Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers 0 V 4 Middlesbrough review

Ozz

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure about his chances.

Steve Bruce and Mick McCarthy both watched Paul Gallacher for the reserves tonight!!

Wonder if Alex has told him he will be good back up....

Edited by John

Got a text from a Brum mate saying Bruce wants Gallacher on loan- trying to get the FA to let him bring a forward in on loan because of injuries.

Surely they cant do that! Wait until January...

If allowed we should be able to get a defender in, our needs are greater.

Edited by John

Whoever we play in central defence will need help: one of the lessons from last year for me was how well Andresen played when he became match fit- a more athletic form of Flitcroft. Could Reid play this role?

I thought Flitcroft contributed to the defensive certainties when he played on the right.

So, of course Short has to come back.But we need to think hard and long about midfield. Then we need to be able to score goals.Can Youri play the Andrew Cole role for Stead, or even for someone else. Split strikers?

tinykit.gif I have stated this several times

Lucas Neill should be played at centre half alongside Short. Gresko should be brought in at left back leaving reid at right back.

Ok we have a slight problem here - Neill can't head a ball.

End of. withstupid.gif

Correct Dave in fact it's 'obvious to a blind man on a galloping horse' that as far as heading is concerned Lucas is useless ( blink.gif ).

Steve Bruce and Mick McCarthy both watched Paul Gallacher for the reserves tonight!!

Granted these two should know more about footy than me, so many on this board want to see him playing (even at the expense of Dickov ffs!) but for the life of me and try as I might I cannot see much remotely resembling Prem quality in Paul Gallagher. sad.gif

Is it me or does anybody else share my opinion? thumbs-up.gif

Here is the team and formation (5-3-2) I would like to try with Rovers.

Dickov Stead

Pederson Ferguson Djorkoeve

Tugay Emerton

Gray Matteo Short

Friedel

Rovers need someone to replace Tugay and a young defender...probably a more experienced striker to replace stead too.

Gray! Matteo! and Short! in a back three ohmy.gif

Impossible! Milk turns quicker than any one of them! The only way anything lke that would work is if we adopted shady (but ruthless) Allardyce / Beck / Moyes type tactics and brought the touchlines in by about 2 metres each.

hmmmmmmmm huh.gif

I have only seen Gallagher once or twice and I thought he played particularly well on the one occasion. I think a lot of people's liking for him is based upon the fact that he is young, promising and a graduate of the youth system. It has been a long time since a member of our youth team was given an extended run in the first team and Gallagher has some degree of sentimental value to the fans.

Edited by tcj_jones

I can see why someone like Mick McCarthy would like Gally on loan. He has looked good to me when given a chance. More impressive maybe coming off the bench- Not afraid to have a go and also provides goals as well.

Gally does lack pace and strength for premiership football but he has skill and is intelligent but wether he can progress - who knows. Many on this board say get him in, but i think its blind faith and that their hoping for a local hero to come to our rescue which would be good but i agree with what your saying thenodrog.

From what I've seen of Gally he isn't an out and out striker. He's more of a Bergkamp or Sheringham type player - who drops off the front and links up midfield and attack.

He's definately got a touch of class about him though but I'd say he's behind Djorkaeff in the pecking order at the moment.

From what I've seen of Gally he isn't an out and out striker. He's more of a Bergkamp or Sheringham type player - who drops off the front and links up midfield and attack.

He's definately got a touch of class about him though but I'd say he's behind Djorkaeff in the pecking order at the moment.

Blimey Scotty. To misquote the Greatest.......

Bergkamp, Sheringham and Djorkaeff! If Gally ever dreames of being mentioned in the same breath as those 3 he'd beter wake up and aplogise!

Also saying we have sacked loads of managers recently etc.

Just about 10 days short of the fifth anniversary of the last time we sacked our last manager. (Kidd)

Radio football phone-ins attract some fools.

Was Amo taken off because he was injured?

Paper reports say he stormed down the tunnel after being subbed- if correct unlikely he will start the next game on that alone.

He certainly went straight down the tunnel, nothing unusual in that for a player, but to describe it as "storming" is exageration and nothing other than paper talk.

Gally out on loan? ohmy.gif I shall be very unhappy if that happens. We supposedly have one of the best academies around; yet rather than give these youngsters an extended run in the team we lend them to other teams or ignore them completley.

We know the first team are utter crap, we may as well find out what the kids are really like. Might earn us £17m one day wink.gif

We know the first team are utter crap, we may as well find out what the kids are really like. Might earn us £17m one day  wink.gif

Yeah Paul...... Like Burgess, Richardson, Peter Thorne etc?.

Panic selections are invariably useless.

Edited by thenodrog

As are panic buys and persisting with players who are plainly crap!!

We already know that certain players are not upto the job, so as we can't go out and buy anything making use of what we do have to hand makes sense - at the moment we have nothing to lose - do believe Spurs where in a similar sort of position with Ledley King - and look at how he has progressed now.

Not a case of throwing everybody in at once but there comes a point where they have to be given a chance to achieve the supposed potential - and in our situation for some of our younger ones now is the time.

As are panic buys and persisting with players who are plainly crap!!

We already know that certain players are not upto the job, so as we can't go out and buy anything making use of what we do have to hand makes sense - at the moment we have nothing to lose - do believe Spurs where in a similar sort of position with Ledley King - and look at how he has progressed now.

Not a case of throwing everybody in at once but there comes a point where they have to be given a chance to achieve the supposed potential - and in our situation for some of our younger ones now is the time.

Problem is players are good one week and then every one on here is going on about how amazing they are and need to pLay every week, everyone on here and maybe me too is guilty of picking a different starting line up every week.

We rely too much on inconsistent players like Tugay, Amo, Emerton and other that have never been able to produce week in week out

Edited by chris

I am of the belief that this will really be an up and down season...our manager will have to do the best he can with the group of players he has until the window opens and only then can he strengthen...will he have cash to spend? who knows...perhaps he will have to sell to buy...lets hope its not one of our best players if that is the case. So I would not be surprised to see the pack being shuffled now and again as our manager needs to find a system and team that suits what we have just now...I wa pleased to see Jansen immediatly being given another go and hope he does again, i was equally surprised to see him missing from the following weeks starting sheet, but i guess as i said this is something which will happen as everyone will get a chance to impress the new boss...only next season can we begin to truly judge our new manager...as to who is the best appointment for a managers position i believe choosing a manager is like buying a pair of socks....sometimes they look excellent in the shop but when you get them home you find they are not as comfy or far more comfy than you first thought...you have to give them time to mould to your feet and given time you can only tell whether they will last you the distance or whether they were not such a good investment or not... you could buy the best pair of socks in the most expensive store in britain but they might turn out not to be as comfortable as the shop down the road and more suited to your style...

I think we have the fighting spirit and the quality to stay up and hopefully next season when we our new manager has had time to get to know which is the best style and players to play we hopefully will be in a more comfortable position next season at this time....

I am still hoping we will win the FA cup!!!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.