hearted lame display.

Perhaps the players know who the new manager is and want out?

Was dropping Tugay , our (only) skillful player , the right signal to send the Geordies? . Was bringing in Flitcroft , our least skilful player, the right signal to send ?

We'd lost this game as soon as they saw the team sheet .

The good news , hopefully , is that by Tuesday we'll have a new manager.

New manager quickly. We need an injection of pride into the club. The players are waiting around just like the fans. Unfortunately, the players have to pick up points. Whoever gets the job needs to shore up our back line, we have more holes than a Swiss cheese. Many may not like it but we need Amoruso in there, he's not the fastest but has passion and will organise. Also, I fear our lack of creativity is killing us. When I see us play I never see any real chances, we seem to score from flukey chances rather than sustained pressure like most other teams. The new manager has a job on their hands.

But Matteo really just gets in the team no matter what because he was the main defensive signing this summer, but like Garry he is just not up to it in this league anymore.

That is one of the most depressing things about our paltry summer. We desperately needed defensive reinforcements...Matteo signed instead.

I love you <3

Absolute rubbish, am not happy. yeah we had no manager but neither did they. Newcastle were poor but we were a disgrace, the only entertainment was us out-singing the geordies and numerous members of our fans getting arrested, not sure why!!!!

Bloke in a wedding dress was causing comedy.

Here are the players ratings for all they are worth

Friedel: No chance with goals except maybe shearers 6

Neill: Gave Robert far too much space, did not get forward at all 6

Gray: Tried but was not good enough 6

Short: Got the runaround, too slow these days 6

Matteo: Pap, why did we sign him????? 5

Emerton: Has the talent but never shows it, corners either hit first man or swung out of play 5

Flitty: Sell him, should never have played, has always been toss 5

Ferguson: Did not put his mark on the game at all 5

Pedersen: Non existent, nothing more to say 5

Dickov: No service 5

Stead: Hit the bar, needs a goal desperately 6

sorry about short ratings but if you had seen the game you would realise that there is literally nothing to write home about!!!!

where was matt???? why play the totally inept douglas who is the biggest waste of time ever, he is NEVER going to make it.

newcastle were not good, we were just very very poor, need a manager asap and new players or else we are going down, no doubt about it. mad.gifsad.gif

For the last year and a bit they've been overpaid and underperformed. Whoever comes in better give each and every one of them a huge kick up the backside. Parkes says that they "are upset with their performance", but I bet they couldn't even give two hoots!!! Loyal fans are having to put up with this garbage week in week out and it just isn't good enough.

Hopefully not, like I say not sure why they were being took away.

There was a lot of goading the geordies, and there was an anti-souness banner at one point which was funny!

Sure somebody else closer to the various incidents might shed some more light.

Am so sick!!!!! Need cheering up!!!!

There is a reason why Tony Parkes has never been manager for any length of time in all his time at Rovers, and I think we found out why.

I don't blame Parkes, he's trying his best, no doubt. However, when you're looking for a goal - Douglas on for MGP?!!!!!!!!!! huh.gif (Unless MGP was injured, but even still, Jansen would have been a more attacking substitution).

I'm a bit concerned that MGP is struggling to make an impact but I'm sure he'll settle in eventually. Hopefully the new manager will give him a chance and the fans will rally around him - it can't be easy coming into a tumultous set-up that we are right now.

We desperately need a new manager to fill the void.

Not happy at all, but putting it in perspective - when I saw the fixture list before the season I expected 3 points from West Brom, 1 point form Saints and nothing at all from Arsenal, Cheats and Newcastle. So I'm only a couple of points off what I thought!

Agree though - we must beat Portsmouth to avoid getting into the losing habit like last year

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.