BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Newcastle 3-0 Blackburn Rovers

MGP said in today that he would be in the starting line up tomorrow. He also added that he thinks Tony Parkes is a nice guy.

I have to say. MGP is giving me the impression that he is a bit of an arrogent prick dry.gif

Also, i cant wait till WHEN rovers score, so we can sing. 'Souness, whats the score,souness souness whats the score'

Hopefully we can score to give us the lead and not a goal to give us a life line in a 4-1 game. biggrin.gif

Edited by greggyk

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What time is everyone getting up here????

Yeah the wetherspoons is great, is called the Union Rooms, I will be there at some point!!!!!

Some of my newcastle mates can.t make it to the game, or are they just making excuses laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif Running scared from us!!!!

Be good to see Jansen all be it on the bench I presume, even better if we were to get a winning penalty in the final minute.

Interesting to note we have only won 3 times when Dermot has reffed.

Correct American

Rovers 1 Sheff Utd 0 19/12/1992

Newcastle 1 Rovers 0 08/11/1995

Wimbledon 0 Rovers 1 04/10/1997

Leeds Utd 1 Rovers 0 24/08/1998

Rovers 1 Arsenal 2 25/10/1998

Rovers 2 Villa 1 26/12/1998

Derby 1 Rovers 0 16/01/1999

Newcastle 0 Rovers 0 14/02/1999

Rovers 0 Newcastle 1 24/02/1999

Rovers 2 Arsenal 3 30/01/2002

Birmingham 0 Rovers 1 24/08/2002

Leicester 2 Rovers 0 02/11/2003

Rovers 0 Villa 2 20/12/2003

Rovers 2 Chelsea 3 01/02/2004

Rovers 1 Birmingham 1 15/05/2004

And even more interestingly - I can't count either!! withstupid.gif

You running dermot's fan club Capt? biggrin.gif

I reckon we're going to win this one 2-1...if we can't get ourselves motivated for this then we're in desperate trouble. Team:

Friedel

Neill      Short      Matteo    Gray

Emerton  Flitcroft  Ferguson  Pedersen

Dickov    Stead

I wonder what the odds are on us finally getting a penalty today?

That would be typical of Souness' luck.

I think we'll win. Same score and same team as LeChuck's prediction above.

Craig "arrogant, bigger than the club, no neck, good for nothing" Bellamy (as I believe the locals know him) to open the scoring on 17mins with a goal deflected into our net by his ego. Pedersen to score the equaliser in the second half on 67mins with a cool finish of his fringe. Finally Barry Ferguson to predictably score the winner in the 90th minute from the penalty spot. No pressure Barry.

Souness appears on Betfair for the Rovers job at 50,000-1 straight after the match. The odds aren't long enough to attract a single bet.

rover.gif to me the season starts today,we have got rid off the master tactician and parkes will play players in there true position's,i for one expect douglas to play today.

not over confident we will get a result but a fine display will do.

newcastle 2 v 1 rovers tinykit.gif

Just been watching sky sports soccer saturday show and they all say banker home win and that the Rovers job is a bad job to take and that the fans are getting on the backs of the players.

What does George Best know, the drunken waster mad.gif

Typically, the one time there's REALLY some excitement around the first XI - there's no official news about it. Lee? wink.gif

Anyone picked up who's starting? (no "I-think-this-line-up", I want a CONFIRMED eleven!)

EDIT:

FRIEDEL-

NEILL,MATTEO,SHORT,GRAY-

EMERTON,FERGUSON,FLITCROFT,GAMST PEDERSEN-

STEAD,DICKOV

Subs:

Jansen, Bothroyd, Enckelman, Douglas, Tugay

Good one, Tony - thanks ! smile.gif

Edited by herbergeehh

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.